Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Seth hasn't helped himself with real world interviews and tweets, but his booking this year has been absolutely atrocious, to the point where I almost wonder if it's a work. If you were trying to get the fans to genuinely hate someone who they previously liked, not just traditional heel heat where half the crowd think the heel is cool, would you do anything differently?
Eh, I think it's half and half.

Rollins is not someone they didn't want on top. He is just guy 1B, and as such is afforded "commodities" that Reigns isn't afforded, such as heel turns when he gets too stale.

That said, as guy 1B, is also granted embarassments that Reigns would never see, like cowering in fear and screaming like a babygirl in front of an opponent.

If WWE didn't have this weird obession with their top face being an uncharismatic, unlikeable, corny propaganda machine, I would think that they intentionally sabotaged Rollins. But as it is, even Reigns got bad scripts and horrible feuds; it's just that they don't want anybody to have too much momentum.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
Seth is far better at every aspect. Rollins is a better pro wrestler all around.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,601 Posts
I think Roman smokes Seth. I think it's obvious that the forced FOTC model that WWE put on both of them doesn't work but Roman's peak >>> Seth's peak, IMO. Roman is a much better wrestler in most facet - offence, selling, more interesting narrative, the weight he bring bring to the matches. Roman has his bad matches like the HHH match (Seth had a way worse match the next year btw) but he has way more great matches than bad. He has good Sheamus, AJ, Cesaro, Balor and Big Show matches, he even had my WWE MOTD at WM 31 against Brock Lesnar. Don't really care for either's promos. I don't really care for the modern form of promos, meaning monologues to the hard camera, so that's not entirely on them. Out of the two, I'd rather see Roman.

I don't want to smear Seth but he has far more frequent bad/poor matches, wrestles a style that doesn't appeal to me, and is way more flawed than Roman.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
As much as I’ve hated on him before, 100% Roman Reigns. His matches always have a big match feel to it especially when he has chemistry with certain wrestlers like Bryan, Styles and Wyatt. He also carries himself far better than Rollins and reacts to negativity well.

Rollins is a weak champion, Raw has always dropped in viewership when he is champion. Plain old boring. In no way should he ever be the focal point of the show especially when you got better talent in the roster.

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
I'll always choose Seth over Roman, i immediately became a fan of Seth the first time i saw him.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
explain why -
Seth is a literal spot monkey who has never cut a good promo in his life, and had spent the last four months getting booed constantly by the crowd while being face. He's not over as fuck by any stretch of the imagination. These are things I shouldn't need to explain.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,017 Posts
hes over as fuck on house shows -
Do you follow him at every stop on your Seth Rollins fanboy tour that you know this?

Not that I believe that there is some magical Seth Rollins fanbase that never attends tv/ppv events but loves him at house shows but even if there were, who gives a fuck about house shows.

That’s like saying well Johnny is a great quarterback in practice then goes out and throws 4 interceptions in the game.

·
I'm Just A Sick Guy.
1,884 Posts
Seth. In my opinion he's a better promo and he's better in the ring. I know how talented Seth is, it's just that for me his character's kinda ruined, the turn's for the best but I think at this point it's too early to tell if that has worked out.

It's like, I've always been a Moxley fan, even pre WWE; but I really hated a lot of the lunatic fringe stuff although I always knew how talented Moixley was. Now he's at AEW he's tearing it up, just like I knew he could. Seth's insanely talented, I just don't like the stuff he's doing at the moment. At any other promotion he'd be in the top mix and over as fuck, no question about that.

·
Premium Member
43,797 Posts
Both of them fell victim to WWE's inability in the modern age to book a top face.

But if I had to choose one I'd rather have on top, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but it'd be Roman Reigns.

He's just cooler. Seth as a face looks and sounds like a dweeb and the poor booking only accentuates that. Roman at least has the look and swagger of someone I can get behind...even if they book him poorly.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,585 Posts
Yea, the correct answer is still Seth Rollins :mj

Because Rollins isn't good at anything.
He’s (very) good in the ring, and he’s fairly charismatic.

·
From 199 to the greatest of all time.
3,651 Posts
They both bore me but, at gun point, I'd take Reigns without hesitation.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I mean I'd rather have someone else on top but I mean if these are the only two options I'd actually have to pick Reigns, I used to be a Rollins fan but I've soured on him for more than just the booking (which doesn't help him at all either).

Both can fall into the trap of being "spot monkeys", and I mean by the definition most people take it as Rollins fits the bill more because his moves are flashier but both of them just focus on their big spots and in ring psychology takes a back seat (although going to have to give that to Reigns, he may have the superhuman comebacks but at least he sells more), but my biggest issue these days is Rollins being a complete asshole, I mean I get this is wrestling and there have been plenty of bad apples over the years but even the assholes in the business at least still respected their friends and not just turned their back like Rollins has, social media he's just been a complete idiot on, on the other hand Reigns seems like a cool guy outside of the ring.

Promo wise neither man is great, but out of the two Reigns has at least improved his delivery over the years while it feels like Seth has just been spinning his wheels or even regressing since his WWE Championship reign.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,536 Posts
I love how Seth Rollins make many fanboys go ape of fury, with just some tweets...
Just because of that I choose him.

But I also don't dislike Roman, but the thing IMO is see him more as a leader of some faction, and I'm talking about some faction who admits any random asshole like NWO.:p

·
Registered
760 Posts
Rollins has been my favourite in WWE since probably The Shield split. The guy is talented, a good wrestler and he is just overall entertaining to watch whether he's a face or a heel. Reigns had a rough patch where he was just horrible to watch due to a combination of a superman push as well as being given horrible material to work with. But he's grown on me and is really fun to watch. I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'd be completely fine with Reigns taking the Universal Championship from The Fiend at WrestleMania.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts