Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Out all the things that have come from Jinder winning the belt, this has to be the most asinine one. Let me just say I am opened to something new or unexpected happening in WWE, but it actually has to be something good and not a cheap marketing tool that for whatever reason people are getting on board on with . Okay Jinder is playing a character that is just a rehash of the same tired foreign heel gimmick, how is that at all new or interesting because a certain Italian playing a Arab did the same thing Jinder is doing over a decade ago? Yeah it's unexpected that he got a sudden push, but so did Finn Balor and people hated on that. At the end of the day if legitimately like Jinder for whatever reason, that's fine but there are legitimate reasons why you do not have to like it.

·
Reap The Rewards
952 Posts
What other heel does Smackdown have that is close to resembling that heat? Owens is probably the next closest but even if he wasn't US champ I still think Mahal would have it over him.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
It's our fault for not being enough specific, I guess. Not that I see it that way, it's just the moronic logic some people like to use; perhaps we should have said we wanted people pushed on top because of talent and not marketability, which is why, despite having never touched a main event spot, Jinder isn't new. He is pushed using the same logic Roman and Balor are pushed.

Or, as I think it's far more wiser, you should just say "I want someone that I like, new or old".

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
I don't think anyone should be called a hypocrite for taking the most basic requirement for a new champion for granted, namely that he shouldn't suck.

But many of those calling others hypocrites because of Jinder, also call people hypocrites for disliking Roman Reigns, so I shouldn't be surprised.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What other heel does Smackdown have that is close to resembling that heat? Owens is probably the next closest but even if he wasn't US champ I still think Mahal would have it over him.
Just because he has heat, coming from a cheap source thanks playing the easiest heel gimmick one can have , does not make him any good. Besides some of that heat is towards his push not the gimmick.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
not surprised its you whose made this thread op

anyway on topic i just think people should see what happens first then judge it accordingly. saying you wont like something when its barely started is a self fulfilling prophecy imo

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not surprised its you whose made this thread op

anyway on topic i just think people should see what happens first then judge it accordingly. saying you wont like something when its barely started is a self fulfilling prophecy imo
I am seeing what is happening and frankly I am not impressed at all. Jinder is still very rough in ring and he's not really anything I haven't already seen in the over decade of watching wrestling in general. Had WWE taken the time to give him some breathing room before giving him the title maybe I would been more open to him winning since I am a fan of build up. Personally I hope I am proven wrong, but last week's generic heel celebration was kind of boring.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I am seeing what is happening and frankly I am not impressed at all. Jinder is still very rough in ring and he's not really anything I haven't already seen in the over decade of watching wrestling in general. Had WWE taken the time to give him some breathing room before giving him the title maybe I would been more open to him winning since I am a fan of build up. Personally I hope I am proven wrong, but last week's generic heel celebration was kind of boring.
i understand that completely but im a fan of the spontaneous element to it and think its the most interesting smackdown has been since bray won the strap

either way i think its more about making the next champion than jinder anyway, a face will win it off him and get a huge pop. i just hope it isn't cena

·
Getting molested by Bill DeMott
2,629 Posts
I'm glad Jinder won the title because it shone a huge spotlight on HHH's relationship with local Florida based steroid distributor, Chris Cavallini, and his 'nutrition' company. A company HHH has seemingly encouraged young impressionable performance center talents to work alongside.

Within 3 years HHH will be in the same position Vince Jr. was in the 90s with the steroid trial.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Don't try to talk sense with the Jinder fans, they didn't learn this word yet.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Honestly, I feel that anybody that feels strongly about Jinder either way is just.....lol.

He's some nothing jobber that got the WWE Championship given to him. It's fucking hilarious :lol

·
Registered
24,750 Posts
It's not literally hypocritical. It just comes off as not knowing what you want because you asked for new, you asked for unpredictable and this was someone new and unpredictable. If you just want your approved darlings to get more time and a bigger push then ask for that. But don't be coy and cute with just do new shit then declare everything to be the worse when that happens

Just don't be a "omg I just want want WWE to try new things, not be formulaic, and unpredictable" then when they do that complain it was too new and too unpredictable and how it wasn't the right type of guy. Because it really just comes off like you're okay with WWE being predictable and shit as long as you're guy is considered Vince's new favorite toy

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts