Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope so. I miss the Unified Champs who went to both shows ( Miz/Morisson,Jerishow, Showmiz, ect). Watching Superstars has really piqued my interest in Hawkins/Archer as well as the Dudebusters (who already got my attention back in WWECW). The Dynasty hasn't left RAW since winning those damn belts and apart from the Usos (and kinda Marella/Kozlov), they have no competition. I also do not like the new belt design.

I realize that having so few teams probably means there won't be 2 separate Championships, but I'd really like to see more ACTUAL tag matches on SD.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I doubt there is any plan to have two teams as champions. Instead of carrying both titles they just officially unified them finally. I expect the tag champions to still work all the shows just as they did before.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Well the titles haven't been defended nor have the champions appeared on Smackdown pretty much the whole year. But on Superstars this week Striker said that Hawkins & Archer stated that if Hart Dynasty don't appear on Smackdown then they'll go to Raw to get the titles!

So hopefully HD show up on Smackdown soon. PLus The Gatecrashers & Duebusters > The Usos.

·
Registered
234 Posts
No, no new Smackdown titles. I can honestly see a triple threat tag team match at NOC.

Hart Dynasty vs Gatecrashers vs Two members of the Nexus.

Maybe Usos will be in there aswell to make it a four way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The way I interpreted it was that the Unified Titles were just getting new belts. I hope they will be defended against both brands (actually I just hope they're defended, period).

Besides, there is barely enough teams for one set of titles let alone two.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
They should do a little tournament and have the three qualifying teams face the Hart Dynasty in a Fatal 4 Way Tag Team Elimination Match.

The Gatecrashers def. The Dudebusters
Morrison & Truth def. The Usos
Cody Rhodes & Drew McKintyre def. Santino and Kozlov

They can do this little tournament the RAW before NOC.

HD vs. The Gatecrashers vs. Morrison & Truth vs. Rhodes & McKintyre

I had enough of Nexus tbh. They should stay off the card unless your name is Wade Barrett or Justin Gabriel.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I hope not. The tag division isn't big enough for two belts. We'd end up with Cryme Time vs HD for the entire year on one show and Colons vs Miz/Morrison on the other show like before. The Hart Dynasty and subsequent champions should move to both shows. From what I understand this is how it's going to be.

Simply, no. They just officially released the unified tag belts for a reason. Stupid, stupid topic.
They don't call them the "unified tag belts" anymore. They call them the WWE Tag Team Championships. Keep up.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
If they had tag title defenses on SD, then they wouldnt have time for Kofi/Dolph to wrestle each other for the 22nd straight week.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
It's amazing how WWE hypes these new tag belts, then no word of it is mentioned after.
I'm not sure they hyped them at all.

Unless I missed something (tell me if I did), we were just watching RAW, saw the Hart Dynasty and thought just MAYBE they were wrestling tonight. Oh no, it's Bret Hart's (possible) last moment presenting new titles to his 'family' to keep the legend of Hart going.

All in all, I believe they just brought the belts out without ANYONE having prior knowledge to what was happening.
Could've saved it for the 900th episode but whatever, most likely bigger things are planned

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I never even realized the new titles were just a way to have the champions stop carrying around 4 titles at a time. I just assumed that smackdown was getting their own tag team championship because of this. It just never occurred to me that way. I just can't see the Hart Dynasty defending them on smackdown a couple of times against the Gate Crashers or the Dudebusters with Nexus needing something to do as well as the possibility of Edge and Jericho getting back together. It'll be like the Unified World Championship and eventually the Hart Dynasty's title will be called the WWE Tag Team Championship and Smackdown will get their own. I have a feeling that might not be the case though, really can't predict what's gonna happen here.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The reason behind giving Tag Team champions to work both shows was to let Edge&Jericho, Jerishow, Show-Miz and DX
to work Raw and sometimes SD as well to beef up the show.
Since Hart Dynasty has won the titles, they made 0 appearances on the show and I think the lack of star power
is the only reason behind this.
I don't think they'll have a new tag titles on SD. They'll stick with one, but I don't know if HD will be working
on SD in the near future. Although I certainly hope so.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Hopefully WWE doesn't miss the point of having great tag matches for a championship here.
HD, Drew & Rhodes (if they team up), Usos, Gatecrashers, Dudebusters.

Think of it, all 3 of the last mentioned teams, week after week going for the tag belts. It can be really strong.

·
Registered
439 Posts
If they had tag title defenses on SD, then they wouldnt have time for Kofi/Dolph to wrestle each other for the 22nd straight week.
But Mr. Perfect's and Koko B. Ware's illegitimate sons need their time to shine!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'm hoping for an accidental brain surge to hit WWE creative and they have Theodore Long retract on the retirement of the former Smackdown tag titles. Say the anonymous GM of Raw can't retire Smackdown property without the Smackdown GM's approval. Let Raw keep the ugly helmet belts and SD get back their titles and contest them in a tournament ending at, of course, NoC. But of course the WWE makes so many bad decisions these days, you can bet it'll never happen.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I really hope so. I miss the Unified Champs who went to both shows ( Miz/Morisson,Jerishow, Showmiz, ect). Watching Superstars has really piqued my interest in Hawkins/Archer as well as the Dudebusters (who already got my attention back in WWECW). The Dynasty hasn't left RAW since winning those damn belts and apart from the Usos (and kinda Marella/Kozlov), they have no competition. I also do not like the new belt design.

I realize that having so few teams probably means there won't be 2 separate Championships, but I'd really like to see more ACTUAL tag matches on SD.
It's okay The Hart Dynasty never wrestle on Raw either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts