Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this make any sense? Wasnt it just a couple months ago when Matt Morgan was kicking people in the heads bound to the ring post? Seriously the heel/face turns in the this company are getting ridiculous. I mean if your gonna turn someone atleast make it LOGICAL.

·
Premium Member
13,810 Posts
If you listened to what he said, he said that he did put Hernandez on the shelf for a concussion but Hernandez didn't actually have to wrestle with a concussion. Bischoff was making Anderson wrestle with a concussion and this is what Morgan was annoyed about.

it's stupid, but w/e there's never any logic in wrestling when it comes to these things.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
How does this make any sense? Wasnt it just a couple months ago when Matt Morgan was kicking people in the heads bound to the ring post? Seriously the heel/face turns in the this company are getting ridiculous. I mean if your gonna turn someone atleast make it LOGICAL.
Oh come on, as Optikk says, they anticipated that people would pick up on the inconsistency and made sure to give Morgan a line that would cover for it. Do you really expect TNA to do that and make sense? What program have you been watching?

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you listened to what he said, he said that he did put Hernandez on the shelf for a concussion but Hernandez didn't actually have to wrestle with a concussion. Bischoff was making Anderson wrestle with a concussion and this is what Morgan was annoyed about.

it's stupid, but w/e there's never any logic in wrestling when it comes to these things.
Lol :rolleyes:. I find it hard to believe Morgan would care about a random guy wrestling with a concussion but not at all care about giving a guy a blow to the head that could instantly end his career which is 10 times worse.

I don't know I mean if the WWE did this with Randy Orton the IWC would be all over this. But hey with TNA nothing has to make sense so its all good.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

That logic is thrown out the window when you consider Eric Young suffered a concussion and wrestled with one and has suffered from it ever since.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
As far as Morgan goes, he even called himself a hypocrite. What else do you want from that guy? I guess you can always say he learned about these concussions after his feud with Hernandez.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I liked the angle, my only issue is i just dont think Morgan can be a good face. I thought it was kinda cool to have a storyline like this since it really is such a hot topic here now. I think its one that people in the U.S. would probably appreciate and "get" more cause of the NFL the past couple weeks.

It looks like theyre going to bring Fortune back down to 4 and add a few members to Immortal, its something they have to do as they need Immortal to look like the stronger force. As it stood, Fortune couldve basically whooped Immortal's ass if they wanted to do...cant really have it like that.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Morgan being concerned about concussions is fine. TNA could have stretched this out further then just 2 hours. Its times like this that if TNA had a good credible contender (Morgan) then this angle would have been bigger.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Since there were more heels than faces, they needed to transfer one of the heels to a face and Morgan was picked. It doesn't make any sense at all but at least my man Morgan might get a good push out of this. Probably more likely to win the world title in the future too. It's one of the logical flaws I'm willing to look past. It actually makes more sense than most of what TNA does anyway.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Morgan being concerned about concussions is fine. TNA could have stretched this out further then just 2 hours. Its times like this that if TNA had a good credible contender (Morgan) then this angle would have been bigger.
I can agree with that. I also think they couldve drawn out the drama aspect between Morgan and Fortune till at least the opening segment of next Impact. Fortune instantly attacking Morgan without thought i found a little sketchy. I mean, its not like Morgan was assaulting another member of Fortune. They shouldve had Morgan confront Jarrett, say he's going to kick his ass, and then have Fortune run out to break it up to end the show. Then next week you open with Fortune and Bischoff telling Flair he needs to prove his loyalty to the cause...and then they beat Morgan down and hang him.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
I can agree with that. I also think they couldve drawn out the drama aspect between Morgan and Fortune till at least the opening segment of next Impact. Fortune instantly attacking Morgan without thought i found a little sketchy. I mean, its not like Morgan was assaulting another member of Fortune. They shouldve had Morgan confront Jarrett, say he's going to kick his ass, and then have Fortune run out to break it up to end the show. Then next week you open with Fortune and Bischoff telling Flair he needs to prove his loyalty to the cause...and then they beat Morgan down and hang him.
I was thinking the same thing when the attack seem unprovoked. But then again.....

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
bad writing, bad delivery, bad pre-planning, just a bad needless decision as a whole

But hey with TNA nothing has to make sense so its all good.
is that what you said regarding the Lost Finale

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
This is Wrestling, not science.

Give it a rest.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Injure a wrestler ? a ok

Have the same injured wrestler compete ? not ok

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Well, this Angle has a sportslike feel to it. In combat sports, you fight to hurt your opponent but don't fight against already injured opponents. You won't see a Valesques vs Lesnar rematch (even if it isn't next in line but let's assume it was) before Lesnar is healed up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts