Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear most of the people here talking about Mojo as WWE's secret weapon.

I can sense it too because since Zack Ryder injury and they are building him as the next big thing in a minor way.

I remember when he won a jobber match for a spot in the Royal Rumble match they treated him as he can win the whole thing on Talking Smack.

I know Andre The Giant battle royal is not the same like it was 2 years ago but winning it has to do something with it.

What do you think about it and are they really building him for big things in the future ?

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Re: So, Mojo is their secret weapon ?

I don't see why everyone here hates the fella'. He has a decent look, and he's good on the mic. I can't rate his in-ring work, as he hasn't done much yet (I don't watch Nxt, so I don't know if he's wrestled a lot there).

At the very least, they ought to use him more prominently to legitimatize the Andre the Giant Battle Royale.

There are some heels available -- returning Rusev, a main-event Jinder, a post-Nakamura Ziggler. Maybe KO can work him Mojo down the road too.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts

If they had real plans for him he would be getting experience with the top guys like strowman and Corbin have been for a year. He signed way back in 2012 so its not like he is an ultra rookie

I think they like the fact he is friend with gronk but don't trust him past that. I mean the dude is insane in person so I can imagine him rubbing alot of people the wrong way

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If they had real plans for him he would be getting experience with the top guys like strowman and Corbin have been for a year. He signed way back in 2012 so its not like he is an ultra rookie

I think they like the fact he is friend with gronk but don't trust him past that. I mean the dude is insane in person so I can imagine him rubbing alot of people the wrong way
That is why I said they are building him in very slow way they don't want people to realize it so quick.

If you saw his segments and how the commentating and talking smack treat him you will know that they are treating him that he is capable of great things.

·
Premium Member
18,231 Posts
I mean he sucks but at least in a midcard role he's pretty inoffensive. I really hope they don't decide to push him into the ME picture.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I hear most of the people here talking about Mojo as WWE's secret weapon.

I can sense it too because since Zack Ryder injury and they are building him as the next big thing in a minor way.

I remember when he won a jobber match for a spot in the Royal Rumble match they treated him as he can win the whole thing on Talking Smack.

I know Andre The Giant battle royal is not the same like it was 2 years ago but winning it has to do something with it.

What do you think about it and are they really building him for big things in the future ?
I see a lot of potential in him. He's big, strong, athletic, and has charisma. He's still a little raw in his wrestling and promos, but that will change with experience. He's still pretty new with this 'hype' gimmick, in the future as he changes his gimmick around and gets better on the mic he might actually be a star.

Before you say he'll never amount to anything, please take a look at the long term. And remember, The Rock looked like this when he first came in. If someone told you that a few years later, he would be on his way to becoming one of the greats, you'd laugh your ass off.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,397 Posts
Yall aint hype. :Cocky

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
He is WWE's secret weapon on human intelligence :ha

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
:deanfpalm

Also Rock was once in a lifetime in a different time, can't be using that as an example

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
He does have size and seems like a good athlete. I could see them trying to make him a thing. The problem for me is that I find him obnoxious as fuck.

·
Banned
777 Posts
I see a lot of potential in him. He's big, strong, athletic, and has charisma. He's still a little raw in his wrestling and promos, but that will change with experience. He's still pretty new with this 'hype' gimmick, in the future as he changes his gimmick around and gets better on the mic he might actually be a star.

Before you say he'll never amount to anything, please take a look at the long term. And remember, The Rock looked like this when he first came in. If someone told you that a few years later, he would be on his way to becoming one of the greats, you'd laugh your ass off.
Mojo Rawley's name doesn't even belong in the same paragraph as The Rock's name.
There's no comparison. Rawley doesn't have near the charisma or good looks (no ****) that the Rock did.
The Rock's bread and butter were his great mic skills. Mojo's mic skills are sorely lacking from what I've heard of him and his in-ring ability is average.
He will likely settle in as a mid-carder on Smackdown.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Mojo Rawley getting a push to the main event would be the equivalent of strapping a rocket to Disco Inferno's ass in 1998.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
Mojo is a great athlete, charismatic and good on the mic, his gimmick is obnoxious but gimmicks can be changed. I haven't seen much from him in-ring due to his so far limited role as a hot tag guy but he has potential and people are burying him too early because he rubs them the wrong way in that frat-douche sort of fashion.

To people saying you can't compare him to the Rock, the point isn't to make a direct comparison, it's to get you to look beyond a shitty gimmick to realize people can make a massive, unpredictable refinements; perhaps Wyatt is a more germane example since it doesn't cause people to lose the plot.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts