Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Are you that one Rey fan?!
Oh no, I was going along with your bit!

I think Rey is one of the worst characters ever put on screen.

I almost said "one of the worst character ever crafted" but her character wasn't crafted, there's no thought or energy or work put into her character. In fact even calling her a character is inappropriate. She's not a character, she's just an endless series of victories she did nothing to earn while burying better, actual characters that came before her.

I could go on, but I think you get the point :LOL:

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Oh no, I was going along with your bit!

I think Rey is one of the worst characters ever put on screen.

I almost said "one of the worst character ever crafted" but her character wasn't crafted, there's no thought or energy or work put into her character. In fact even calling her a character is inappropriate. She's not a character, she's just an endless series of victories she did nothing to earn while burying better, actual characters that came before her.

I could go on, but I think you get the point :LOL:
I'm one of the few people who likes Rey in TLJ cause at least she's flawed and she goes through challenges and she mistakes. She's allowed to look stupid. (Reach out)

It's like JJ Abrams and Disney were TERRIFIED to let a women have any flaws in any way, so in their two movies Rey is like comically boring. The only significant mistake she makes in all of TFA is actually what saves them from the pirates on Hans ship.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
at least she's flawed and she goes through challenges and she mistakes. She's allowed to look stupid. (Reach out)
I couldn't disagree more. That one moment, which is clearly just another in a long line of dumb jokes written by Ruin, the tone of which doesn't match the moment, does not negate a whole movie of her being better than literally everyone at literally everything.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I couldn't disagree more. That one moment, which is clearly just another in a long line of dumb jokes written by Ruin, the tone of which doesn't match the moment, does not negate a whole movie of her being better than literally everyone at literally everything.
That movie being TFA. It's not Rians fault Rey was super god woman in the last movie. And on it's not JUST a joke that did not work for you. Whether you liked it or not, the movie humanized and humbled GodRey.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
That movie being TFA. It's not Rians fault Rey was super god woman in the last movie. And on it's not JUST a joke that did not work for you. Whether you liked it or not, the movie humanized and humbled GodRey.
The person who outdueled the greatest jedi in the universe, mastered jedi powers with no training and wrecked Snokes guards with ease in one movie really got humbled cuz of that one joke. Ok rian.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
The person who outdueled the greatest jedi in the universe, mastered jedi powers with no training and wrecked Snokes guards with ease in one movie really got humbled cuz of that one joke. Ok rian.
We must have watched different movies? She doesn't "out duel" Luke fucking Skywalker, are you high? She hits Luke from behind, a cheap low tactic and Luke being disconnected from the Force didn't see it coming. Then they fought briefly and he smacked her a bunch with a stick letting her know he could win any time he wanted. THEN when he got tired of that he disarmed her of her stick and the fight only ended when Rey cheated and pulled out a weapon that obviously beats a wooden stick. She didn't "win" that fight AT ALL, her only moments of getting ahead of Luke were dirty cheating low moments, which is perfect for Reys character journey in the film.

This reminds me of people trying to tell me Finn ALMOST beat Kylo Ren and he was on Kylo's level, even though for 90 percent of their encounter Kylo is playing with a totally out of his league Finn for the entire fight until Finn gets one lucky shot in and Kylo immidiately disarms and fucks him up. Some people are living in another reality.

And she mastered Jedi powers on the fly in the LAST movie, weren't you paying attention? She was already a master fighter who could fight out a group of gangsters with a stick, who figured out how to best a trained and skilled duelist on the fucking fly and who could mind-trick people just by willing it. Rian was merely following the INCREDIBLY OP and uncompelling template JJ laid out for him, while also trying to humble Rey a bit and challenge her. He did a great job with the Mary Sue he was handed, but at the same time you can't just nerf Rey into the fucking ground and make her a complete dork. If she's OP and hyper capable... That's the character you have to work with.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
You literally just said that she out dueled him. You can explain all you want. She was standing over him at the end.

Except no, you werent paying attention. I love that you act like Kylo wasnt mortally injured and wasnt trying to recruit her and that she didn't have to draw on the dark side to defeat him. Abrams might have given her too much, but rian took it to the next level with his bullshit and if he had followed the template Abrams set for him as opposed to going rogue he probably wouldnt have fucked up the trilogy.

But sure mastering jedi powers over the course of a day with little to no training out-dueling a jedi master and laying down life lessons to him is a completely normal non mary sue thing to do.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
You literally just said that she out dueled him. You can explain all you want. She was standing over him at the end.

Except no, you werent paying attention. I love that you act like Kylo wasnt mortally injured and wasnt trying to recruit her and that she didn't have to draw on the dark side to defeat him. Abrams might have given her too much, but rian took it to the next level with his bullshit and if he had followed the template Abrams set for him as opposed to going rogue he probably wouldnt have fucked up the trilogy.

But sure mastering jedi powers over the course of a day with little to no training out-dueling a jedi master and laying down life lessons to him is a completely normal non mary sue thing to do.
Excuse me but what?

He disarms Rey and beats her. Then she summons a lightsaber, something he doesn't have access to and turns it on and that means Rey won? What universe do you belong to where that's winning a fight? So if you and I get into a fist fight and I pull a gun I'm the superior skilled fighter? Lunacy. Oh btw, Rey draws on the dark side and uses her anger against Luke. It's literally the only advantage she can have against him since he's so much more skilled. But Rey uses her anger against Kylo at the end of the last movie and suddenly her defeating Kylo is perfectly OK? OK, good to know double standards is a not a concept you understand.

It's clear to me you're one of those delusional types who thinks TLJ is the worst thing that ever happened to you, so go ahead. Reeee away.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Except he didn't cuz she was clearly still fighting and how didn't he have access to the same light saber that she got? That analogy didnt work since it wasnt something she had on her person. Even if I bought your bullshit explanation about her drawing on the dark side to defeat luke, Luke is the best jedi in the world and was fully functional, Kylo was a clearly fading sith that was trying to recruit her, but sure, same situation.

However if you want to be on your rian johnson stan bull and pretend he wasnt the reason for Mary rey amongst other things that destroyed the trilogy, have at it hoss.

·
Registered
17,293 Posts
Rey's gonna return with one eye that is all white, no pupil -contact lmfao OR he will wear a mask covering both eyes this time making it dark to hide the gimmick.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Rey's gonna return with one eye that is all white, no pupil -contact lmfao OR he will wear a mask covering both eyes this time making it dark to hide the gimmick.
When they briefly showed his fake eyeball that supposedly came out of the socket, it looked like something that would come out of a gumball machine. lol.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Except he didn't cuz she was clearly still fighting and how didn't he have access to the same light saber that she got? That analogy didnt work since it wasnt something she had on her person. Even if I bought your bullshit explanation about her drawing on the dark side to defeat luke, Luke is the best jedi in the world and was fully functional, Kylo was a clearly fading sith that was trying to recruit her, but sure, same situation.

However if you want to be on your rian johnson stan bull and pretend he wasnt the reason for Mary rey amongst other things that destroyed the trilogy, have at it hoss.
My bullshit explanation about her using the darkside...? It's YOUR bullshit explanation! And Rey uses the dark side in the movie all the time. It's kind of a thing. Going into the darkside cave without thinking twice freaks out Luke. During the throne room scene when she's screaming and super aggro Kylo is very calm and measured. These are intentional choices. The literal only way Rey has to get even slightly one up on Luke is to cheat. Hit him from behind. Pull out the equivilant of a gun to a knife fight.

And yes, Luke absolutely would have wrecked and destroyed Rey IF HE WANTED TO. He bops her with the stick several times and literally pulls her fucking weapon out of her hands like a little kid. Luke could have grabbed the lightsaber at any time and cut her fucking head off, that much is VERY clear. But he doesn't, because he's Luke fucking Skywalker and he doesn't solve his problems by beating people in fights. The end of Return of the Jedi, the moment where Luke literally becomes a Jedi, he throws down his weapon and refuses to fight. In TLJ when Rey attacks him he has every right to fucking assault her right back, but he doesn't. He chooses to disarm her. At the end instead of choosing to kill Kylo he teaches him and uses his mastery of combat to effortlessly glide around him.

I find your misunderstanding of that scene between Rey and Luke kind of insulting honestly. Luke did NOT lose that exchange. How dare you imply such blatantly untrue nonsense.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
That was the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read from someone trying to justify the tlj nonsense.

But fine lets play by your rules. She's able to draw from the dark side, and kill those guards in anger with no consequences. Not even Vader could do shit like that so by your own explanation, homegirl's a mary sue to the max thanks to your boy Rian.

And honestly all that stuff you're using to justify is proof that Rian had no idea what the fuck he was doing since the protagonist and antagonist are acting opposite to the way that it's established throughout the series that they should be acting.

Thanks for proving my point.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
View attachment 89079 That was the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read from someone trying to justify the tlj nonsense.

But fine lets play by your rules. She's able to draw from the dark side, and kill those guards in anger with no consequences. Not even Vader could do shit like that so by your own explanation, homegirl's a mary sue to the max thanks to your boy Rian.

And honestly all that stuff you're using to justify is proof that Rian had no idea what the fuck he was doing since the protagonist and antagonist are acting opposite to the way that it's established throughout the series that they should be acting.

Thanks for proving my point.
What? Not even Vader could kill a room full of stooge guards? Vader killed lots and lots and LOTS of stuff worse than a room full of royal guards. So did... Most Jedi of consequence. Obi Wan killed Grevious Darth Maul a couple of times and Anakin at his height. Anakin beat Dooku and hunted down and slaughtered countless Jedi. What the fuck are a couple of Forceless royal guards, no matter how well they're trained?

Dude do I have to REALLY explain this out for you? In TFA Kylo is trying REALLY hard to be on the dark side, but he feels the pull of the light, constantly. He can't kill his Mom Leia when he has the chance. In the throne room battle he's calm and measured instead of raging like a Sith. He was taught by Luke after all. It makes perfect sense. He's a poser. He wants to be on the dark side but very obviously he cannot fully commit. This is the heart of the dramatic story of Kylo Ren in this trilogy. Rey meanwhile is an abandoned homeless hobo girl who literally had to fight to live on Jakku. She spends much of TLJ flirting with the dark side in a way that distresses Luke. You said it yourself she uses the dark side to beat Kylo at the end of TFA. During the throne room fight she's angrier and less graceful than Kylo.

You might have noticed in the OT Vader the evil villain was tempted by the light in the third film and Luke the kind-hearted hero was heavily tempted by the dark side? Hello, this is basic BASIC human drama. To the point that you shouldn't need your hand held to understand. Post 1000 Tyson gifs, you're the goof here who doesn't understand kindergarten level storytelling.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Let me explain this to you really slowly since you don't seem to understand. You know what happened when Anakin used the dark side to kill dooku and windu and everybody else, he converted to the dark side. You know why every other jedi other than maybe Mace (and even he's pushing it) dont use the dark side to defeat enemies because they fucking knew they would turn to the dark side in doing it. And those were trained jedis, Rey's not one and she can go back and forth with ease. And before you show your lack of a grasp of the material and point out she used the dark side to defeat Kylo, did she kill him? No they got separated before she could finish the job.

Yea you're pulling of that out of your ass. TFA established with the death of Han that his turn to the dark side was complete, Rian changing the story and forcing it to fit his vision changes nothing. The fact that you're ok with an untrained warrior mastering the light and the dark in a way that every other jedi before her couldn't shows the amount of bullshit that you're willing to put up with. Well Im not. Follow the rules of the franchise or make your own story.

And since you asked so nicely.

You're welcome.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Let me explain this to you really slowly since you don't seem to understand. You know what happened when Anakin used the dark side to kill dooku and windu and everybody else, he converted to the dark side. You know why every other jedi other than maybe Mace (and even he's pushing it) dont use the dark side to defeat enemies because they fucking knew they would turn to the dark side in doing it. And those were trained jedis, Rey's not one and she can go back and forth with ease. And before you show your lack of a grasp of the material and point out she used the dark side to defeat Kylo, did she kill him? No they got separated before she could finish the job.

Yea you're pulling of that out of your ass. TFA established with the death of Han that his turn to the dark side was complete, Rian changing the story and forcing it to fit his vision changes nothing. The fact that you're ok with an untrained warrior mastering the light and the dark in a way that every other jedi before her couldn't shows the amount of bullshit that you're willing to put up with. Well Im not. Follow the rules of the franchise or make your own story.

And since you asked so nicely.
So if a Jedi kills in aggression they're automatically on the dark side? This is what you're saying?

Tell me more about how much you understand the material!

TFA is absolutely not a complete turn to the darkside. JJ has said as much. Novelizations and Adam Driver say as much. You can't just make up bullshit that isn't true to support your easily disproven argument.

WTF do you mean "mastering the light and the dark side"? In TLJ Rey gets pwned by two Force masters who are significantly more powerful than her and with Kylos aid, she kills a room of forceless guards. That's notably less impressive than Luke Skywalker fighting and killing an entire barge full of gangsters. Sure in Rise of Skywalker she becomes fucking Force Jesus and she can suddenly deflect lightning, which in canon is a VERY hard skill to do that only Mace Windu knew, but that's not TLJ's problem.

Seriously, what is Reys big horrible OP moment in TLJ? She gets out dueled by Luke and only "wins" because she pulls a superior weapon on the man who 1) disarmed her and 2) WAY out skilled her as a duelist. Then she helps Kylo kill a room of goons and then lifts some rocks. That's it? THAT'S the God mode OP Mary Sue business in TLJ? In TFA she's a fucking hobo girl who can 1) Fight off multiple assailants AT THE SAME TIME with a fucking stick 2) She can fly the Falcon better than anyone 3) Fix the Falcon better than Han Solo can 4) She bonds with Han Solo like the daughter he never had in like 5 minutes 5) Teaches herself the Force mindtrick instantly. 6) Manages to beat Kylo who's been training with a lightsaber his entire life by just... Digging really deep, I guess. 7) Can speak Wookie despite being some hobo girl who SHOULD NOT speak wookie. 8) Oh and she's the best engineer ever.

Compared to the TLJ where she cheats to win a duel, kills a few guards, lifts some rocks. The rest of the movie she's fucking up. JJ Abrams is the one who made Rey OP dude. Admit it. Just admit when you're wrong.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts