Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with all their great resources to take advantage of during this testing period of not being able to perform to a large crowd, the most creative thing they could come up with is just have a few matches in an empty performance centre and rerun some of the past recent PPV matches...

What stops them turning to a lucha underground type format temporarily, especially for wrestlemania by hosting it in some gritty looking warehouse, or a Matt hardy total deletion type of episode for raw or smackdown, or go down the ufc/boxing 24/7 route for an episode of two leading up wrestlemania?

They could even borrow from the format of one of their own network shows with southpaw regional wrestling.

Why are they so scared to try something different for their main shows?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I’ve enjoyed the promos for Smackdown and Raw.

The Cena/Wyatt segment was awesome. The Edge promo was fantastic. I believe having no fans really helped those two segments. Not having dumb fans screaming stupid shit.

Loved the Undertaker came out his normal self. Aj Styles cut one of his best promos in his career. So I can’t really complain for the promos.

·
rasslin
2,640 Posts
The show would've been way more enjoyable if they put classic matches on.

showing Bret / Austin to a new audience that may have not yet seen it would've been much more entertaining than showing a Rumble from a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
Why aren't they just shutting down for a few weeks ?
Because financially they can't afford to..

US tv contracts for Raw/SD and NXT amount to $10 million per week

They are already leaving $2-3 million in ticket sales weekly on the table cancelling all events with audience

A few weeks and you would be looking at $100 million in potential lost earnings, add in Wrestlemania week cancelled and it's $200 million. Company is on verge of collapse after that

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had no to low expectations for RAW and Smackdown so I wasn't disappointed with either and found enjoyment in both. I do fast-forward through the Elimination Chamber and Royal Rumble matches though. At this point I'm grateful we get any current WWE TV.

·
Registered
229 Posts

showing Bret / Austin to a new audience that may have not yet seen it would've been much more entertaining than showing a Rumble from a few weeks ago.
They don't allow blood, and you choose the match where Austin had a crimson mask?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

I don't think that's a bad idea. Bret/Austin or Shawn/Razor or even Steamboat/Savage. . .

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
SD was good because of HHH. Raw sucked except for the few minutes Edge and AJ cut their promos. Someone suggested showing classic matches instead of recent ones - That´s not a bad idea, but they should find some of the best matches Brock and Undertaker have had, so younger people can see what those two could do when they were in their prime.. It can even tie into AJ´s promo about wanting to put the final nail in the coffin.

·
Registered
446 Posts
This was one of the
Worst raws ever. Imagine putting the entire royal rumble in to take up half the show. Edge and aj were OK. Undertaker odd. Stone cold the worst iv ever seen him less said the better about becky cringe. Hate to say it but triple h saved smackdown but none of the 3 commentators on raw could save this car wreck.

·
Southern Pride
2,966 Posts
Yeah, there is no way RAW this week can be defended. For the most part it was bad. That Royal Rumble match replay taking up like half of the show.

Most of the promos were pretty good though.

It's just a matter of them figuring things out while in this current situation and only having a certain amount of people in the building. It's probably not as easy as some of us would think. They can for sure do better, i'm just giving them a chance.

Before this virus thing happened RAW had been at least decent. So I feel like maybe they can figure out a way to make it decent again under this temporary situation.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Of course not. They have so much more to give creatively. Be patience. You just need to wait for Vince to die.

·
Registered
414 Posts
This is the end of days. It's hard to write compelling material when society is about to crumble.

This, and notice the attitude era ended in 2001 after 9/11

Society has been going steadily downhill since then

So has wrestling

Every year since 2001 it has just got worst and worst

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’m just amazed at how much WWE just don’t give a damn anymore.

their WrestleMania season flagship show was filled with replays of mundane matches, promo packages, squash matches and a migraine (Street Profits) on commentary during a decent tag match.

Randy’s promo was the only watchable thing.

I’d hate Tom imagine the shitstorm fans would be slinging if AEW cared as little for their product as WWE do?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts