Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to WWE haven't really watched much wrestling since WCW fell. I found Raw mostly entertaining but I didn't get the Elvis part, can someone explain it for me please?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It seems to be what average wrestling fan likes now:

- Q4: Raw increased to a 1.80 rating for Santino Elvis vs. Heath Slater in a comedy match, plus one commercial leading to the top of the hour.

Sad but true.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
To suck up to the home town crowd.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

- Q4: Raw increased to a 1.80 rating for Santino Elvis vs. Heath Slater in a comedy match, plus one commercial leading to the top of the hour.

Sad but true.
Santino "the ratings" Marella!!!!! :cool2

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
santino best for business

santino revealed at HIAC to be the mysterious and elusive "Vacant"?

Reactions: Samoon

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts

Sad but true.
Exactly why anybody who takes TV ratings seriously when it comes to the quality of a wrestling show or the "draw" factor of a character in the WWE are fucking retarded. The people with the ratings boxes are idiots who find shows like Jersey Shore & Total Divas entertaining, enough said. Best bet is to just listen to the crowd at the shows, still a bunch of dumbasses but it provides a better method of analyzing the shit then other way does.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I'm new to WWE haven't really watched much wrestling since WCW fell. I found Raw mostly entertaining but I didn't get the Elvis part, can someone explain it for me please?
You're Lex Luthor. You should be a genius. Come on. :agree:

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Exactly why anybody who takes TV ratings seriously when it comes to the quality of a wrestling show or the "draw" factor of a character in the WWE are fucking retarded. The people with the ratings boxes are idiots who find shows like Jersey Shore & Total Divas entertaining, enough said. Best bet is to just listen to the crowd at the shows, still a bunch of dumbasses but it provides a better method of analyzing the shit then other way does.
Exactly, unless I get a job at WWE, which will never happen, I don't give a fuck if a guy draws or not. I couldn't care less if CM Punk draws or not, as long as he entertains me, i'm good, and he's definitely entertaining.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
to show they are still thinking about the few kids in the audience. kids are idiots cuz they're little and don't know better. some actually like that shit.

i'm a punk fan and thought his promo was a little boring. to be fair, his thing with heyman has gone on for so long there is pretty much nothing new left to say. i'll give him a pass.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
It was a complete waste of time, and if they were going to do anything remotely worth my time it should have been something along these lines. The only thing they nailed on the head was 3MB. I just expected them to come out. Anyhow, where was The Honky Tonk Man for all of this? Yes, Jerry Lawler is from Memphis, and he is also Honky's cousin. Many of you may not appreciate Honky Tonk Man, but he was a decent draw back in his day just like his cousin Lawler. There is a bit of jealousy between the two men, more Honky of Lawler, than Lawler of Honky Tonk. Not to mention he has a record that will likely never be broken with the IC title reign.

Honky Tonk Man made a living in the WWE basically copying Elvis. Coming out, and trashing both Elvis, and Jerry The King Lawler would have been interesting in my opinion. Honky announces that he has 3 clients that are going to come out, and kick Lawler's ass if he doesn't admit that if it weren't for him he wouldn't be anywhere in this business. Honky claims that he got Lawler into the WWE, and then Lawler never got him a job back. It's all complete fiction, but nonetheless an angle for "wrestling". Out come 3MB.

Lawler unwillingly admits everything that Honky asks of him, and then walks out. Honky Tonk Man then starts ripping Elvis, and the city of Memphis in general. Honky Tonk has two guitars with him, and tells the crowd that this is a special night. Honky Tonk Man says that tonight one of these three men gets the other guitar. Honky says he will let all three hold, and look at the guitar, and then tell them who gets it. Honky Tonk Man hands Slater the guitar first. He asks Slater how it feels to hold a real guitar. Honky Tonk has the other guitar, and asks Slater if he knows a tune. Slater nods his head yes, and wham both Mahal, and McIntyre are out cold after both Honky Tonk, and Slater smash the guitars over their heads.

A mid to upper card star is born with Honky Tonk Man as his temporary mgr. Not Heath Slater, but just "Slater". Hair dyed black, and a new look, or more updated Elvis look. Slater could pull of the attire easy. Give him a real IC title run, and then create a story between the two in which Honky begins trying to end Slater's IC title reign, so that Slater does not break Honky's record. Have Slater feud with other mid card stars like Kofi, and now former members of 3MB as well. Slater has potential, and this angle should have happened.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to show they are still thinking about the few kids in the audience. kids are idiots cuz they're little and don't know better. some actually like that shit.

i'm a punk fan and thought his promo was a little boring. to be fair, his thing with heyman has gone on for so long there is pretty much nothing new left to say. i'll give him a pass.

Do kids these days even know who Elvis is?

·
Banned
3,146 Posts

Sad but true.
Quartlerly breakdowns for a wrestling show are the stupidest fucking thing in the world.

Unless every single person in the world is psychic and knows exactly what is going on during Raw without watching it then why the hell would it matter when they decide to switch their channel over to USA? They just want to watch Raw ffs.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
It was just a comedy segment because Raw was in Memphis.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts