Which years in tna was better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
My World...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The matches were great but there were a ton of gimmics.Anybody remember "chair on a pole match" lol?Not saying now is any better, god knows we may end up with a pole match anytime soon.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I watched a Misty On A Pole match last week between Kaz/Black Reign. :lmao

Some of the shit was bad but I think there was alot of good (especially out of the X-Division and Tag teams) that made it work.

·
Banned
623 Posts
2004 was a shit year, Johnny B Bad in the main event of impact. Jeff Jarrett wrestling an actor and sports star in the main event. Raven getting screwed week in and week out and a poorly booked AJ Styles wrestling in the main event on PPV's for the world title. Crap year imo. TNA has been great since 2008 and onward only imo. 2011 being the best year so far

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Anyone who says 2007 TNA was a high point for the company or GOOD as a whole is fucking stupid. Lockdown, BFG, and Slammiversary had some good matches. Angle becomes first TNA WHC, Joe/Cage at DX 2007 had a good match, Team 3D/LAX had a good feud but other then that can't think of anything else that stands out.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
James Storm/Chris Harris from Sacrifice was epic.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That year was garbage and anyone who thinks otherwise might as well be a TNA ass kisser of the highest degree considering that they largely destroyed the credibility of almost anyone not named Kurt Angle (and even his was hurt). And to further the point before some people come in and are like TNA WAS SO MUCH BETTER BEFORE HOGAN AND BISCHOFF SHOWED UP, 2008 was essentially just as bad, and 09 was as well barring the last few months.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
That year was garbage and anyone who thinks otherwise might as well be a TNA ass kisser of the highest degree considering that they largely destroyed the credibility of almost anyone not named Kurt Angle (and even his was hurt). And to further the point before some people come in and are like TNA WAS SO MUCH BETTER BEFORE HOGAN AND BISCHOFF SHOWED UP, 2008 was essentially just as bad, and 09 was as well barring the last few months.
I'm not a TNA fan at all and I think '07 was a solid year. Near the end it got a little ridiculous but it had some shining moments.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'm not a TNA fan at all and I think '07 was a solid year. Near the end it got a little ridiculous but it had some shining moments.
I'd be interested to see what they were seeing as barring the Texas Death Match, which ultimately led to nothing in furthering the career of either man, I cannot think of anything.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
The problem with TNA now is the in ring action sucks that was the only thing good about TNA and now is like the guys in there don't care about the company anymore..

2007 was bullshit gimmick, wack storylines, but the in ring action was better then 2011

·
My World...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I watched a Misty On A Pole match last week between Kaz/Black Reign. :lmao

Some of the shit was bad but I think there was alot of good (especially out of the X-Division and Tag teams) that made it work.
Oh god I remember that match clearly.It made the begining of the attitude era look great.Hey anyone remember when Sharkboy woke up from a coma and started sounding like scsa all the sudden?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Let's be real the majority of 07 sucked.

Some PPV's may have been solid BUT the hour long Impact's were just too stuffed with content and way too jumbled.

However once Impact hit 2 hours in October of 07 everything changed.

It's long been my opinion that the three to four month stretch of October 07 to January 08 was one of TNA's strongest periods as a television entity.

05 and most of 06 may have had better wrestling but it lacked in the entertainment factor to appeal to the masses and D'Amore's attempts at entertainment were lame.

Those final months of 07 were TNA's most well rounded and well executed television period in terms of solid matches, entertainment, promos, sex appeal, ECT.

If I were going to rank my favorite overall periods in TNA history TNA October 07 to January 08 would be near the top of the list.

Possibly topped only by the first few months of 2003 on weekly PPV with the SEX angle.

So suffice to say the last three months of 07 easily top the majority of 2011.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
2008/2009 were the best years. M.E.M formation and split, Aj styles and Joe as champ. More importantly they went on the road on ppvs which I can't understand why not now
As for the PPV's on the road, the reason is money.

The majority of those shows wound up having to be heavily papered to make the buildings look full with the only real exception being Lockdown 08 was drew a sell out to the best of my knowledge.

As for your reasons 08 and 09 were the best years; while the MEM started hot the angle had no resolution it just faded. No blowoff.

Joe's title reign was weak and poorly booked, AJ's title reign was good but the way it ended was piss poor.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts