Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the obvious complaints I think that this has been a great year for tna.
Here's a list of great things that has happened this year:

• Return of the X division
• The BFG series
• Joker Sting (my opinion)
• The return of Daniels
• iMPACT! on the road
• Some consistant storylines
• Tna changes name to Impact wrestling ( all complaints aside )
• Roode winning the BFG series

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
easily, remember that push Abyss got? It was shit. Sure there's been a lot of shit happen this year, but the last few months they have been getting back on track, especially with the elevation of Roode and Storm.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
- The rebuilding of the X-divison has been a flop.
- Didn't like the BFG series.
- Don't like Joker Sting.
- Daniels isn't doing much these days.
- Never had problem with the name.
- I don't like Roode.

But hey, this is all just my opinion.
2010 was still sh*t but atleast we had a better X-division.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
- The rebuilding of the X-divison has been a flop.
- Didn't like the BFG series.
- Don't like Joker Sting.
- Daniels isn't doing much these days.
- Never had problem with the name.
- I don't like Roode.

But hey, this is all just my opinion.
2010 was still sh*t but atleast we had a better X-division.
What do you mean better X-division? It was pretty much non existent at the time.

btw, your opinion sucks. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts

• The BFG series
• The return of Daniels
• iMPACT! on the road
Has 2011 been better than 2010? yes but that's not exactly saying much since 2010 sucked donkey nuts.

Let's review:

X Division: Is back to being an after thought plus they instituted a weight limit killing years of branding with the it's not about weight limits it's about no limits slogan.

The BFG series: IT SUCKED.

Joker Sting: He sucks.

The Return of Daniels: Has been hot and cold but it's been picking up some steam recently.

Impact On The Road: Major Positive one of a few.

Some consistent storylines: Like drugged up Angelina Love or Anderson's in immortal out of immortal within 12 days or that Scott Steiner was brought in to battle Immortal and now he's a member or Angle now aligned with Hogan because Hogan told Angle the truth about Karen and Jeff while Dixie lied which is a nice trick since Hogan wasn't even in the fuucking company at the time that happened. Consistent, I don't think so.

Impact Wrestling name change: It would be positive if it wasn't so confusing.

Roode winning BFG: I'll go with that.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
yes

·
Registered
381 Posts

• The BFG series
• The return of Daniels
• iMPACT! on the road

* The major development for the X Division is the elevation of stars like A Double and Brian Kendrick. As much as I don't like Kendrick, at least there is something for him to do. The weight limit being instituted is a good thing because it now stops the company from making stupid mistakes (like putting the belt on Abyss).

* I liked the BFG series concept for the most part, it made live shows have a little more meaning and showed fans that "winning matters". I do think that the series was a little too long. They could have easily completed the series in 1 month. My only other thought is that the BFG series could have had several different concept matches as well.

*I like Sting's gimmick very much. He is entertaining to watch.

*Daniels coming back and working against AJ Styles now is definitely a good thing. I wish we would have seen more of Fourtune this year with him in it.

*I don't agree with the consistancy of storylines, but I will agree that there has been and overall since of direction for where the company is going. The long term planning is consistant, but the week to week planning can still be rocky at times.

*Impact Wrestling brand change was good in theory, but not executed as well as it should have been. I think the company dropped the ball on that.

*Roode winning the BFG Series is definitely a plus.

Here are a couple of other things I think TNA has done well:

* Promoting the homegrown talent through PPVs like Destination X and the Bound For Glory Series. We've seen a lot of AJ/Daniels, Beer Money, Crimson, Joe, and A Double over the last several months.

* Having the realistic storyline for Jeff Hardy. I am glad that TNA didn't take the 90 Day voilation approach where Hardy just hides and then comes back as if nothing happened. Hardy screwed up and TNA is making everyone know that he did and he wants another shot. I respect that.

·
Banned
736 Posts
The first five months of 2010 were amazing but since then it's been a little less so. TNA right now is compelling to watch but still has room for improvement. Bischoff as a producer and Russo as a writer is a dream team but I feel they need to make a few roster cuts before they really get to where they should be.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
2011 was alright, much better than 2010.

·
Registered
333 Posts
WAY better than 2010.

Did someone actually say that the x-division was better in 2010 fpalm
Well.. I think the best storyline the X-Divison has seen in the last 2 years was Douglas Williams being the champion and trying to rid the X-Division of "spot monkeys," but overall I do think 2011 has been better for the X-Divison...

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
lol

VR2011
Anderson farting on a microphone
Joker Sting
random heel turns
Immortal being a jobber stable
death of the tag division
Abyss as X-Division Champion
AJ Styles becoming irrelevant despite vast improvement
the push of the presenceless Chimpson

lol yeah. TNA TNA TNA 2011 wuz so awsum

the MCMG/Beer Money series from last year alone was superior to TNA 2011.

·
Registered
333 Posts
This. Technically it's probably better, but who can honestly even care about TNA anymore.
I can say I care about TNA still... I want some form of wrestling to still entertain me.. Sure it has its cons... but its the best easily accesible wrestling show out there...

ROH: not enough story (in my opinion of course) I dont watch wrestling solely for the in ring performance... I know it is scripted, so the fighting alone doesnt do it for me.

WWE: Yea... call TNA nonsensical... say it insults your intelligence... but did R-Truth seriously get blown up by Macgruber? Really... just really?

:confused:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
In 2010 we had a roster of...

Red
Daniels
Kazarian
Gen ME
MCMGs
Williams
Homicide
Lethal
Kendrick
Robbie

Now we have...

Aries
Shelley
Kendrick
Nese
Sorensen
Kash
Robbie
Haskins

What an improvement :rolleyes:

We also got a great series of matches between MCMGs/BMI & GenME/MCMGs, so the tag division was better than to.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
In 2010 we had a roster of...

Red
Daniels
Kazarian
Gen ME
MCMGs
Williams
Homicide
Lethal
Kendrick
Robbie

Now we have...

Aries
Shelley
Kendrick
Nese
Sorensen
Kash
Robbie

What an improvement :rolleyes:

We also got a great series of matches between MCMGs/BMI & GenME/MCMGs, so the tag division was better than to.
Nice try your forgetting, Chris Sabin (even thought he's injured), Zema Ion, Shannon Moore and Mark Haskins

1 - 20 of 38 Posts