Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE surely ruined this guy carrer, from upper-midcarder to supreme jobber.

The guy has "IT". WWE pushing guys like Mason, Henry does not make sence...

I personally think Drew can be at least upper-midcarder. He is the one who has to join conspiracy angle.

So, will Drew get his chance again one day?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Drew McIntyer is as bland as cafeteria food, and he's not good enough in the ring to make up for that.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
I've been a fan of Drews since right after he won the IC title, and tbh I was sure in a year or less from then he would have been the world heavyweight champion. Sadly this was not to be and boy was I wrong.

If you ask for my opinion: he's pretty good in the ring and has a finisher that could be done on the little guys as well as the big guys with no trouble. His mic skills are no CM but if given the chance he could polish them into A grade material. I also think he has one of the top 3 entrance themes in the company atm.

I honestly feel if he would have continued to be pushed like he was then he could have grown into a good heel world champion by now, or damn near it.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I really hope they give Drew something new to work with in the near future. The guy's still young, so there's no real reason to over-emphasize it or anything, but it'd still be good to see.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mark Henry is being pushed because he, as a monster-like heel character, got over with the crowd.

How do you know that Mason Ryan is being pushed? Alex Riley has worked in more main-events than Mason Ryan. Is WWE pushing Riley right now? Answer is NO. Being in a couple of RAW main-events doesn't mean you will end up as a permanent main-eventer.

Drew wasn't over as a heel, probably because he doesn't have the "IT" factor. The Miz was over has a heel, hence he got pushed. Same goes for Truth. Drew failed at what Miz and Truth succeeded, that's why he wasn't pushed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hes bound to get his time again sometime soon, probably most likely once Henry's lost the WHC title and become a jobber again, after losing his confidence after being defeated by whomever takes the title from his monsterous grasp.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I've said it many times before, but Drew could be a main eventer. His heel run in 2010 on Smackdown was gold. Don't give me that bullshit that he's boring. His character last year was meant to bore you. Drew is full of charisma and is a great wrestler. WWE should at the less, give him another angle.

·
Banned
61 Posts
What about Drew McIntyre? He was given one of the most promising debuts in WWE history, given one of the most promising gimmicks in WWE history, and managed to do absolutely nothing with them except bore us to tears.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Seeing him in the 2011 Elimination Chamber removes any doubt he can go, they just won't give him the ball.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I really like Drew, but i think he is done actualy. WWE fucked him.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Drew might very well be a top ten WWE talent. I don't think they dropped him because of anything he did on screen. He was fantastic. More likely it was a combination of outside factors (his issues with his now ex-wife, possibly backstage behavior?, and the fact that they gave his push and a big chunk of his character to Alberto).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts