Wrestling Forum banner

So I thought Orton always sounded monotone...

4654 43
Until I found this little gem:

What happened? Nowadays, yes, he sounds a bit badass and psycho, but I'd take this promo over the ones he has now any day.
Reactions: Ashleigh Rose
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
501 Posts
He was a face at this point. And people say his face run sucked. I thought this was a damn good promo. Probably because a lot of it was based in reality. That's why it seemed so natural and believable.

· Premium Member
501 Posts
I feel like he's not a bad character now. He's booked quite well now as opposed to shortly after he punted Vince. When he punted Vince, he had such a strength to him. Then Triple H returned and Orton became a chickenshit heel. Now he's a tweener who kicks some major ass, but they don't let him bring the more outwardly psychotic character that we saw when he was attacking the Mcmahons.

· Premium Member
501 Posts
I totally think the viper character could cut a promo like the Randy Orton of old. He already carries the viper character into the ring and THAT's where it counts. "The Viper" destroys you in the ring, and he can do it on the mic. They just have to let him make that choice and give him something to say. He doesn't HAVE to stick to monotone. It fits his character, but at the same time they can make his character truly unique by keeping the viper physicality with the legend killer mouth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.