Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And what I mean by that is people that very rarely lose cleanly in the vein of Cena \ HHH \ Taker \ Batista.

At the moment none of the active top talent on either Raw OR Smackdown with the exception of perhaps Orton have that kind of dominance at the moment. Everyone can pretty much beat anyone on their day at the moment so I'm curious as to who you guys have as the next dominant main eventers to be built up.

Personally I though Sheamus had the look until he got beat cleanly by JoMo. However in the near future I can see him cementing his place as a main eventer by beating HHH clean at WM27.

Apart from Sheamus though I just can't look at any of the other upcoming stars and see they will ever be dominant in the same way HHH, Undertaker or Cena ever were.

Personally out of the new upcoming stars like Miz \ Wade \ Punk \ DB and Swagger I just can't see any of them being pushed as dominant competitors who hardly lose cleanly.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Well it depends, right now Sheamus and Barrett can't be the 'dominant' main eventers you speak of because they are heels. Heels generally lose to faces cleanly most of the time so they can't do that. Sheamus and Barrett will both be legitimate main eventers for year to come though.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
With the move towards smaller guys I think we'll see less guys who dominate the main-event, but Del Rio and Sheamus are definitely contenders. Punk could also be built up as an absolute beast, but I doubt WWE will do it, unfortunately. I suppose McIntyre has the size to dominate as well, but at the moment he's a bit of a jobber.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Ezekiel Jackson has the look of dominant main eventer. Daniel Bryan can also be booked as such since nobody could break out from LeBell Lock.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
I think WWE are heading more towards the path of 'anyone can beat anyone on any given day' which I think is great. It's more exciting and less predictable and more 'realistic'. Like how Brock lost against Cain. No one expected it and it created a buzz.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think WWE are heading more towards the path of 'anyone can beat anyone on any given day' which I think is great. It's more exciting and less predictable and more 'realistic'. Like how Brock lost against Cain. No one expected it and it created a buzz.
Yeah but story line wise I think the product is going to suffer.

At the moment if someone beats HHH \ Cena cleanly it's considered a big thing. If everyone can beat everyone then how do you get new people over?

Let's not forget Taker. Pretty much half his character these days is dedicated to his streak at WM.

I do think it's important to have dominant people who rarely lose. It makes people beating them more special and pushes them harder than if they'd just beaten generic Champ #3 and the title had changed for the sixth time this year.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
In terms of who is going to be the "dominant guys"/"guys the IWC love but eventually get bored of" of the next decade, Barrett is an obvious one, all the little kids watching now are always going to remember the things he's done, they're gonna grow up watching him. Sheamus is a no-brainer. As much as I love the guy, I can't see Miz as a dominant guy. Danielson has the potential, it just depends how well he does in his first year to me, if he's allowed to be American Dragon then he's going to be big, but I think he needs to move to Smackdown after his reign as US champ, it's the same deal as Benoit, his talent and ability is clear for anyone who has a brain/isn't a troll and he's already being booked in a similar way of thinking ("anyone can beat anyone on any given day"), he can and will win based on his skill alone.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
its kinda tough to tell who will be main eventers because the wwe has been known to give guys what looked like a main event push and then completely disgard them. see kennedy for example. plus with the creative change, i have to wait to get a feel of what direction they are going to go and who are the superstars that they will focus more on. but i think that most people have it right. they are moving toward a anyone can defeat anyone persona. with all the gimmick matches and things like that these days, its not all that hard to fathom that a smaller guy could beat a larger guy. i dont know about Mania Main Eventers, but i see sheamus, barrett, zeke, bryan, morrison, kingston, del rio, rhodes, ziggler and swagger as the future main eventers of the wwe.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Otunga !
Now serious. Wade Barret , Sheamus even Punk and DB. The last two aren't the biggest guy's but hey they do have their moves and they work stiff. So yeah i could see them all in the ME.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hard to define 'new' talent, I'm gonna' go with Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Kaval, Alberto Del Rio, not much more than that if I'm forgetting any. Maybe JoMo and the Miz

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Yeah but story line wise I think the product is going to suffer.

At the moment if someone beats HHH \ Cena cleanly it's considered a big thing. If everyone can beat everyone then how do you get new people over?

Let's not forget Taker. Pretty much half his character these days is dedicated to his streak at WM.

I do think it's important to have dominant people who rarely lose. It makes people beating them more special and pushes them harder than if they'd just beaten generic Champ #3 and the title had changed for the sixth time this year.
Yeah I definitely see your point but I mean more like Sunderland getting a win over Chelsea. It'd still be a big deal but it'd be likely to happen more often.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
I see big Zeke actually managing to get into the main event scene. Sheamus, Barrett, Miz, Bryan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts