Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Aww don't be so sad.:crying:

Apply this lyrics to the beginning of a new wrestling ''era''.

·
NEWCASTLE UNITED
2,879 Posts
It's very sad, glad I got the chance to see them both live on RAW back in 2012, they were a tag team ironically. Didn't think that would be the last time I see them.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,354 Posts
The last WWE show I've went to was No Way Out 2012; where the World Title match was Punk/Bryan/Kane in a triple threat match. Was a good match. Looking back on it, I'm really happy I got to see them go at it once in WWE; after seeing them both countless times at ROH shows. Two GOATs. WWE needs more guys like them.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I've been watching these 2 since 2004 when I was 12 years old. I essentially grew up watching these 2 grow up. It's really wierd not seeing these 2 inside the squared circle anymore. All I can say is thank you to both guys for all they gave to pro wrestling.

·
NEWCASTLE UNITED
2,879 Posts
The last WWE show I've went to was No Way Out 2012; where the World Title match was Punk/Bryan/Kane in a triple threat match. Was a good match. Looking back on it, I'm really happy I got to see them go at it once in WWE; after seeing them both countless times at ROH shows. Two GOATs. WWE needs more guys like them.
Same I am so glad I went to that show in 2012, omg you don't know what you've got until it's gone. RAW sucks so bad without them both.

and according to Wrestling Database, the last RAW Daniel Bryan was on was the UK show in April, in the dark main event, so I was there for his last. :Cry

·
Registered
248 Posts
A Sad Day really, both men broke through when many didn't give them a chance and both gave us some special moments, they are by far WWE's brightest moments. I did love their two matches at OTL and MITB (a really underrated match for me) and they had some great Chemistry, sad that both men and title came out 2nd in their feud to AJ, which I never understand. A massive feud today between a heel Punk and a face Bryan would have been a massive WM match but alas. But at least we have two matches and some Tv matches to look back on.

I think it's great to see the likes Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, Sami Zayn all in WWE, I just don't see any of them having a Punk or Bryan main event career (I think Samoa Joe might actually get to the main event but gets fed to Cena, Orton and Reigns). But fair play to Seth Rollins for doing what he was doing in WWE until the injury. So I think we wouldn't be seen this if it wasn't for Bryan and Punk.

Sad end for the era both men are HOF bound and will live in the memory.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
I disagree. While neither performer is active today, we're left with Rollins, Zayn, Ambrose, KO, Samoa Joe, and AJ Styles, just to name a few. Doubtful that any one of those guys get a serious look from the company as a upper card/main event level talent without the foundation Punk and Bryan laid before them.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
The Rise of Punk and Bryan was a short era that was full of unforgettable moments and ground breaking events when it came to changing how things worked in WWE. They were two indy guys who defied the WWE law of top guys being body building athletic models chosen by the WWE machine. They went against the mold and showed everyone that as long as you have the passion and the drive to succeed, you can bring in a change. It's unfortunate that both guys went out the way they did in their careers (Punk losing his passion, and Bryan's career ending injuries and concussions), but the impact they made by showing indy stars can shine in the big leagues will never be forgotten. Probably the most enjoyable time period in the PG era of WWE.

·
Making Roman look strong
347 Posts
Is it official?

Have we officially entered a new era in the WWE. Without the likes of Cena, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton etc. have we officially entered a new era of Superstars where WWE will no longer require those guys to carry the company. Cena and Orton are passed their prime and I feel like by the time they return they'll be used as temporary main eventers to put over younger guys because the WWE has moved passed them into a new era. What should we call this era?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The two most over wrestlers of this generation are gone, one is retired and the other is probably never coming to a wrestling ring.

And Punk just posted this on twitter, incredible considering how much he has distanced himself from wrestling.
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/696932403860918272

Man the feels, so sad these guys never had a match on Wrestlemania.

hey they had a match for the wwe championship a few years ago
oh, but cena vs laurinitis was the main event of that ppv

·
Registered
810 Posts
overrated is more like it, jesus fucking christ and good riddance these two are gone.

Reactions: oldschoolfan
41 - 60 of 107 Posts