Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the main events stand already for WM even with Reigns vs Goldberg.

Where is the stake for a male EC match?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
He’s talking about the Ppv dude . I think it’s bullshit they just give Reigns the match at minimum he should face someone at Elimination Chamber

·
Registered
22,887 Posts
Well one match is to determine Becky's challenger for Mania.....which is compltely pointless since we know it will be Shayna.

So.....yeah, there's no point at all really. The tag match could be fun at least.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
So kayfabe wise Roman is just handed a Wrestlemania main event with no kind of challenge or hurdle to earn such a coveted spot. Yeah we knew Roman was going to win it anyways but kayfabe wise you still have to explain how he earns a main event. I mean Drew McIntyre had to win the Royal Rumble. Roman just walks out and challenges Goldberg. It doesn't make much sense. We knew it was going to happen just explain it better.

·
#WWELogic
3,813 Posts

Also wasn't it Roman's "MAKE A WISH" to main event WM?" lol, if they turn Goldberg heel, he would say that line if Vinny offered enough of that #Blood$$$$

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So kayfabe wise Roman is just handed a Wrestlemania main event with no kind of challenge or hurdle to earn such a coveted spot. Yeah we knew Roman was going to win it anyways but kayfabe wise you still have to explain how he earns a main event. I mean Drew McIntyre had to win the Royal Rumble. Roman just walks out and challenges Goldberg. It doesn't make much sense. We knew it was going to happen just explain it better.
That's what I mean.

Makes no damn sense... But why does it even surprise mem

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
They had Goldberg win the title so that Roman would get a better reaction at WM36 when he won it, but then hand him the main event without him really earning it in anyway. Like that's such a heel thing to do, fans were chanting "you both suck" when he squared off with Goldberg. Wrestlemania will be interesting.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Yeah, they clearly don’t give a shit about this PPV at all, lol.

And what’s crazy, is they could have loaded up the match with star power and couldhave created storylines that made sense. Could have had Fiend go over Goldberg as he should have and then for the Chamber you could have had:

Cena, Reigns, Goldberg, Strowman, Sheamus, Bryan. Have Reigns and Goldberg spear each other through the cage or something and have them both eliminated without being pinned. Sets up their match.

The opening in the cage allows Nakamura & his gang to enter in and beat down Braun, which allows Sheamus to get the pin. That keeps that story ongoing and gives Sheamus a viable claim to an IC title shot.

Bryan pins Shesmus. And then Cena cheats or bends the rules to beat Bryan. Cena later explains that he did it because he’s desperate for his 17th or to headline one more WM, and it continues Bryan’s downward spiral of sorts. I just created this in 5 minutes. It’s 100 times better than what they “planned”.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,736 Posts
Yeah, they clearly don’t give a shit about this PPV at all, lol.

And what’s crazy, is they could have loaded up the match with star power and couldhave created storylines that made sense. Could have had Fiend go over Goldberg as he should have and then for the Chamber you could have had:

Cena, Reigns, Goldberg, Strowman, Sheamus, Bryan. Have Reigns and Goldberg spear each other through the cage or something and have them both eliminated without being pinned. Sets up their match.

The opening in the cage allows Nakamura & his gang to enter in and beat down Braun, which allows Sheamus to get the pin. That keeps that story ongoing and gives Sheamus a viable claim to an IC title shot.

Bryan pins Shesmus. And then Cena cheats or bends the rules to beat Bryan. Cena later explains that he did it because he’s desperate for his 17th or to headline one more WM, and it continues Bryan’s downward spiral of sorts. I just created this in 5 minutes. It’s 100 times better than what they “planned”.
This is actually very good booking and it would have set up Mania perfectly on the SD side. EC also would have been must see. If The Fiend wasn't already heel, I would have even had Cena finally make his long-awaited heel turn. What would you have done with Bryan going into Mania though?

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
This is probably the most pointless PPV in the history of the company!
I don't know, December to Dismember was a thing that happened. But yeah, it's not the strongest line-up.

The weird thing is, apparently they didn't do a men's EC because they felt like it was too predictable that Reigns would win. Yet they started a Becky/Shayna feud then booked a women's EC. Backwards AF.

Imagine Roman vs. Fiend vs. Cena vs. Bryan vs. Corbin vs... I dunno, Ziggler/Roode. Way stronger line-up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts