Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bully Ray cut that great promo and as usual AJ didn't deliver when it was his turn :allen1

AJ is one of the best in the ring, but how is this guy supposed to represent the company when he can't cut a good promo :banderas

Just give the ball to Aries or Roode (Magnus soon) and let them run with it.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He did fine, it was a tough task to make a compelling follow up after Bully's killer promo, but he got through. He called him a bitch, huge plus in my book.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
..because Magnus has done better in promos?

AJ did good enough to me.

if/when AJ wins, this will be 2 years in a row TNA gave the title to a guy to make him happy and not leave the company. last year with Hardy and this year with AJ.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
We all know he's not a great promo, but since they've actually defined his character he's begun to find a rhythm. Everything they've done with him lately -- having him stand up to Dixie and overcome the odds, it's the simplest/most common sense way to get someone over. Plus, he's kicking everyone's ass and being made to look strong. This is how you book a top face IMO, all the years of the announcers putting him over as a phenomenal wrestler wasn't gonna do it. To me, the biggest challenge after he's champ will be keeping the odds stacked against him so the fans remain sympathetic to his struggle.

·
Banned
924 Posts
The promo was good but I didn't think Bully outclassed Styles on the mic. Content was weak from both. Maybe its just me, but I really hate this contrived intensity with Bully's promos.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
TNA should be about Aries, Roode, Ray, Hardy, Storm and Magnus working the main event ,upper midcard not Styles, Sting, Angle, Jerrett , and Joe

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
1. No one in TNA is "ready" because TNA doesn't know how to make stars.

2. You don't need to be good on the mic to be a star or main eventer.

3. AJ's last run as champ drew better ratings than Bully's reign, excluding the drop due to them moving to Monday.

·
Registered
62 Posts
if/when AJ wins, this will be 2 years in a row TNA gave the title to a guy to make him happy and not leave the company. last year with Hardy and this year with AJ.
Or it could just be that they will be finishing the build up to him winning the title that was started in Nov. of last year.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Bully Ray cut that great promo and as usual AJ didn't deliver when it was his turn :allen1

AJ is one of the best in the ring, but how is this guy supposed to represent the company when he can't cut a good promo :banderas

Just give the ball to Aries or Roode (Magnus soon) and let them run with it.

I'll give you that AJ isn't the best on the mic. But the people are on his side. That moment when he jumped into the crowd a few weeks ago? Gold. The people love him.

I'm like you, I put a lot of stock in mic skills but there are other ways to entertain the fans. AJ does his talking in the ring.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Or it could just be that they will be finishing the build up to him winning the title that was started in Nov. of last year.
Logic isn't something commonly used on this forum.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Okay give the ball to Roode and watch him run right back to the Impact Zone with it.

It doesn't matter who represents TNA. They're not going to grow the company or ratings with just one guy doing well. sorry.

·
Registered
124 Posts
He did good. Normally he is awful in promos...but for some reason he's been getting better lately. Obviously he isn't the best talker in TNA, but he deserves to be in the main event scene...and even champion/face of TNA.

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
Its interesting some people are still not satisfied with his mic work.I think its come to the point when people just wont ever will be.

I thought he was terrible for years but even last night was one step farther for me feeling he has made a change over. I personally enjoyed it and i like the edge he has finally got to.

Again i always thought he was terrible back in the day.

It kinda sucks that Roode will prob get another push and yet again he is a mega world champion out of a studio haha

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I doubt the plan they've had all along for AJ had to do with him running with this contract thing and having Dixie turning heel. that's probably not what they had booked last fall when Prichard was still in TNA.

IMO TNA was at it's best when Roode was the champion.

I also wish people could look past ratings as to how they value/judge the show. I have seen (and read from others) plenty of episodes that were really good, but did poor in ratings.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts