Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,644 Posts
Rollins. At least they'r willing to turn him heel which they clearly won't do with Reigns. Raw has been better since Rollins turned (or started his turn, at least), too. It freshens up the entire main event scene, and now you have a new top face in KO. Rollins also puts others over, like Keith Lee and Bray. Bray will most likely be losing at WM to you know who. :)

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,077 Posts
I'm going to go with Roman Reigns tbh. Reigns was just annoying because of his booking, whereas Seth Rollins is just annoying in general.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
It’s Rollins, but almost by default. Reigns has never shown the ability to even be average in the mic, yet, we’ve really only ever seen him as a face when doing promos.

Rollins is pretty decent on the mic, especially so as a heel, and is the superior worker.

Neither fared well as the FOTC, as the booking completely failed them both. Force feeding Reigns, pushing him as an underdog despite him being larger than most of the roster, having him defeat Taker at WM, and so on.

They did more damage to Seth in a short period of time, then I think I’ve ever seen done.Having him be Becky’s “man”- what? Having a never ending feud with Corbin. 0 character development. His shortcomings on Twitter of course, and then the nail in the coffin was the entire Bray feud,

I honestly don’t think anyone could have overcome the booking those two have had,

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,017 Posts
They are both hot garbage as FOTC options, but as far as I know Roman never had to have his girlfriend fight his battles for him, so I’ll give him the slight edge.

Seth is a grade A toolbag.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I had to choose I would have to say Rollins only cause he actually has tried out different roles but Roman has had the same face role thing going on since the Shield split up and has had no kind of reinvention the only thing that has changed is he has been booked weaker since the return from illness , so by default I kinda go with Seth for those reasons

·
Premium Member
9,778 Posts
For FOTC? Neither. But between the two, Seth, just because of Reigns' cancer, if I don't take it into account, then Roman for FOTC.
I do find that Seth is all-around more talented than Roman, but Roman can handle the stress and criticism that comes with being FOTC better and doesn't let get too much into his head. He also seems more admired as locker room leader.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Seth, because he's a terrific worker and we've seen that he's good at playing a heel. Neither are likeable enough to be faces, although maybe that's just the way they're booked.

Seth hasn't helped himself with real world interviews and tweets, but his booking this year has been absolutely atrocious, to the point where I almost wonder if it's a work. If you were trying to get the fans to genuinely hate someone who they previously liked, not just traditional heel heat where half the crowd think the heel is cool, would you do anything differently?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Heel Roman would be fucking amazing and a megastar, Babyface Stoic grounded classy Roman is awesome. While babyface Rollins sucks and heel dick douchebag Rollins is adorable/fun. So according to that math, Heel Roman>Babyface Roman>Heel Seth>Babyface Seth.

They're both good in the ring and quite the same on the mic. But all in all, Roman has that look, size, intensity, gravitas, groundedness and charisma of a megastar/badass/champion. So it's Roman for me. Rollins is like the Edge to Roman Reigns' Taker/Batista.

EDIT: whoa Clintdagger, I just saw your post after finishing my post and saw you're the only one other than I who did a babyface and heel Reigns/Rollins comparison. And damn, it's an eerie coincidence, your hunch says Heel Roman would surpass all the others, and I read that just after having posted my own similar hunch/deduction.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts