Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not a clue of why Drew is still there since he is pretty much another bad joke of a jobber. Not sure what he did to appear on this past Monday's Night Raw. When was the last time he wrestled? Not that he made an impact anyways, but after all this time, how long do you think he will continue on WWE.

Masters had improved tons compared to the downhill Drew has had since months ago, and even though he was released first.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Drew has a ton of potential so I don't think he's on the chopping block but merely going through some intense humbling after the ordeal with his ex-wife. It's a shame he isn't featured more prominently but he'll get another shot in due time.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Never got the appeal of Drew McIntyre tbh. He's so boring.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The biggest embarassment to my nation since the deep fried Mars Bar, to be honest.

I tried to like the guy, but they've just utilized him horribly. I know he has a personality and could be good, but I think they've dug his hole too deep already.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Drew's a young guy with a load of potential. He is still probably being "humbled" for the incident with his ex-wife, and he'd been due for a de-push anyway (everyone gets one at some point). It didn't help that they basically spun Drew's "Chosen One" gimmick into Del Rio's "Destiny" spiel and gave the push to ADR.

Drew wrestles at most Raw events. He just hasn't been getting on Raw.

At least Drew didn't get squashed on Raw like I was expecting. The guy's a fantastic worker, so hopefully that's a sign that he'll be on his way back up soon.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Doesn't bother me the least tbh. He bored the hell out of me during his push on Smackdown, and he continues boring the hell out of me everytime he appears on TV, even if he is only used to job.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Drew McIntyre is talented and can carry the IC belt imo. It seems the WWE are trying very hard to bury him and it's working. He needs to be pushed again because he could be a big star in the future.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I don't think McIntyre will be future endeavoured any time soon. Drew has really improved in the ring over the last 12-18 months, he needs to improve his skills on the mic though but if given time to develop more of a character, i really think Drew could still be a top guy in the company.

·
Registered
338 Posts
On the other hand, the very fact he was booked to wrestle ORTON is a good sign, I think. He was on TV, for the first time since how long ... He was booked against a multi-times champion who rarely ever loses! Orton does not wrestle lowcarders usually. Orton is main event.
Of course Drew would lose to Orton. But that’s not significant, everybody loses to Orton (except, lately, Henry). And it was NOT a squash.

If it means anything at all, it is more likely that it means that his punishment period is over. But it probably does not signify anything. I assume it was just that all the important heels were tied up in the tag team match and Drew was only a stand-in.

By the way: I though Drew looked a bit heavier than some months ago. Seems he hit the gym and bulked up some. Or am I mistaken?

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Leaky boat or not, I'll never not be a fan of Drew McIntyre.

Love everything about him. Patience for me. This is WWE we're talking about.

They do whatever they want, whenever they want. I'll say what I've said previously:
We don't make stars, they do. They choose who they want and it's up to us whether or not we want to keep em there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts