Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
15,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured they might actually book Lashley to destroy Miz next week to win his first WWE Championship while Drew writes off Sheamus later at Fastlane to tie up those loose ends then we get Drew/Lashley at WM, I've seen people say this but what of the outcome at WrestleMania on both sides? Do you see two Heel Champions retaining realistically?

There is strong agreement that Roman should retain against Edge crushing his long extended return fulfillment since losing will reduce his credibility, That would be a minor setback going off of who he is losing to so no Edge can afford to go over here it's not like Miz having a short reign and getting written off without a thought this is Edge and his credibility speaks for itself.

Would you prefer Drew taking the Title from Miz in a rematch at Fastlane instead? He can drop it to Lashley in a better crowning moment at WM followed by a sweet Hurt Business celebration on the following Raw in the VIP Lounge.

Would you prefer Roman being the one who does take the bullet at WM and lose to Edge who fulfills his comeback story? Roman will get it back with no severe damage to his aura just fine, Book Seth as a Kickstarter feud for Edge to go over in an initial feud while Roman buys time weighing his options like the shrewd man he's been playing recently until he takes back his Title without rushing it so soon.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I just want Drew/Lashley at WM for the title. Don't give a shit about a Miz who has been buried by just about everyone and their grandmother.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I figured they might actually book Lashley to destroy Miz next week to win his first WWE Championship while Drew writes off Sheamus later at Fastlane to tie up those loose ends then we get Drew/Lashley at WM, I've seen people say this but what of the outcome at WrestleMania on both sides? Do you see two Heel Champions retaining realistically?

There is strong agreement that Roman should retain against Edge crushing his long extended return fulfillment since losing will reduce his credibility, That would be a minor setback going off of who he is losing to so no Edge can afford to go over here it's not like Miz having a short reign and getting written off without a thought this is Edge and his credibility speaks for itself.

Would you prefer Drew taking the Title from Miz in a rematch at Fastlane instead? He can drop it to Lashley in a better crowning moment at WM followed by a sweet Hurt Business celebration on the following Raw in the VIP Lounge.

Would you prefer Roman being the one who does take the bullet at WM and lose to Edge who fulfills his comeback story? Roman will get it back with no severe damage to his aura just fine, Book Seth as a Kickstarter feud for Edge to go over in an initial feud while Roman buys time weighing his options like the shrewd man he's been playing recently until he takes back his Title without rushing it so soon.
Well, I don't know if "neither can lose" is actually correct.

Lashley, in my opinion, would be the one that has to lose the most, since he just picked up the pace lately and if he loses the title in a month it would crush his momentum. We need to consider, though, that Lashley isn't young, is not someone they're going to build the company around, and therefore even if he peaks in a very short time it isn't the end of the world.

Reigns, on the other hand, won't be hurt by a loss at all. The only problem, in my opinion, it's that he's facing Edge. Edge's comeback story doesn't require him to beat Reigns, any champion works; and it kinda sucks to waste the biggest heel turn in the last few years on somebody who doesn't need to overcome the top heel, but just needs to win the title back from anyone.
I'm convinced that Roman losing to someone who would actually benefit from defeating Roman Reigns wouldn't be seen like such a waste.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's gonna be the first show in ages that they have actual fans. Expect a High Babyface win rate. Wrestlemania was built for the bad guys to lose, and since vince doesn't have to worry about selling out the next ppv I expect him to tie up almost every storyline here.

·
Premium Member
Donna Del Mondo ⭐
3,060 Posts
Lashley is the heel, his job to put over the top babyface at WrestleMania.. You build up heels to put over the babyfaces. That's how wrestling works.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,337 Posts
Lashley can't lose, Reigns can afford a loss.

Reactions: Jersey

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I feel that Reigns can afford a loss. He is Roman Reigns, one of the strongest booked wrestlers in history. He could drop the title and win it back in time for next years RTWM and that would be totally fine. Lesnar lost to Rollins but they didn't take away from Mcintyre beating Rollins a year later.

·
Registered
19,317 Posts
It's gonna be the first show in ages that they have actual fans. Expect a High Babyface win rate. Wrestlemania was built for the bad guys to lose, and since vince doesn't have to worry about selling out the next ppv I expect him to tie up almost every storyline here.
really? how many fans are expected?

·
Registered
26,389 Posts
I don't see any way both heel champions retain at Mania. I'm picking Reigns to retain his belt at Mania as I just don't see Edge being the guy to be the one to end Roman's reign.

Lashley will get the belt either next week or at the latest by Fastlane. But I'm pretty confident he would lose it to Drew, even if they add a 3rd man to the match like Brock like I've predicted.

Of the 2 Reigns could definitely afford a loss more but I just don't see him losing. If they want Drew to win at Mania just for the big babyface moment, I would have Lashley win it back at the next PPV and then let him have his big run while Drew takes a break from the belt.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Considering Lashley's gained great momentum and fan base with his badassery, no matter what happens at that time it will be a smart move to turn him in to a smiley babyface who's so amazed and happy to be there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry, but Edge and McIntyre should both be leaving WM with the belts. Anything else is silly and makes no sense.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts