Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not another "let's trash Cena" thread, cause imo he's arguably a top 5 all time great when it comes to WWE, but the guy is nowhere near being the GOAT. It reminds me of how in 2003-2004 they started calling Austin the GOAT out of the blue.

So get ready for an hour long Cena documentary with Prichard and Laurinaitis pushing the false narrative down our throats.

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Now? Now? Where you been the last 15 years? Did you watch WWE at all?

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
They've been doing that for a long time now, where have you been?

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is not another "let's trash Cena" thread, cause imo he's arguably a top 5 all time great when it comes to WWE, but the guy is nowhere near being the GOAT. It reminds me of how in 2003-2004 they started calling Austin the GOAT out of the blue.

So get ready for an hour long Cena documentary with Prichard and Laurinaitis pushing the false narrative down our throats.

This isn't even the first time they called him the GOAT

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

WWE has been calling Cena the greatest since he tied Flair’s record and probably a little before that. But WWE does this all the time. Vince / WWE has called Hogan, Rock, Austin, Flair, HBK, Bret Hart GOAT before. Some more than others but yeah. Roman will be called GOAT too if he isn’t already.

When Rock gets out into the HOF the WWE will probably be referred to as the greatest wwe star ever etc - same with HHH (probably next year for HHH).

it gets thrown around a lot and depending on what the wrestler’s relationship with the company is (example- on a greatest WWE superstar DVD from the 2010s I think they put Hogan at 23rd. Lol y’all know even if you hate Hogan’s guts that’s a BS ranking).

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
A couple of things.

-WWE using the word GOAT to promote anything is not anything new, they will do the same with Reigns and with the guy that comes after. It's just WWE promoting, they don't take it that seriously, they will call Austin the GOAT tomorrow and forget about this.

1-Cena has legit case for the GOAT if you count kayfabe acomplishments and longetivity on top.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now? Now? Where you been the last 15 years? Did you watch WWE at all?
They've been doing that for a long time now, where have you been?
Bro they been saying this the last 10 years. Fuck you been at?

Umm....I don't remember Vince ever saying "Hey Cena is the greatest of all time" straight up.

Sure, they've pushed him to the moon for almost a decade, but that's mainly because he was their cash cow.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts