Wrestling Forum banner

So what happened to WWP? that was meant to take on TNA

1960 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  CubbyBr
Sorry Mods, i know this might not be the right section but i posted here due to its relation to TNA.

So what ever happend to this WWP World Wrestling Promotions company that was meant to be from Florida as well, have a millionaire financing it , had several contracts already secured and was meant to take on TNA to become the 2nd biggest promotion, and "eventually the greatest"

Anyone have any updates? everything's gone so quiet which leads me to believe that this was all a hoax???
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Despite what some people think, TNA is actually big compared to the next biggest US promotion ROH (and the difference between ROH and the rest of the indy's is also very large) and in fact the difference between them is larger than the difference between TNA and WWE. Given that, I think it's funny that a promotion that is less well known than ROH actually thought that they were going to take on TNA and eventually WWE within a short amount of time.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
Project never got off the ground. Booker T and Scott Steiner both supposedly signed with the company. Where are they now?

· Usertitle ist hier
14,188 Posts
Despite what some people think, TNA is actually big compared to the next biggest US promotion ROH (and the difference between ROH and the rest of the indy's is also very large) and in fact the difference between them is larger than the difference between TNA and WWE. Given that, I think it's funny that a promotion that is less well known than ROH actually thought that they were going to take on TNA and eventually WWE within a short amount of time.
I'm struggling not to argue with this.

In some factors, TNA is clearly bigger.

In others, it's not.

What I would say, is that TNA being bigger than ROH after the same amount of time in business, and the advantages TNA has had in talent and money should not be seen as a huge thing. Even TNA would struggle to fuck up with everything at thier disposal. The fact ROH has stayed within range and continued to grow at a big rate says as much about ROH's successes as TNA's lack of growth in terms of audience / look.

As for WWP, I think it's just a case of the business being so damp at the moment, partially because of the economy. It makes no sense to pump millions into an industry like this at the moment from start. It's hard enough for promotions like WWE / TNA, let alone a company with no previous.

· Registered
3,860 Posts
The guy in WWP handling talent relations quit and they were told that the financial side wasn't ready until January. Anyone interested in signing were told if they were no longer interested in the venture, they could leave. In any case, the name sucked anyway.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
Despite what some people think, TNA is actually big compared to the next biggest US promotion ROH (and the difference between ROH and the rest of the indy's is also very large) and in fact the difference between them is larger than the difference between TNA and WWE.
No, it's not. The wrestling business is WWE...then an astronomical gap...then everyone else. ROH is far closer to TNA than TNA is to WWE and that gap has been closing, while the WWE continues to race away from TNA.

· Registered
2,059 Posts
No, it's not. The wrestling business is WWE...then an astronomical gap...then everyone else. ROH is far closer to TNA than TNA is to WWE and that gap has been closing, while the WWE continues to race away from TNA.
The gap between TNA and ROH is more like a galaxy. There is no comparison. In baseball terms, it would be:

WWE - New York Yankees
TNA - Kansas City Royals (some small market team that NEVER makes it to the playoffs)
ROH - Single A rookie league where some veterans from the top two promotions go to restart their careers.

You won't see a Single A game on TV and you wont see ROH on TV. With the stuff going on with HDNet, the gap between TNA (who is having a record run in ratings this year) and ROH (losing TV altogether) is widening at a rapid pace.

· Registered
3,549 Posts
I've always liked this analogy...WWE is like the New England Patriots. They're run very well, they win Super Bowls, generally considered a model franchise. TNA is like the Oakland Raiders. They're still in the "major league" (since they have a TV deal and all) but they are run so poorly nobody takes them seriously and ROH is like the Arena Football league champion. Sure they may be the model Arena Football franchise but it's still only Arena Football.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
These comparisons are bad, confusing and after the fact. WWE is clearly #1. TNA is clearly #2. ROH is 3rd.

· Registered
7,318 Posts
ROH has a solid enough fanbase to draw decent houseshows, but you'll probably find more people our age do know of TNA...they just don't care enough to watch it/check it out or follow it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.