Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They are going to do a podcast...

From PWInsider:

WWE applied to trademark 'The New Day: Feel The Power' on 11/5.

The trademark filing noted it is for good and services, specicially "Entertainment services, namely, providing podcasts in the field of sports, entertainment and general human interest and entertainment."

I take offense at the idea this will provide "general human interest and entertainment."

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't find big E or woods entertaining you're clearly lacking an understanding of the word. The gimmick may be stale but those two are very charismatic
I like Big E a lot and he deserves a lot better than this. I do not want to see him gyrating and throwing pancakes. I want him to be pushed as a monster.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
If you don't find big E or woods entertaining you're clearly lacking an understanding of the word. The gimmick may be stale but those two are very charismatic
Big deserves better than being in this group anymore dude could be a monster heel but because they sell merch he's stuck tossing pancakes looking like a joke

·
Registered
443 Posts
Big deserves better than being in this group anymore dude could be a monster heel but because they sell merch he's stuck tossing pancakes looking like a joke
I was 100% on board with Kofi winning the title because I was convinced this is what it was leading to.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,239 Posts
You say Big E is stuck but all three men have openly stated they do NOT want to break up. They are having too much fun and making a ton of money together.

The New Day will likely retire together.

I will take a Big E singles title run, though.

·
Waiting for Kawato
783 Posts
I mean to me they're amusing, they have good matches on a semi-regular basis in the tag division, and what is certainly beyond doubt is that they're a genuinely popular act. Why people are obsessed with breaking them up I have no idea. Like what is going to come of any of them if they get broken up? We don't need any more bodies running around after the 24/7 title.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Something needs to happen just to freshen them up. A heel turn, interesting feud, break up....something is needed

·
Southern Pride
2,956 Posts
If they broke up then all 3 of them would be pushed even less. Guaranteed. Part of how they got together as a group in the first place was that they weren't being used as high as they have been as a group.

"Big E deserves better"...Better than what? He and the other two are the most recognized successful tag team today (besides the Usos). Big E has been in a better spot than the majority of the roster for years. Cereal, Pancakes, merch., etc. He doesn't have to be a threat for the WWE or Universal Championship to be successful and part of why they are still together is that they don't want to be split up. They know that once they are then they will go to being not any different than the rest of the roster. I can imagine Woods now chasing R-Truth around for that 24/7 Championship.

·
Angry at refs
2,837 Posts
There's a huge difference between having charisma and being entertaining. They have charisma, but what they do is terrible 'entertainment'.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Breaking up one of the most bankable acts of the company is a terrible business move, there's a reason WWE it's an international multimillion dollar company and that's because Vince and Co. squeeze every last dollar of what's profitable.

The New Day, alongside The SHIELD, it's the most successful thing that the company has created in the last 5 years.

Kofi Kingston comes from being WWE champion for 6 months, if anything the New Day is more important for the division than ever crediblity wise, working with them will elevate the upcoming tag teams of the brand way more than working with Dummy 1 and Dummy 2 (The Revival).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts