Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
When was the last time we had a legit storyline over a midcard title? I genuinely can't remember, so for them to start this one off with something as flimsy as Ambrose's desire to have a picture on the wall at HQ is not a surprise at all.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I'm sure Ambrose has had one of the longest reigns with the US title in recent memory.

It was one of the worst ever title runs although that is purely because he did nothing with it. Again though you can hardly blame Dean about that as it was WWE decision to forget about the US title for about 3-4 months.

At least Rusev has brung back some importance and stability to the midcard and the US belt.

·
Registered
629 Posts
US Title was a WCW midcard title, that'll be why it's not on the WWE wall. He said last week the wall had WWE and IC champions, so I assume the WCW heavyweight champions and US champions aren't on the wall.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I wish the angle was more about Dean's desire to be an IC champion over him wanting a picture on the wall at WWE HQ like he's the employee of the month.

He was a former US champion, but his reign really sucked. He never defended it, so it was an empty reign on all accounts. He was only champ to make the Shield look dominant while Rollins/Reigns had the tag straps. That's it. It was purely visual.

WWE's booking of Dean concerns me, though. He's always randomly in feuds lol. I get he's a nut case and a bit off, but he needs to do something other than beat up Curtis Axel, make some weird faces, have BNB tell him to eat shit, and close the segment with more weird faces. I'm hoping we get some substance to this program soon, because Ziggler was doing wonderful with the title; no idea why they took it off him. I don't want Dolph drowning in the mid card to be for no reason.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts