Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· WCW Fan
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching Raw last night was quite disappointed not really because there was no Sting but because all that build up for a 10 minute staredown. though they could have done that segment better also the main event was kinda shit you would have thought they would have left the 2 21 11 reveal till the end but o well

my question now is this after the events of last nite were does it leave Sting?

Does anyone think that he will appear in WWE between now and Mania?
or do your think Vince Russo has tricked us and Sting will show up at Impact in the coming weeks?

For me if he hasnt shown up in TNA before Mania il be expecting anything

· Registered
868 Posts
20$ says this thread will be closed within 20 minutes

· Registered
1,238 Posts
well, i dont wanna hang this all on wwe.... as the 1st video DID (yeah, deal with it) have 2 gentlemen entering the shack...

so i think the best assumption is that sting made a verbal effort then backed out (there was probably like 10 different videos made for such a scenario, hence why the 3rd one was all taker), and if that actually happened, then fuck sting

i hope he goes to tna and looks like shit in a matt hardy match

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Sting was never in the running in truth that was just the dirt sheets talking some bullshit to get more hits on there website some are genuine but the Sting rumor seemed to good to be true .

· Registered
185 Posts
I wasnt one of the people who were saying it was definately sting, but after reading all the posts of people speculating, it did all add up to be sting. And as someone has said, if sting turns up next week, i wont be suprised, but then again i aint holding my breath for it.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Anyone who was left disappointed by the fact it was The Undertaker returning rather than the long awaited debut in WWE of Sting i have no sympathy for any of you because it had been clear for weeks that it was The Undertaker returning but because people bought into what the wrestling sites were saying they have been left disappointed. I am not sure how much more anyone needed on top of the arena advertising the return of The Undertaker and countless reports of no talks at all between WWE and Sting for people to realise who it was that was behind the whole 2.21.11 thing.

The likelihood of Sting ever gracing a WWE ring has got to the point now where it is highly unlikely we will ever see it happen outside of being inducted into The Hall of Fame once he has retired and left TNA for good which whilst Spike TV continue to pay him half a million dollars a year for a part time schedule due to his name value probably won't be for a couple of years yet. I know full well that if someone was paying me half a millions dollars a year for wrestling probably twice a month at most then i would keep going as long as possible so Sting going to WWE for any more than an induction into The Hall of Fame is a pipe dream and the fact that Sting has never been in a WWE ring add's to his value.

· Registered
75 Posts
I can't help but be hopeful that one day we will see Sting in WWE. I gave up hope he was the 2 21 11 guy ages ago. IF he has signed with WWE, I would expect a Goldberg-type year, where he debuts after WrestleMania and then has a big match last year. A guy can dream eh?

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
It was fun speculating while it lasted, but Sting will remain the biggest name in wrestling that Vince was never able to sign.

Sigh...the initial 2-21-11 promo that aired sent so much buzz and shock through the wrestling community. Wrestlemania still is looking to be pretty good with The Rock's return, but Sting would have added a whole other element.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
A huge missed opportunity. Sting in WWE will never happen now. It really is, well and truly, the end of an era.

In 13 months time Triple H and Undertaker will have retired and WWE will be desperately trying to pass off Edge and John Cena as legends.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.