Wrestling Forum banner

So Randy Orton's Punt really got banned?

2025 11
That was stupid imo. The move was super over. But how come Del Rio is allowed to kick wrestlers heads off but Orton cant use the punt?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10,519 Posts
He used it at Extreme Rules 2013 to beat Big Show, so I assume it's not being used right now because there's no reason to use it.

Or it's still banned and Extreme Rules 2013 was an exception lol.

· Registered
4,367 Posts
In an interview Orton said it was legitimately banned because he has actually smacked some guys pretty hard with it (claims to have given a Vince a concussion). I don't see why they need to ban it though because he only hit it once every few months anyway. I guess Big Show was an exception at ER.

· Registered
3,581 Posts
Orton himself said it was banned, they allowed him to use it at Extreme Rules because he was in his hometown. It's a shame though, the punt was a big part of his character, now he's like...a viper without teeth.

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Watch the clip of him punting Vince, and you'll understand why they'd discourage the move. Even the "protected" version of that move could cripple a man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.