Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of PPV's has around 7-9 matches average, we know only 4 at the moment.

There is no roster depth on Smackdown so I think it is gonna have 2 more matches and 1 of them will be a kickoff match with matches getting more time than it should get.

Having 2 titles not defended in the show is not a good thing to do just for doing history.

Kevin Owens and Naomi should defend their titles and have Rusev and Asuka or Lana replace Kevin and #1 contender for Naomi.

What do you think of MITB till now?

Is it good to have that less matches with more time for the match or their should be more matches on the show?

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
AJ and KO should be working two matches and Naomi should be defending against Carmella (holds two pin falls over her IIRC). You can have Lana in the MITB in her place.

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
I get not having Owens defend his title as he can contribute to the MITB match, even if it's a little silly kayfabe wise, but not having Naomi defend her title is just lazy and stupid, have someone win some meaningless battle royal if you don't want someone to eat a pin in a number one contender match... but then... having Naomi as women's champion is stupid so whatever the booking may as well follow suit.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,379 Posts
Could have Lana return and have a title shot against Naomi. I mean didn't Smackdown remove the title from her for not defending for 30 days due to injury and she has not defended it in the last 30 days

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
I want Naomi to issue an open challenge for the title (because she is a fighting champion and she glows and because her kicks are funny etc.) Lana to make her debut and beat her for the title. That would make things interesting.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,498 Posts
While I do think it's lazy for WWE to have half the titles lay dormant for a fairly big PPV I'm willing to give fewer matches a chance. Wrestlemania and other big shows have been filled with too many matches and not enough time for any of them. The Takeover specials have only a few matches which gives the opportunity to have classic matches and those shows are only two hours.

Give the two MITB matches ample time without rushing to the finish and they have the potential to be MOTY candidates. Taking away from them with meaningless title matches or, even worse, show filling eight-man matches to get more talent on the show detracts from the product.

It's addition by subtraction. Hopefully.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
-Orton vs Mahal isn't going to be very long and is going to be shrouded with interference.
-Womans MITB should be around 15 to 20 minutes.
-Mens MITB should go 20-25
-Expecting Usos to beat Big E and Xavier unless they put Kofi in the teams in the match. Either way, 15-20 minutes and these guys might suprise.

Yeah, the card is going to be heavily dependent on the length of the MITB matches.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
PPVs like this and Elimination Chamber are cancerous IMO because it forces up to 6 people in the main event and you are stuck with an underwhelming mid-card. Carmella should be the number one contender because of her wins over Naomi and Owen's should defend against someone like Dillenger or Nakamura instead of being in the ladder match.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
This is why they need to stop forcing these women's stipulations to ****make history****

Naomi vs Carmella sure but scrap this women's MITB, just have a #1 contender match :shrug

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Never mind depth of roster and lack of angles.
The problem is the same as usual these days. Too many PPVs.

Give creative some space to actually write an angle - don't try to have things paying off in less than 3 to 4 weeks.
Stop overexposing everyone on the roster. It's not wonder people don't give 2 shits about most of the wrestlers. They're on TV every week with the same schtick, same promo, same matches ...

All we need is some variety. Then interest will go back up.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,444 Posts
They may as well just throw Lana into a match with Naomi. Two straight PPVs without defending the title looks bad.

·
Daddy's Home
2,943 Posts
I honestly don't mind since I think less defenses make the matches more meaningful, but I understand if I'm in the minority here. I also don't mind considering the 4 matches announced already have me pretty excited.

As far as what else they could add, I'm guessing they'll do something with this Harper/English storyline. They'll probably add Breezango vs the Colons. One of those will probably be on the pre-show. After that, I'd expect Rusev to make his debut. Perhaps against Dillinger who could use his first loss(Ty isn't the type of babyface that should be undefeated).

I'm also expecting some twists. An American Alpha turn; a Mike Bennett debut; one of Charlotte, Becky, or even Naomi to turn on the others. Maybe even a Cena return, although that will probably happen the Tuesday after. This should be a great special.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts