Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's obvious Joe will never be at the level he was in 2005-2006 both creatively and physically. However, I was thinking that it'd be a good idea to give Joe the TV Title, have him be the one who actually defends it weekly, and go on a huge streak of putting on hard hitting matches every week on Impact a'la Eddie Edwards in ROH. Joe's credibility has diminished steadily over the last couple years, and I think this would be a great way for him to fix that issue before eventually taking the Heavyweight title again.

What do you guys think of this?

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,619 Posts
As a long time fan of Joe, I would have to say I would be in favor of this idea. I think Joe has it in him to be the world champion again but he basicly needs to be rebuilt from scratch, starting with a dominate reign as TV Champion would be a good start since all they have done with him recently has been just pure nonsense with the whole JJ stuff.

Also it would make Joe TNA's second grandslam champ :)

·
8,232 Posts
I'm all for Joe feuding with TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGLAS for the TV title.

Let's make that belt mean something, and get Joe's damn credibility back. Feuding with the wife stealer is not going to do this.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
I think Joe going back to the division that made him,Styles and Daniels look good would be better, just a thought. Lethal and terrible Robbie E need someone to carry them and make them look good. I also think adding Styles as well to the division would be great for the X division and TNA.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Joe going back to the division that made him,Styles and Daniels look good would be better, just a thought. Lethal and terrible Robbie E need someone to carry them and make them look good. I also think adding Styles as well to the division would be great for the X division and TNA.
I'm not gonna spoil anything for you, so I'll ignore the Robbie E/Lethal comment. But what I will say is that, for Joe in particular, is not a top priority. Putting Joe in weekly matches, title matches at that, will allow Joe to become a credible champion again, defeating jobbers and credible contenders alike. The TV title is being used as the stepping stone for the Heavyweight belt, and before Joe get's back into the title hunt, he's gonna need to look like a total bad ass who will take on anybody every week with the belt on the line. That's what the TV title is for, and that would be perfect for Joe to regain his credibility.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I am a big fan of Samoa Joe but i honestly believe that TNA have completely missed the boat and that ship has long since sailed now which is unfortunate because Samoa Joe had the potential in early 2006 to be absolutely HUGE. I remember watching how the fan's all really got behind Samoa Joe in late 2005 and when Sting picked Samoa Joe to be his tag team partner against Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner it looked liked he was going to be pushed as the top face but after a great start with the feud with Scott Steiner it was clear that TNA didn't know how to book him.

What TNA should have done was for them to keep Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle away from each other because that is where it all started to go downhill for Samoa Joe, for most people it was the only realistic dream feud out there that hadn't happened and TNA blew their load so quickly it was untrue. If they had waited a year to have the feud and have it as the main event of Bound For Glory 2007 it would have been HUGE and i think a very big draw, there were people that Samoa Joe could have feuded with in between Bound For Glory 2006 and a year later that would have kept him in the main event picture but without holding the TNA World title.

Had they put the title on Samoa Joe at Bound For Glory 2007 after a half hour match with Kurt Angle i think they would have had a real big star as Samoa Joe was over HUGE in 2006 and 2007 but they had him lose on a regular basis after his first loss against Kurt Angle and he was moved into the background. TNA in 2007 was quite a horrible thing to watch because they had turned AJ Styles into an absolute joke whilst Samoe Joe had gone backwards at a rapid rate because of poor booking and the whole show was based around Kurt Angle.

I don't know if there is anything that TNA can do to get Samoa Joe anywhere near the levels of 2005 and 2006 but the best thing they could do is to have Samoa Joe built up and have him go over six or seven people near the top of the card. The thing is though that i don't believe Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff partiularly see anything special in Samoa Joe because since their arrival he has done nothing of note and they have allowed his contract to end whilst pushing all of the older wrestler's so with them around i don't see anymore than a mid card spot for Samoa Joe.

·
8,232 Posts
What TNA should have done was for them to keep Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle away from each other because that is where it all started to go downhill for Samoa Joe, for most people it was the only realistic dream feud out there that hadn't happened and TNA blew their load so quickly it was untrue. If they had waited a year to have the feud and have it as the main event of Bound For Glory 2007 it would have been HUGE and i think a very big draw, there were people that Samoa Joe could have feuded with in between Bound For Glory 2006 and a year later that would have kept him in the main event picture but without holding the TNA World title.
Too bad that match got them 60,000 buys and till this day their most bought PPV of all time.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
What a great idea, that would mean something to the *Name Change Goes Here* title, since the current rules are if you're not from WWE, you can't be a Heavyweight Title holder.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The idea is great but if the focus of company is to make Immortal the top group in TNA until that is over, they will continue to use undermine Joe and use him in fight to ''regain'' control by way of Dixie Carter. I mean come on now that the EV2 boys have no place in TNA, who do you think Dixie is going to ask to help ''save'' TNA? You have to count Morgan, Anderson, Pope, Joe, D. Williams and possibly RVD and whats left of EV2, when the whole ''takeover'' storyline is done, TNA should by all means give a decent push by making TV champion to rebuild his credibility as a figthing champion so thaqt once he loses it, he can go towards the big prize the World title.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Incorrect, they should have put him in the main event at Bound for Glory 06 with Sting and Jarrett w/ Angle as the enforcer, instead of throwing him into a monster's ball match that had nothing to do with him, and had Joe go over and win the title then. Then have him defend the belt against Angle at Genesis thus making the match even BIGGER.

Love your idea btw OP.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What spoilers have to do with anything?
If you read the spoilers, it would pretty much solidify Joe being in TNA for a while, and without going in to detail of how that affects current storylines, I simply say, yes, Joe is under contract

1 - 20 of 27 Posts