Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In nottingham , England

I've watched wrestling since 97 but have never been to a live show, so this being my first time i didnt know what to expect...

Overall, since it wasnt TV the whole show was generally an opportunity for all catch phrases to be reeled off,and the kids LAPPED IT UP

Ron killing opened and went down pretty well..if i remember correctly only one heel won all evening..regal didnt get a good ovation, and his match v danielson was a snore fest and the crowd was dead thoughout, at the end regal got on the mic and said "in 27 years of pro wreslting,iv never met a guy better than me,but ladies and gentlemen, daniel bryan"

Barret v Orton decent..didnt get to see RKO unfortunatly..sheamus was immpressive and HUGE..

Pyro wasnt working all night i dont think, nitro made his entrance to a pityful firework,and looked confused,went back stage ,then came back laughing..

the miz got really good heat,worked the mic well before his match...morison was impressive...goldust was a class act...

The upper tier was 2/3 empty..i think the total capacity is 4000? or 6000..not sure...

disappointed to not see cole,jr,king but there was obviously no need for commentory..

Cena obv bigges tpop of the night, can see why kids love the guy and the majority are COVERED in his merch..disappointed to not see nexus or bret hart....and kinda timed my first show badly with no taker,kaen,hbk,batista,hhh,austin,rock etc lol

...in all, a typical non TV show..disappointed to not see any dark matches or local guys..id definatly go again thought,hopefully to a tv event..

·
Registered
272 Posts
I went to the show at the o2 and the kids loved that too. I know what you mean about the Cena merchandise, I'm surprised some of those kids were able to stand up under the weight of it all.

I thought the Miz was really entertaining and seemed more charismatic in person than on the TV. Cena, on the other hand, was like watching Keanu Reeves. Really wooden and devoid of all charisma. I don't hate him as much as some do but his match with The Miz was poor and dragged on too long. The kids loved him though and went mental when he did the FU.

Regal had a good match with Ron Killing and Brian Danielson. The crowd made a lot of noise for him and he made quite and emotional speech at the end saying this would probably be his last tour. I've got a huge amount of respect for him after reading his book and it was sad to think his career might be over soon.

Bret Hart was there but didn't wrestle (obviously) but it was good to see him.

Overall most of the matches were pretty boring and I could hear kids behind me complaining of how long it went on for. I've been to see RAW before and it was the same then too. Due to all the merchandise sold I can see the WWE are making money but I'll be sticking with the local indy for now, far more entertaining.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts