Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a wrestler to use someone else's move who hasn't been in the business for like ever. so for example is nobody allowed to do a move like the F-5 or Carlito's move were he drops you backwards while driving his knees into your back?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? must have missed it.

·
Asuka
96,360 Posts
Of course it's allowed, there are no rules against using other peoples moves. Hell, Daniel Bryan is using the finisher of a guy who WWE has been denying the existance of for over 4 years.

I don't think you'll ever see anybody use the Stunner, Rock Bottom/People's Elbow or Leg Drop as a finisher again, though. Maybe you will but I doubt it, because WWE likely wants those moves to remain exclusive to their all time biggest stars. And Eugene doesn't count, the gimmick called for him to use those moves as a tribute.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Of course it's allowed, there are no rules against using other peoples moves. Hell, Daniel Bryan is using the finisher of a guy who WWE has been denying the existance of for over 4 years.

I don't think you'll ever see anybody use the Stunner, Rock Bottom/People's Elbow or Leg Drop as a finisher again, though. Maybe you will but I doubt it, because WWE likely wants those moves to remain exclusive to their all time biggest stars. And Eugene doesn't count, the gimmick called for him to use those moves as a tribute.
Daniel Bryan and Benoit don't use the same move man. It's similar but still not the same. Benoit used an arm scissor crossface and DB uses an omoplata. I do agree that nobody will ever use the stunner or rock bottom ever again though because that's a part of what made them the biggest stars that the company has ever seen.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Daniel Bryan and Benoit don't use the same move man. It's similar but still not the same. Benoit used an arm scissor crossface and DB uses an omoplata. I do agree that nobody will ever use the stunner or rock bottom ever again though because that's a part of what made them the biggest stars that the company has ever seen.
Stunner = Euegene Stunner/McMahon Stunner

Rock Bottom = Book End

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Anyone who uses the F5 deserves to be castrated

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Personally I think somebody should start doing the F-5. Most devestating finisher I've ever seen. Morgan should start using it in TNA.

According to SVR2011 the F-5 is now called the Cyclone too.

·
Asuka
96,360 Posts
Who cares if it's SLIGHTLY different? It's the same move, much like an RKO is a Diamond Cutter, except it's not 100% identical. When people see Daniel Bryan using that move, they think Benoit.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
as long as there is no patten (sp?) on the move, its fair game. Some finishers probably arent used because they would be more associated with the former user (Stunner, Rock Bottom, etc.).

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
Meh, people still moves all of the time. Some older guys generally do find it disrespectful if you just take a move from them without asking though, especially if it's one they've come up with themselves.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts