Wrestling Forum banner

So what do you think of Cody Rhodes' new theme?

6656 Views 53 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  The Bizarre One
It's an instrumental of 'Smoke and Mirrors' apart from a deeper pitched 'wooooaaoh' at the beginning. Now I for one absolutely love it, and I'll explain why. Firstly, it fits perfectly into the transition of his gimmick; not completely abandoning 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes but still showing he has gone in a different direction with his character and the theme reflects that perfectly, but more on that below.

Secondly, because it fits his current character. Similar to the first reason but that was about how 'Smoke and Mirrors' has been changed rather than discarded but this is more to do with the actual new theme which I feel displays a darker, heavier and somewhat distorted guitar riff which I think works brilliantly in consideration to Rhodes' new, darker character. It sounds much more serious and dare I say it, main event like? It reminds me of guys like Kane, The Rock and Stone Cold in particular who all had instrumental themes for the most part but because it fit them so well, it helped them get over and it would stick as a part of their respective legacies. We rarely see it nowadays, but Rhodes has joined Alberto Del Rio in having a great, fitting instrumental theme that imo sounds credible and I would be fine with that closing a PPV. Smoke & Mirrors imo did not have the same effect. It was too fun. Very midcarder-ish song imo but this is main event! Imo, it's one of those instrumentals which doesn't feel like a jobber's theme, especially when you consider that it's based off a lyrical theme and for all we know, lyrics could get added to it. While I wouldn't be against it, I honestly don't think this theme needs it.

So, what does everyone think about the new theme? Did you like it? Do you think it sucks? Undecided? Haven't heard it yet? Haven't heard because you didn't know and this was a spoiler? (in which case I apologize)

P.S. Sorry for the rant :D
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Banned
406 Posts
It's really sad to see this happening to poor cody.
Did you hear what Michael cole said they where
looking at him wierd in the restuart they toke forever to serve him,He doesn't even want to leave his house it just
breaks my heart to see it. But their's also rage
Rey Mysterio ruined his dashing looks ruined his face.
He was getting calls from hollywood rey would never get a movie role Because his a criminal thats why he wears a mask
his a disagrace he shouldn't be no kids role model.
He purposely disfigured Dashing Cody Rhodes that was uncalled for and unneccesy and how he hasnt been arrested and
thrown in jail is crazy i just hope cody ends his career
at wrestlemania. Rey mysterio is even more of a disgrace than orton when he punted vice in the skull !!!

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looking at him wierd in the restuart they toke forever to serve him,He doesn't even want to leave his house it just
He was getting calls from hollywood rey would never get a movie role Because his a criminal thats why he wears a mask
He purposely disfigured Dashing Cody Rhodes that was uncalled for and unneccesy and how he hasnt been arrested and
at wrestlemania. Rey mysterio is even more of a disgrace than orton when he punted vice in the skull !!!
I guess it's still real to you dammit! :p

· Registered
861 Posts
Too generic. The deeper "waaaaoohh" at the beginning is a great touch, but thereafter it needs a little more 'umph' or needs to be a little more sinister.

P.S. Kane wants his black towel back, Cody.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too generic. The deeper "waaaaoohh" at the beginning is a great touch, but thereafter it needs a little more 'umph' or needs to be a little more sinister.

P.S. Kane wants his black towel back, Cody.
I honestly believe the theme itself has the umph, as you put it, but I feel like it would have to be a bit louder for that to happen. I reckon it'll probably sound better with CD quality on everybody's I-pods, mp3s etc. That's my own opinion though.

· Registered
140 Posts
i wihs they'd warped it a little more, with some glitches or pitch shifts or soemthing, just to make it sound the a tortured version of the original, i think in this case a really unpleasent song would help, make it almost unlistenable

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wihs they'd warped it a little more, with some glitches or pitch shifts or soemthing, just to make it sound the a tortured version of the original, i think in this case a really unpleasent song would help, make it almost unlistenable
I'd agree but for the fact WWE have done the same thing with Goldust when he did his 'Artist formerly known as..' gimmick and I'd prefer Rhodes to do his own thing and have his own individual uniqueness in his theme. I guess the 'wooaaoh' in the beginning does that.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bbMyLykffg

Closest full version I could find.

lol, sounds like the type of music you'd hear in some sort of arcade game.
Well the actual theme sounds much better than that. This isn't just a heavier, darker, deeper, lower pitch edit of his 'Smoke & Mirrors' theme like in the video. It's obvious this theme was made from scratch but it was based heavily on the main riff of 'Smoke & Mirrors'.

· Registered
362 Posts

Are you fucking kidding me?:confused:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.