Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has to be one or the other, cause half the time it sounds like shes out there without any direction and is struggling to come up with clever or coherent sentences. Or is she just horrible at remembering her lines? cause i can't believe the wwe writers are that freaking bad that what Lana is saying is all them.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Did she also lose her accent too? So many questions I need answered. Thanks for making the thread OP. Her promo time has made me wonder about that too.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is putting out WOAT level segments everytime she is given a live mic.
She really is, shes constantly out there completely lost and just ad libbing and its so fucking awful, shes basically like "Uhhh * Forgets lines * sex addict! sex addict! you are a....bad person uhhh machka monster....uh" its almost like Vince gets a kick out of watching her drown out there and make a fool of herself so he keeps sending her out there for his amusement.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
She's god awful.

Her voice, her tone, her terrible acting that at some points was getting dead reactions because of how much she was hamming it up. Lashley is also awkward as shit playing this womanizer. The only good thing about any of this is Rusev has been really funny and entertaining but this is going to make it hard not to see him as just a comedy character jabroni midcard act after this is over.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Lana is just terrible. Couldnt they have done this angle, if at all, with better actors than Lana and Bobby Lashley? And with Rusev not overacting like a comedy act in a serious storyline?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I didn't have a huge problem with Lana screaming and ad-libbing. Let her make a few mistakes. An imperfect ad-lib still conveys emotion better than your favourite wrestler speaking like he or she is reading from a teleprompter. That's a fact.

But, I guess.....people......prefer....their.....wrestlers......to.....speak....eloquently....and...ever.....so......overly......enunciated.

·
Banned
499 Posts
i can't believe the wwe writers are that freaking bad that what Lana is saying is all them.
why the fuck can't you believe that wtf?! o_O they're this bad and WORSE,they're objectively insanely,mindnumbingly bad, I thought that was common knowledge

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why the fuck can't you believe that wtf?! o_O they're this bad and WORSE,they're objectively insanely,mindnumbingly bad, I thought that was common knowledge
No what they write is usually boring, robotic and predictable, but they don't write for someone to make them act as if they're out there fumbling lines and ad-libbing like Lana has come off.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,454 Posts
It feels like WWE has gotten a lot looser with the scripting, I noticed it way back during the Charlotte/Becky feud they kept cutting each other off and talking over each other, it feels natural like a real argument would but it's also annoying having multiple people yell into microphones at the same time. I think I prefer the scripted style for dialogues so people will stop stumbling over each other, monologues should just be bullet points, put into your own words with your own pacing, tone and emphasis.

Like all things, of course WWE got it backwards.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,826 Posts
Lana would be more suited for daytime drama than WWE, Her Mic work wasn't bad back in 2014-15 when she spoke with her accent that for some reason they decided to drop thanks to TD of all things now she's ridiculously bad at keeping a sentence together i mean she must be anxious out there nowadays.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts