Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't orton say john boy writes his own stuff. He must be very creative if he does that.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
He does according to one of the former creative writers, but has certain guidelines.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Yes, but with the PG rating, he has to come up with something "child friendly" and that's why his jokes are always lame and about dog crap.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
That's what most people should be allowed to do. WWE tells them things they need to talk about, and the rest should be improvised by the superstars.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I would imagine his material is heavily monitored or even edited to the messege Vince and the creative team standards of an unfunny superman character

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
It's better for him to say that he don't writes his own promos, that way he can blame someone else for his terrible material.
but i can see him writes this stuff, he's a weird guy, and not in a good way.

·
Registered
193 Posts
This might explain why his promos suck. The last promo I can remember that he did, that was even remotely amusing was when he was insulting the Nexus members last year.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
so is that why he says some of the lamest things ever? but i guess you really cant blame him cause cena was the shit before wwe went PG

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Best promo this year was the contract signing with Punk where he trolled the IWC/haters about "increasing his work rate, adding to the five move of dooms" lol that shit was good. A lot better than his "I never give up" crap and rapping about braodback mountin and sucking balls "You brought props???" LOL .

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I was overjoyed back when I heard this. The defence for John Cena's cringeworthy promos was always "it's not his fault, it's the writers". Well, turns out it is his fault.

I also remember reading somewhere that it was his idea to become "the new hulk hogan". Don't know if it's true, but if so, there goes the "it's not his fault how he's booked" argument too.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
It's better for him to say that he don't writes his own promos, that way he can blame someone else for his terrible material.
but i can see him writes this stuff, he's a weird guy, and not in a good way.
At least he writes his own stuff unlike Dwayne. It's hilarious how Dwayne fans were always saying how awesome he was because he wrote his own childish jokes. Then it suddenly turns out Dwayne gets written everything for him, and now the marks don't even mention that anymore.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts