Wrestling Forum banner

Why didn't Strowman debut?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
To be honest, there was plenty going on and plenty to talk about un the show. A Scherr debut would have been wasted, with it either being lost in the pack or detracting from the attention the title changes should get.

A debut on first post BFG show would be a good call, give one of the new champs a challenge.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Just because he did not show up at BFG does not mean he's not showing up. The IIconics were teased for Slammiversary and debut at BFG. Give it time and let it all play out. If he did not sign, at least they made an attempt to get him.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
From Fightful select:

“Fightful has heard of several attempt to bring in new talent to IMPACT Wrestling that fell through.

All throughout Bound For Glory week, even talent believed that Braun Strowman was coming in to the company. We can confirm that the two sides had talks, but obviously Strowman wasn't at Bound For Glory, and we're told that a deal has not been made.

Bray Wyatt was also contacted about possibly coming in, although he would not have been able until after Bound For Glory as his non-compete wasn't up. We're told that a deal to bring in Bray Wyatt to IMPACT Wrestling was never close to happening.

One name that IMPACT was going to be able to bring in is the former Bronson Reed. In fact, Fightful was told by IMPACT sources that he was actually booked, then unbooked from the show, though reasons weren't given as to why that happened.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
From Fightful select:

“Fightful has heard of several attempt to bring in new talent to IMPACT Wrestling that fell through.

All throughout Bound For Glory week, even talent believed that Braun Strowman was coming in to the company. We can confirm that the two sides had talks, but obviously Strowman wasn't at Bound For Glory, and we're told that a deal has not been made.

Bray Wyatt was also contacted about possibly coming in, although he would not have been able until after Bound For Glory as his non-compete wasn't up. We're told that a deal to bring in Bray Wyatt to IMPACT Wrestling was never close to happening.

One name that IMPACT was going to be able to bring in is the former Bronson Reed. In fact, Fightful was told by IMPACT sources that he was actually booked, then unbooked from the show, though reasons weren't given as to why that happened.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is so weird for a company to wait at the last minute to hire talent. If you do this then the talent might use your desperation as laverage and you more than not end up with your dick in your hands. If Impact wants people for their biggest events, better make sure to have contracts in hand long before said show happens.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is a key point for me, I'm not sure which, if any of the men's matches would have been improved by Strowman or Wyatt appearing. I like the idea of Reed joining but give him a proper build similar to the one they gave The IInspiration.

·
Registered
870 Posts
while I think or Braun or Bray would be nice additions. At the same time I'm trying to figure out how many people they could sign or resign for the same price. I think Josh's contract is coming up soon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
while I think or Braun or Bray would be nice additions. At the same time I'm trying to figure out how many people they could sign or resign for the same price. I think Josh's contract is coming up soon.
Whatever you were going to pay for either "big name" I would use to resign the future. Give Josh some bank.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'd be gutted for them if they lost Josh Alexander. After BFG he looks like the first real good baby face potential main eventer they've had in ages.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts