Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking at the recent history of the WHC title and recently you've got the likes of Swagger, Punk, Hardy and Jericho whereas the WWE Championship has the likes or Orton, Cena and Batista.

So... like the topic says... is the WHC inferior to the WWE Championship? Is the WHC just a.... tester championship?

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Hmm just ask yourself this question. would you rather be Champion of the world. Or champion of the company??

but yeah they even scaled the WHC down to make it look less prestigious in Kayfabe the WWE title is the greatest thing ever.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
The WHC in that time has also been held by The Undertaker and Rey Mysterio, while the WWE Title has been held by Sheamus and The Miz. Prestige-wise, it's simply because Raw has the majority of the biggest stars, as the A-Show. If the WHC was on Raw it'd have the same big names holding it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I consider it equal. Yeah it is being held by Kane, and recently Jack Swagger, but The Miz is holding the other one. Right now the WWE championship is on Raw (A show), while the WHC is on Smackdown (B show), but this has been opposite in the past, and I bet it will be again.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Whichever title is on RAW is the top title.

From 2002 - 2003 the titles were equal.

From 2004 - 2005 the WHC was more important because it was on RAW.
From 2005 - 2008 the WWE title was more important because it was on RAW.
From 2008 - 2009 the WHC title was more important because it was on RAW.

You get the pattern?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
the bigger stars, the focus of the company has always been on the wwe title

world title, IS THE WCW BELT, it started as just a handout and kicked off the confusion of having titles during the brand split RATINGS HAVE NEVER RECOVERED SINCE i might add, revolving door of guys that either weren't the best or were treated poorly or in Batista case over booked, heck i wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to Hornswoggle, that's how bad it has gotten.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whichever title is on RAW is the top title.

From 2002 - 2003 the titles were equal.

From 2004 - 2005 the WHC was more important because it was on RAW.
From 2005 - 2008 the WWE title was more important because it was on RAW.
From 2008 - 2009 the WHC title was more important because it was on RAW.

You get the pattern?
I understand.

On that basis it's probably better to call it the SMACKDOWN TITLE or the RAW TITLE instead of what they are really called.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They changed it around a few years ago to make it so that the WWE title was on Raw - their 'A show', also keeping in mind that the World Heavyweight championship is the former WCW title belt, before it was Unified with the WWE title, so I think that the company will always be inclined to that. I hope they change the design of the WWE title, though, it doesn't look like it can be taken seriously.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
The commentators still refer to each title as, to quote JR, "the richest prize in the game".

So I reckon they're equal, it's just that RAW has the bigger collection of "A-list" stars (mention Otunga and die painfully) while SmackDown is very much the B-show, so it gets less well-known talent holding the gold.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
They changed it around a few years ago to make it so that the WWE title was on Raw - their 'A show', also keeping in mind that the World Heavyweight championship is the former WCW title belt, before it was Unified with the WWE title, so I think that the company will always be inclined to that. I hope they change the design of the WWE title, though, it doesn't look like it can be taken seriously.
Hopefully now we have a change of champion and Cena is "fired", a different design is plausible, given that that categorically is Cena's belt.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
The wwe tittle will always be #1

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Right now the WWE Championship is on the flagship show, so kind of the number one title but it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. The WORLD Title sounds way better than the WWE Title, a title which means you're only the best of one company. Not to mention the World Title looks way cooler than the WWE Title. I do understand why they want us to see the WWE Title as the primary belt though.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
watch the PPV preview for Night Of Champions it will tell you how the WWE looks at the WHC(all the titles for that matter)

They had 2 tables. 1 had just the WWE title and the other table had all the other titles

If that doesn't say they aren't equal, idk what does

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Yes, because it's on Smackdown. Next time they do the old switcharoo with the Champs during the draft, it'll instantly jump above the WWE title.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
HMM Swagger, Rey, Kane....

Why even have the belt. I'm serious it's a mockery of a world title. There have been mid card level feuds for that belt all year.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
To all those saying Smackdown is the "B" show, you are wrong. RAW is the A show, Smackdown is the A- show, Superstars is the B show, and NXT is the C-Show.

·
Registered
97 Posts
history dicatates the WHC is more prestigeous because it has been around longer so more HoF wrestlers have held it

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
history dicatates the WHC is more prestigeous because it has been around longer so more HoF wrestlers have held it
the title that once george hakenshmit held became what we know today as the nwa title so it doesnt count

plus we all know in a few years the number of hof'ers that held the wwe will out number that, thus rendering that possibility worthless

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
In SVR2011 they refer to the WWE title as the most coveted title in all of the WWE

WWE title is traditionally the one on RAW too , so I think WWE title > WHC title

1 - 20 of 23 Posts