Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first time partaking in this irritating portion of American democracy. I don't know what I'm more excited about: sitting on my ass staring at the wall for 8 hours like I'm back in 4th grade detention, or the fact that I'm going to lose a paycheck for every day of work that I miss fulfilling my legal obligation to the criminal justice system.

Anyone here have any fine juries stories to tell? Any advice?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
No stories, but I've always wondered if acting like a lunatic like Tina Fey did on an episode of 30 Rock will get you out of it.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Homer Simpson, "the trick to getting out of jury duty is to say that you're prejudiced against all races."

I'm gonna give that one a shot.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
My advice is don't vote but its too late for that. I've never had to partake in Jury Duty thankfully.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a question. The only time that I've ever voted was back in 2004. Can I still be called for jury duty if I haven't voted since then? I've never really been clear on how that works.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
I have a question. The only time that I've ever voted was back in 2004. Can I still be called for jury duty if I haven't voted since then? I've never really been clear on how that works.
You should already be in the system then.

·
In the Heat of the Moment
33,794 Posts
I was chosen to be on the jury. At first I hated it, and dreaded it. But it was a pretty fun case and experience. Mine was about some guy who held a car driver at gunpoint, robbed him, and then proceeded to exit in a stolen car. His attorney defended him pretty horribly, and the district attorney really swept her. Deliberation was pretty fun as well, I remember they paid for our sandwiches. Yum.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
I don't trust any jury member who isn't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
What are the chances one of these nubs would be a juror at our trial Sabrina?
Pretty high knowing our luck, McDreamy. That's why we gotta go out in a blaze of glory.

But there's many a slip betwixt a cup and a lip.

·
40,767 Posts
Not sure if this is an option where you live but in some cities you can forgo having to stay there all day and instead answer a questionnaire online. Then you're put in a group and you have to call in to see if you're selected. Most likely you won't be. Look into it, it'll save hours of your life.

I don't see the problem actually serving on a jury, it's the bullshit waiting around that sucks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts