Wrestling Forum banner

So, it's safe to assume...

908 Views 13 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  peowulf
Unless it's announced next week, it should be 100% obvious that no Money in the Bank match will happen at Wrestlemania.

It's a shame, because I've enjoyed the MITB matches every year since their inception. Plus it adds a big ass "what-if" to storylines. It would make sense to me to keep at the WM MITB because the winner gets a title match with EITHER of the brand champions, and with the brand merger looming, it doesn't make sense to have individual MITB's for a long period of time.

If there is any hope left in you, who would you put in the Wrestlemania 27 Money in the Bank?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
It would be so easy for them to just make a ladder match for one of the mid card titles.

So not having one because there is a MITB PPV is no excuse. It doesn't have to be a MITB ladder match, it could just be IC or US title.

That way you still get your multi-man ladder match, you still get those people on the card, and you don't detract from the MITB PPV later in the year.

· Banned
1,068 Posts
As soon as I saw it got it's own PPV I knew it wasn't gonna be at WM (Twice in one year? No way).

But yeah, it's that special something about WM that I'm gonna miss.
Actually it DID happen twice last year.

I'm sad we won't ever get to see the MITB winner cash in later in the night. And no, it wouldn't be the same if someone carried MITB into mania from the MITB PPV.

· Registered
205 Posts
I am a little disappointed that there won't be a Money in the Bank match at WM this year. I always looked forward to it. It always made WrestleMania more epic, always had that big match feel and it always gave those who wouldn't normally be on the show the chance to do so. Without MitB, it does feel as if something is missing, but hey, that's just the way it goes. The concept was popular enough to grow into a PPV event of it's own and that's just smart business.

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Disappointed it's not on the WM this year, but it will make the match even more special when it does come back on a WM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.