Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, XPW... wait, don't close the thread just yet, I have questions!

First, let me say, they were 5 bucks each. I thought to myself: "self, 5 dollars for 10+ hours of wrestling... if there's at least a few good matches on each set, it's not a bad deal. I might as well pick it up" ...so that's what I did.

Well, that, and the Hardcore Homecoming 3 2-DVD set as well. 15 bucks for that much wrestling can't be bad, right?

So far, I've watched the first Hardcore Homecoming disc (the PPV from June of 2005), and it was nice... I'll be honest, I wasn't terribly impressed, but I enjoyed it nonetheless (okay, now you're probably closing the thread, but this is about XPW, so hold on).

Anyway, to XPW... I got about 2 hours into the first disc of the first season. Now, I'll admit to not being a big fan of hardcore wrestling ("then why the hell did you get all those discs" I hear you asking. Well, they were 5 bucks each, I couldn't help myself), though I don't mind a good Necrobutcher match (I always thought Necro vs. Lufisto was rather entertaining) or really, anything that can at least tell a story, or pull the crowd in without being a complete hardcore spotfest.

My problem with what I've watched so far of XPW is, well, first of all, Shane Douglas--less vitriol, more wrestling please--just didn't seem to fit. From what I saw, it was like watching Hogan in TNA. The "seagull method", as I like to call it. He'd swoop in, shit all over everything, then leave. Less mic time, and more wrestling please. I understand that he was pissed at WCW et. all, but why drag it everywhere you go? ...it wasn't that entertaining.

Second: it seems to me that XPW spent a lot of time trying to create storylines... most of which didn't really draw me in. Then again, the TV shows seem to be nothing but recaps, so perhaps I've missed a lot. Still, if you're going to put out a "complete season", perhaps we can get a bit more than "here's the setup in short, awkwardly shot clips, now here's the match". Draw me in, dammit!

Anyway, before this gets too long... is there anything worth watching on those sets? ...it seems to me like a lot of ECW leftovers, and I certainly don't mind... but is there good wrestling on there? ...or at least, some good hardcore matches that are more than just spots? I really don't want to watch them all... just the good stuff.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've never watched the "complete season" dvd but I have seen numerous event dvds they had put out. The wrestling is horrible aside from a match between Danny Doring and Kaos that I recall being decent. I'd also watch the New Jack vs Vic Grimes scaffold match but just for the ending; Vic took a wicked fall.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well, theres a good match in XPW between Supreme and The Messiah, see if you bought it, but yeah XPW is probably the worst company evar, i got about 5 tv episodes and holly crap, how can something be that bad?
But im pretty sure there are more good Supreme matches there, cause i saw some mvs and well, the moves are botched but the matches seems to be at least worth watching.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,343 Posts
XPW is worse than anything I've ever seen before. It's just bad, there's no other way to put it. I have some of their shows and aside from 1 or 2 crazy hardcore matches everything is bad. The only thing that has held my interest at all was the Death Match Tournaments and they weren't even any good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the consensus is the same then? ...I wasted 10 bucks? ...ah well. I'll look up the stuff you guys mentioned though, much appreciated!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am a huge deathmatch fan, but even I won't watch XPW. Rob Black was probably the biggest piece of shit to ever promote wrestling. They had a match where the loser fell into a wading pool of "excrement"/shit....and it was a 20ft bump to do it. He "allegedly" had guys break into Messiah's home, attack him and cut off his thumb, legit. Never proven or charged, but that did happen and it remains unsolved.

But for $5 bucks, whatever. If that's your worst wrestling dvd purchase ever you're doing fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts