Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Saying "you wanted change" isn't a valid defense. Ok. What if Erick Rowan won? What if Fabian Aichner won? Would you still be criticizing people who complain? Yeah I want someone new to get the spotlight. So try Big E? Kevin Owens? Braun Strowman? Bobby Lashley? Keith Lee?

Someone who isn't just a fucking generic ass big boy in black trunks who completely fails at getting over for the past entirety of his career.

McIntyre is boooooooooring. So if you're wondering why people are complaining - that's why.

No fucking joke I'd rather Reigns and Brock main event again than Brock vs McIntyre
You Sir are part of the reason why the WWE is stagnant and has not built ANY extreme tier guys since John Cena (and no house hold name since). We all saw how this went for WM32, 33 and 34, with 34 supposed to be (in Vince's eyes) righting the wrongs of WM31. Reigns is washed to Brock just like how Strowman is to Brock now. Reigns kicked out of 4 F5s, didn't pass out from the blood loss, and STILL could not get the job done on the biggest stage.

Start building MULTIPLE house hold names so your company can stand the test of time. I'm tired of WWE not being able to build new talent.

·
Since Day One
9,829 Posts
Oh no, OP. You think this is complaining? Nah, the real complaining will happen after Drew’s held onto the title for longer than four months. Then, he’ll be “stale”, and it’ll be time for someone else who “deserves it” to have their shine. By and large, today’s fans either don’t want real stars or have tunnel visions towards feel good moments for someone with a “toiled to the top for years” struggle behind their name, no matter how minuscule and irrelevant it is to their character. Either way, there’s no endgame, no vision towards anything that goes on longer than a year. That’s just the way the climate is. There always has to be a new high, and it needs to happen now now NOW or else their attention is lost and they try to find that high with “deserving” blue chippers in NXT, AEW, NJPW, etc that absolutely must break the glass ceiling immediately.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I like what they are doing with Drew. They are building him up for Brock and making him look extremely dominant. He was just tossing fools out of the Rumble with ease. This is the best he has ever looked. He needs to not lose a match leading up to Wrestlemania. Just go on a massive winning streak.

Drew going from being in 3MB to being fired, to coming back rebranding himself and winning the Royal Rumble, its an amazing story. He could've easily just given up on himself, no one expected him to ever be where he is now. Shows a lot of determimation and fight.

·
Registered
979 Posts
0 charisma, 0 personality. He's not cool like Reigns, scary like Brock, or annoying and cunty like Seth.

Some might make the argument that he's no more bland than the old guard, but even if that were true, replacing bland with bland doesn't improve things.
If that's you're perspective, then that's cool as it's understandable. My perspective is having seen Drew in the indies, he can project a LOT more personality than he has so far. I feel that it's (yet again) the WWE method that restricts talent.

Notice that he's got over quite quickly in only 4/5 weeks and he's been much more himself in promos. If WWE is will to release his shackles and push him, he WILL be a star.

Imo, he's better than Rollins and Reigns, but WWE have persisted with 'their guys' as much as they can, now they seem willing (apparently with Heyman and HHH taking more of the reins with Vince looking at the XFL) to push what's talented and popular, rather than just what they'd like.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I quit watching Raw for about a month because Seth is unbearable. Watched the Rumble and it was decent. I saw that Drew actually got a reaction for once and was surprised. I gave Raw a chance the next night, and I see Drew in the ring talking about... a Claymore party. That line is even cringier than burn it down or believe that. Drew McIntyre blows. I called this too the night Roman announced his cancer. I said Drew would get the big push with Roman gone. Took a little longer, but they're finally giving it a go.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,076 Posts
You Sir are part of the reason why the WWE is stagnant and has not built ANY extreme tier guys since John Cena (and no house hold name since). We all saw how this went for WM32, 33 and 34, with 34 supposed to be (in Vince's eyes) righting the wrongs of WM31. Reigns is washed to Brock just like how Strowman is to Brock now. Reigns kicked out of 4 F5s, didn't pass out from the blood loss, and STILL could not get the job done on the biggest stage.

Start building MULTIPLE house hold names so your company can stand the test of time. I'm tired of WWE not being able to build new talent.
Bruhhhhh

It's not complicated.

If WWE had Tucker Knight win the Royal Rumble you can't just say "Build Stars" as an excuse. That doesn't mean shit. Build up the actually interesting and over members of the roster. Drew is neither

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Bruhhhhh

It's not complicated.

If WWE had Tucker Knight win the Royal Rumble you can't just say "Build Stars" as an excuse. That doesn't mean shit. Build up the actually interesting and over members of the roster. Drew is neither
Everyone on your first list is still a good option. Don’t know why they’ve not pulled the trigger with Lashley, when he was Lesnar 2.0 in 2007. Probably will never give us the match, like they never did with Brock/Batista.

But unless they were to turn Roman heel and update his character, I don’t want to see him and Lesnar again. Same old shit.

·
Banned
458 Posts
Ok you can't tell me that viewership would be higher if Punk would of won the Rumble and squared off against Lesnar ( or Wyatt) instead of McIntyre, don't get me wrong I like Drew although I think we both know that to be the truth.
m'kay I'll ask for the FOURTH FUCKEEN TIME:
they haven't chanted his name recently,not even after he got on backstage,what does that tell you?

·
Registered
72 Posts
WWE storylines, build ups and feud mostly depend on WWE fans's reaction. feud goes according to fans's reaction towards WWE Superstars either face or heel. If heel superstars not get any heat from fans then feud looks boring and face superstar not able to do what company expect from him.

·
Registered
11,168 Posts

You can't just build household names. If it as easy as just pushing people hard then WCW, awa, wccw, uswa, mid south, ecw would still exist and TNA, Roh would have exploded in popularity.

WWE moved heaven and earth with Cena. They completely changed direction both corporately and on tv to encompass his character. WWE went from car crash tv to family friendly which was giantanic change of pace . The two were inseparable, when you thought of WWE you thought of cena and vice versa. Of course you can only do that with one person and WWe have only done that with three others since 1963 ie Bruno, Hogan and Austin, building around those guys and changing their makeup to basically become one with the wrestler.

But anyways over past decade WWE have push Miz, Punk, Del Rio, Sheamus, Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Styles, Mahal, Lynch either as world champion or Wrestlemania maineventer so they certainly have pushed new talent at top of card.

Problem though is that Drew right now is not as over as many of those guys when their big push started so it's highly unlikely he gets cena treatment and thus company changes direction to build around him. You are critical of Reigns but he was a new guy getting pushed just 5 years ago.

·
Aviary Bro Fist
14,023 Posts
This is why I stand by what I say about the worse thing about WWE is the fans.
You have to learn to temper your expectations.. bring your perspective back out a little bit and look at the bigger picture. There will always be a bit of backlash to every decision and event. You need to judge on the degrees of it, not it's sheer existence. If a few people are barking on-line versus a low-key baby riot in your arena you're probably not doing too bad.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
People have too much time on their hands clearly

101 - 115 of 115 Posts