Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that both guys have had lengthy ME runs, who do you prefer?? Me personally, I don’t think either of them are FOTC material and should never be the top stars consistently. However I do think both guys are perfect for the midcard (IC title) and upper midcard (occasional ME run when needed). If Roman had been booked as an upper midcard guy all along he never would have gotten so much hate, he just doesn’t have the personality to be FOTC and neither does Seth, Seth is definitely equipped to be a top tier heel though.

My pick is Seth Rollins, he’s better in the ring for sure and he is better at promos. I didn’t like his last Face run, again he was put in a spot he didn’t belong in for too long but I loved his heel run and still enjoy his matches.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,373 Posts
Yea, I prefer Seth Rollins.

He's the better all-around talent for me personally.

·
Registered
88 Posts
seth has everything needed to be the fotc in 2019 - its all the bookings fault - its bryan all over again - they will mess up with gargano - just you want -

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
oh please - its rollins by a mile - rollins is a better worker - better promo - better face - you name it - the only thing reigns has is better booking - give rollins the same booking as reigns - and wwe would be in great shape -
Which is what got Rollins booed in the first place. I would say his booking has been better than Roman. Need I remind you who [unfortunately] got the clean win over Lesnar.

seth has everything needed to be the fotc in 2019 - its all the bookings fault - its bryan all over again - they will mess up with gargano - just you want -
LMAO and Roman doesn't? Rollins is not Main Event material.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Let me see..its hard to choose between two bad choices.. I would rather turn off the tv ?

Seriously though, both have similar weakness..both do a bunch of random spots, work the same match more or less every week, dont really get the art of selling, cant really talk fake stuff convincingly, dont show any intensity in their promos to sell a feud. So how is one better than the other?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Which is what got Rollins booed in the first place. I would say his booking has been better than Roman. Need I remind you who [unfortunately] got the clean win over Lesnar.

LMAO and Roman doesn't? Rollins is not Main Event material.
rollins was booked to fail - bad promo material - and screaming in a segment - hes a better and more complete performers than austin rock - you name it - but talent can only take you so far if the company keep fucking with you

·
Asuka
96,217 Posts
They're both horrendous, but if Roman Reigns is a cauldron of scalding hot gorilla piss, then Seth Rollins is the same thing except the gorilla piss is actually room temperature. It's every bit as gross and disgusting and you shouldn't go near it, but if you do, it at least won't scar you for life.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I feel like Roman is the better, more rounded character for a WWE main eventer at this point. Rollins may have the edge on in ring ability, but Reigns for me, encapsulates the champion role better.

Rollins has been booked right out of being popular, along with his shitty personality traits becoming all too clear on social media. Reigns comes across as the more down to earth and media-firendly option.

On a side note, I am pretty happy with how Roman is received by most fans now. I guess it took a real life illness to stop the assholes in the WWE fan base to stop treating the guy like shit, in an attempt to get at the creative team. I never had an issue with Reigns himself. While I hated much of the booking he was subjected to, and most of the promos he was told to recite, for 3 years, I never failed to enjoy his matches.

Another month of mid card nonsense with Corbin, and I think the Universe will be ready for Reigns to step up to main event for the build up to Mania. I just hope he gets a high profile "dream" type match rather than a shot at The Fiend, because I can totally see WWE carrying on pretending that Wyatt is a heel, and trying to make everyone cheer Roman on as he becomes the first to pin The Fiend at Mania ... :(

Again, I'd hate the booking, but I have a feeling I'd enjoy the hell out of the match.

·
Registered
958 Posts
This is hard. I think both have great talent. If both were booked correctly then I can see both being superstars. However, character trumps workrate in my opinion. Seth is a great wrestler but his character is meh. Roman, while not the best wrestler in the world, has the character to transcend the business. Roman could be a mainstream star if booked correctly. If you look at Roman he looks like a bad ass wrestler while Seth looks like he might work at Starbucks. That and I think Roman is a better person in real life. Honestly writing this made me sad because I use to be a huge Seth fan but he's done a lot of things that can't be totally blamed on booking.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts