Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that both Kidd and DH Smith suck on the mic and have no personality. I get that. But I just don't see what WWE hopes to accomplish by splitting them up. It seems the Tag Team division needs more help than the singles division at the moment. And whether you like them or not, they were one of the few bright spots in the realm of tag teams. If WWE was unhappy with their current direction, they could have turned them heel and gave them a manager that could draw a lot of heat, like Vickie. A heel stable with Vickie, Ziggler, and the Harts would have been cool.

I dunno, I guess it's just nostalgia. I've always been a fan of the Hart family and I enjoyed seeing their legacy continue in WWE. I feel like the Hart Dynasty could have accomplished a lot more as a team, which could have translated into more success for one or both of them as singles competitors later on. As is stands right now, both of them are talented workers in the ring, but I'm afraid their inability to connect with the audience will hold them back.

In the end, I think it all boils down to the fact that WWE doesn't give a crap out Tag Teams anymore.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
It's not even that either has such a strong chance on their own. It's that tag teams have a shorter and shorter shelf life in WWE. In the past, a team like the Killer Bees could remain on the roster for THREE YEARS without even winning the title. Now, even if you get a run as champions, if you've been a team for more than eight months or you lose the titles, your days are numbered.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Nope, I don't care about the team.

Tyson is good in the ring, but needs something more to even get past the midcard.

As for the rest of the team... I don't care about DH or Natalya

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wish WWE management would pull their heads out their asses and realize that nobody is going to care about a feud between two members of a tag team no one ever gave a crap about.

It's a waste of air time, nobody cares and so nothing will come of it. If breaking up CrymeTyme was a bad idea, this was an even worse one. At least one of the guys in CrymeTyme was over with the crowd.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
A few years ago, the mere mention of a new Hart Foundation really got people excited and this was way before Bret Hart entered the equation. I genuinely thought they would set the tag division of fire, how naive. They're crap, and it's not 100% there fault but neither of them are on the level of even Jim Neidhart for personality. IMO, Smith looks out of place in a wrestling ring.

In answer to your question, I don't care, not anymore. What a shame!

·
Registered
934 Posts
yes, I care

I think both of them are promising wrestlers. DH Smith might lack on the charisma side but he's damn good inside the ring, anyone who says otherwise hasn't actually watched him wrestle. He's also pretty good on the MICROPHONE. He just looks as generic as you can get and has a babyface.

Tyson Kidd may lack some size but he is truly the excellence of execution like Bret Hart said himself. Fantastic wrestler, great look, good mic skills. And he has Nattie. : D

Both of them can cut it as singles mid-card stars at least, assuming they get the pushes. At which point that would make them a much more interesting tag team too.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I care, well, sorta. I'm relieved they finally break-up, they haven't been entertaining since God knows when. Both need a total repackaging though. DH Smith should play a character similar to Finlay's imo, "a man who loves to fight", they have similar wrestling style so it might work. Tyson Kidd is a fantastic in-ring talent, the guy can kick ass in the ring, i'm not sure what to do with his character though, perhaps WWE will give him a generic better-than-you cocky heel gimmick since he already used it on ECW.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nope, they never really showed much, which is partially down to there booking. It will be the same for any future tag teams, within a year they split and disappear to lower card or dark matches, with the odd chance one might go on to be successful.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
I didn't care about the team much but at least an actual tag team... but not anymore. Tyson Kidd is a good wrestler, but I don't think he's going to go too far right not as they have others getting single pushes. DH Smith sucks and I don't care if he ends up jobbing forever.

But breaking them up was incredibly stupid; they didn't do much as a team, and now they won't do much in singles... but at the very least we had a somewhat-over face tag team. Great job booking.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
I do and don't. Don't because They didn't do anything of relevance as a team apart from winning the tag belts which is a joke anyways. Do because this could lead to some great matches between Daniel Bryan and Tyson Kidd if they feud.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
No sir, I don't care about any of them.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
I've been a fan of Kidd's for a few years now, so I definitly want to see him succeed in the E. To be honest though, I would have liked to see a succesful run under the hart dynasty more than singles success. The run they had was disappointing to say the least.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cant see the point in the break up, just not enough proper tag teams to break then up for the sake of it. At least a fued between them could have decent matches.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
Don't care about them at all.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Nope. They'll end up like Cryme Tyme - one jobbing on Superstars while the other is released or off tv until the contract expires.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I don't really care about them as a tag team but as singles competitors, kind of. Kidd is one of the best pure workers in the company so he's got that on his side. I could see a vain character in his future, not unlike Rhodes or Ziggler. As for Smith, he's improved leaps and bounds in the ring and actually has a very good big man moveset. Obviously he's a dud on the mic but maybe with a mouthpiece he could get somewhere.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Tyson Kidd is gonna make some intense matches when he is finally on his own, so yes I care about Kidd. Its like Morrison Melina and that other guy everyone is doing good except that one guy Joey Mercury was his name I think. In Hart Dynasty's case everyone will do just fine except for David hart smith.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts