Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kaitlyn/Vickie part 2 = Fail on all levels. It was worse than their first match on NXT. Vickie falling through the ropes in slow motion for no reason...that was awful. The only highlights of the match were Kaitlyn's leg drop and her double axe handle off the apron. I'm glad to see she's expanded her moveset so much, but it wasn't enough to save the match.

I know they both suck. That's a given. But didn't you get the feeling Kaitlyn was sandbaggging it? She's clearly strong enough to do power moves on Vickie all day long, but she didn't do hardly anything but kicks and forearms. I understand they didn't want Vickie to look too bad, but I don't see why it couldn't have been similar to that Sheamus/Santino match from last week's Raw. Kaitlyn didn't have to look this bad for Vickie to sneak out a win.

I like divas matches sometimes. They're usually funny. But this killed the momentum of the show completely. It's one thing to be bad in the ring, but it's another to be bad and put effort into being worse. It was disgusting.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Maybe she doesn't want to hurt established 'talent' with pull and is still amateur? Wait wait, I got it...loldivas.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Aiaiaiaiai ... atrocious. Guess we couldn't have LayCool this time around.

They could have put Kaval in a match instead. Sigh.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Kaitlyn/Vickie part 2 = Fail on all levels. It was worse than their first match on NXT. Vickie falling through the ropes in slow motion for no reason...that was awful. The only highlights of the match were Kaitlyn's leg drop and her double axe handle off the apron. I'm glad to see she's expanded her moveset so much, but it wasn't enough to save the match.

I know they both suck. That's a given. But didn't you get the feeling Kaitlyn was sandbaggging it? She's clearly strong enough to do power moves on Vickie all day long, but she didn't do hardly anything but kicks and forearms. I understand they didn't want Vickie to look too bad, but I don't see why it couldn't have been similar to that Sheamus/Santino match from last week's Raw. Kaitlyn didn't have to look this bad for Vickie to sneak out a win.

I like divas matches sometimes. They're usually funny. But this killed the momentum of the show completely. It's one thing to be bad in the ring, but it's another to be bad and put effort into being worse. It was disgusting.
Not to nitpick... but sandbagging has nothing to do with how Kaitlyn was performing her offense. That would be impossible. The person taking the moves is the one that would have to be sand bagging... cuz ya know... they'd be sandbagging the other person, i.e. dead weighting them, thus making the person DOING the move look weaker...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
Vickie still pulled a better match out of her than Maxine could, and she's supposed to be a 'wrestler'.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Can someone tell me why this was on smackdown over Swagger/Kaval, which ended up opening fucking Superstars.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Kinda waste of time in my opinion, and i usually approve divas matches.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Id rather see those two wrestle than any of the other Divas. I change the channel or take a piss for the knockouts/divas segments usually but Vickie is very entertainng.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Can someone tell me why this was on smackdown over Swagger/Kaval, which ended up opening fucking Superstars.
Wow, I didn't know that, that's really sad.

I laughed throughout this whole match, mainly because of the announcers. :lmao

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
It was awful but by no means the worst women's match I've ever seen. At least WWE are able cover themselves since Kaitlin is a rookie and Vickie is in no way a wrestler. Still, it had no business being on tv but better that than PPV as they've done with Vickie before.

Can someone tell me why this was on smackdown over Swagger/Kaval, which ended up opening fucking Superstars ...
... and got a lot more time as a result, Kaval/Swagger would probably have gone around 5 minutes on Smackdown whereas the Superstars match was more than double that plus whatever action was cut to make a natural break for commecials.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Not to nitpick... but sandbagging has nothing to do with how Kaitlyn was performing her offense. That would be impossible. The person taking the moves is the one that would have to be sand bagging... cuz ya know... they'd be sandbagging the other person, i.e. dead weighting them, thus making the person DOING the move look weaker...
At least someone understands.

Sandbagging is what Holly did to Lesnar on that powerbomb.

Limiting offence is what Daniel Bryan's been doing since he signed for FCW (break for indy dates excluded).

There's a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
43,686 Posts
You would think after the abortion that was the 10 Divas tag match at Wrestlemania XXVI, somebody would have said "Hey, lets not put Vickie in the ring anymore"

Sheesh. I'll say it again, Vickie is a LOUSY performer on all levels. Bad talker, annoying & directionless character, & obviously a bad wrestler. Her presence does nothing but detract from the show, so I think its time for the old heave ho!

And incase I hear the line "But she gets heat!", I'll respond to it now. She gets heat because she sucks! That's no reason to showcase somebody. Mike Adamle should have told you all that. "Oh people hate Adamle because he sucks! Let's promote him from announcer to GM!". Sorry. Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Clearly the match wasn't to be taken serious so I don't know why people are getting so worked up about it. Every Diva match in the WWE is terrible and this one was just adding to the mockery that has become that division. At least Kaitlyn is nice to look at.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I'm not sure about the wrestling world, but the term sandbagging is used in the rest of the world just as Dice Darwin used it. The term originates in the drag racing world where racers would put sandbags in their trunks during qualifying races to slow themselves down and get put in a lower class than they should be in. They would then remove the sandbags in the races that would count and proceed to beat everyone.

So anyway, back on topic, I'm calling it, when Jiggles and Ziggles are officially split, Cole vs. Striker in a "cougar on a pole match". They both end up losing when said pole bends and Vickie lands on them both.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I enjoyed it thanks to the commentary. The WWE itself didn't take the match seriously, so why should it?

It was fun for a it was.
The commentary was gold and definitely saved it a bit, even my girlfriend was laughing over the water comment.

Match itself was really bad though

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Clearly the match wasn't to be taken serious so I don't know why people are getting so worked up about it. Every Diva match in the WWE is terrible and this one was just adding to the mockery that has become that division. At least Kaitlyn is nice to look at.
The problem is, this is Smackdown, not NXT. When i want to watch Smackdown i expect to see good wrestling matches like they usually provide every week (even the divas match usually ain't this bad because Lay-Cool actually can wrestle a decent match). If i want to watch funny botchfest with hilarious commentary, then i'll watch NXT. They should have kept this match on NXT or at least Superstars where they usually do storyline progression for minor feuds. And i do watch those shows with also different expectations. It's an NXT material and it should only belong there. This just my view though.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more. My theory is that they want to push this as a big deal and since most people can't/don't watch NXT, they thought it would be a good idea to feature it on SD. Gotta give them props for giving us a shit break during the show.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
When Cole said it was Match of the Year Candidate I felt violated and robbed of my time and dignity. Yeah obviously he was kidding but none the less I still felt all those things through the rest of the evening. When it comes to matches like Kaitlyn VS Vickie, making match of the year candidate jokes is unacceptable and WRONG.....SO SO WRONG!!!!! lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts