Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lashley was losing to ricochet on raw a bunch of times a couple months back and lost cleanly to Aleister Black at WM but he beats r truth and humberto carrillo and we are now suppose to see him as a legit title challenger

this is the problem with wwe's booking then can job a guy out for months and then at a drop of a hat they expect us to act like it never happened and now someone is now legit because wwe said so lol

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I don’t get what the issue is. As Sheik says it doesn’t take much, and MVP is making it shape up perfectly. And it offers them up Lashley as well as Jinder who they are obviously going to at some point. Sure it’s not going to be bonafide classics, but making use of what they have whilst the crowds are gone and the rosters depleted.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Some wrestlers are easy to build back up. Kane, Big Show, Lashley.. Big muscular guys, and with MVP as the mouthpiece.. If they continue this way, then in the autumn I wouldn´t find it unbelievable if he could beat anyone on the roster, including Lesnar.. But knowing WWE, they´ll derail everything too soon. If they were serious about Lashley, him and Drew shouldn´t be in a match until Summerslam or Survivor series.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Lashley is easy to build up though. He looks like a star and looks like he can whoop anyone's ass in WWE.. It's not like they need to do much work to build him up.
The problem is that unless you're a fan who just started watching WWE a couple of months ago, Lashley isn't going to be viewed as a credible threat after losing so many matches no matter how he looks. Lashley should have been pushed like he is being pushed now when he re-entered the company a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
You watched Jinder be a punching bag for his career then get the title in 2 weeks. Lashley becoming a threat shouldn't be an issue. Shit, Drew was basically Romans personal bitch for a minute, beat up some jobbers, then threw out Brock and now look at him

·
The Babyface of WF
11,706 Posts
Lashley is lost right now down his career path, Makes sense MVP is trying to remind him of who he is and where he should be which means he's not really just jumping into a high profile program with the WWE Champion as much as you think, He should be beating guys like Black, Rey etc to establish him as a credible threat but I don't really mind I'd rather him than Jinder.

If he just randomly attacked Drew out of nowhere then I'd also be questioning the logic of this sudden move from somebody stuck in Midcard hell for so long.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Yeah he hasn't exactly been built up great but he's been on a decent winning streak (against R Truth mostly I know) and having MVP as a mouthpiece can easily make him look like a big deal. Will it flop? Very well could, I'm hopeful of this rumoured MVP stable though.

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
In the cartoon world of US tv wrestling wins and losses haven't mattered in 30+ years..

He didn't lose clean to Black, he dominated that match only that Lana distracted him with her demands

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
They should have pushed him when they brought him back in the first place! Preferably into a Lesnar feud. The damage they did with the Lana angle, Leo Rush (Which worked out very short term great for Rush might I add) etc has killed him.
Nah it hasn't killed him. If the shit with Zayn didn't kill him then the Lana story where he basically dominated a dude the entire time with his wife ain't killing his career either. lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
One thing I know for sure is that there is no logic in WWE booking wins or losses. And that’s fine, as long as you build the right story around it. Now the story is that MVP sparks a fire in Lashley and unleashes his inner beast so he won’t get fed to the jobbers anymore. Makes sense to me.

·
Angry at refs
3,007 Posts
All they need to do is push Lashley with MVP for a good month or two before facing Drew. That would make him credible to some sense.

One thing I know for sure is that there is no logic in WWE booking wins or losses. And that’s fine, as long as you build the right story around it. Now the story is that MVP sparks a fire in Lashley and unleashes his inner beast so he won’t get fed to the jobbers anymore. Makes sense to me.
That's fine and it works. However, they need to at least feed him an upper-carder or two prior to a title match if they want it to make kayfabe sense.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts