Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of their genius's apparently realized that a great new thing would be for people to no longer try to win the title, but rather try to steal it. What drama this brings...Seeing guys steal the title back and forth and have 2 grown men play tug of war with a glorified trophy...yes this truly is the new direction of WWE. I still dont get why WWE passed on me to be a writer. Instead of men stealing titles I wanted abductions of children, semi-involuntary implied sex scenes, and the fake firing of Cena and his return as the lucha libra "La Puss". But no they wanna go with grown men tug of war and pointless im gonna take the belt nonsense.

·
Registered
486 Posts
One of their genius's apparently realized that a great new thing would be for people to no longer try to win the title, but rather try to steal it. What drama this brings...Seeing guys steal the title back and forth and have 2 grown men play tug of war with a glorified trophy...yes this truly is the new direction of WWE. I still dont get why WWE passed on me to be a writer. Instead of men stealing titles I wanted abductions of children, semi-involuntary implied sex scenes, and the fake firing of Cena and his return as the lucha libra "La Puss". But no they wanna go with grown men tug of war and pointless im gonna take the belt nonsense.
:vince " It's fucking brilliant damnitt!!"

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
The tug of war was stupid.

Stealing the IC title was just a way to get guys in a ladder match. I can't complain about the IC title match because those guys are above jobber royal and will steal the show.

I really don't want most WF posters for creative with Gail Kim 2003 booking for NXT stars, year-long IC and WWEWHC reigns, and lack of swerves. I also don't like current creative though. There has to be a level headed medium.

·
NEWCASTLE UNITED
2,879 Posts
Nothing will ever beat your Zombie invasion angle mate. Passing you up will cost them millions in the long run.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,556 Posts
The Rock stole the Smoking Skull belt 16 years ago and it was great. Dean Ambrose stealing the IC title had a purpose behind it. He felt disrespected by his treatment; getting DQed constantly and being labeling as a Lunatic for the sake of selling T-Shirts. The problem is WWE took something that worked ONCE, turned it into an awful comedy act, then transferred it to the main event as if anyone liked that shit in the first place.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
My memory of the details are very sketchy. Who threw the belt in a river?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
The Rock stole the Smoking Skull belt 16 years ago and it was great. Dean Ambrose stealing the IC title had a purpose behind it. He felt disrespected by his treatment; getting DQed constantly and being labeling as a Lunatic. The problem is WWE took something that worked ONCE, turned it into an awful comedy act, then transferred it to the main event as if anyone liked that shit in the first place.
They have the tendency to ALWAYS overdo things...

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
IT WORKED ONCE, WHY WOULDN'T IT WORK ANOTHER 37 TIMES?
remember when cryback had his shoot promo to try to get cm punk fans to stop boo'ing him? they had cesaro do a shoot promo later than same show.

they come up with one "new" idea, execute it badly, and then repeat it till we want to kill ourselves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.