Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The editing on Kane's promo to open SmackDown was so overbearing I could hardly believe my eyes. The music playing in the background clearly wasn't coming from the arena but had been edited in; then take into account all the images and videos spliced into the speech and you've got something that basically looked more like a fucking movie trailer than a wrestling promo. The sad thing is that Kane did a really good job with the material he was given to work with.

Does this overproduction bother anyone else?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I loved the promo aside from the music. Do we really need to hear the 'creepy' music when Kane is speaking in the first place?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I actually got goosebumps from this promo... which is kind of weird considering I thought his other promo where he was talking about Taker being in a vegetative state was incredibly lame and dumb.

I guess I'm just awesome.

·
King James
24,656 Posts
I thought the music was a good fit for the Undertaker's funeral promo. They didn't necessarily need it tonight although Kane did a stellar job anyway. Kane knows how to sell his character extremely well.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
It was just too damn much...Kane absolutely nailed that promo and the jerkoffs ruin it by playing that sappy music like we're watching a damn Shakespeare play!

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Kane's promo was so over-done and over-edited that I almost lol'd. Had it gone on any longer he'd have pulled a skull out of his tights and said "To be or not to be, THAT is the question!"

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
They overdid the production for the promo. It was good on its own. It was ridiculous to add the music.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Was a great promo imo, but why were Kanes first words as world champion about torturing his goldfish:lmao

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I really don't know what to think of this promo. The talking and acting was on such a high level, I really don't know anyone in the WWE or TNA that could have executed that promo on the same level, but at the same time it sounded very epic and poetic and cheesy, especially with the sound in the background.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
It was alright but definitely overdone. WWE obviously has no faith in Kane's ability to do a promo without cheesy production/trailer effects. Not that I expected anything else...why else do ya think that Kane debuted as a guy with a mask who doesn't talk?

Still, surprising that that promo turned out so long...never saw kane talk that much. Also, can anyone who viewed this promo live give us some insight? Did it come out so badly Live that they were forced to do this, or was the promo pretty much the same minus the cheesy music?

also, if he just talked about torturing his goldfish and then left, that would have been awesome.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Pfft, I don't know about you guys but I fucking loved it. The creepy music, Kane's fitting vocabulary and the goldfish thing. The edited videos really gave it a scary effect.

And I could totally just be saying this because I am a huge Kane mark. *shrugs*

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Pfft, I don't know about you guys but I fucking loved it. The creepy music, Kane's fitting vocabulary and the goldfish thing. The edited videos really gave it a scary effect.

And I could totally just be saying this because I am a huge Kane mark. *shrugs*
what's there to mark about Kane? He's not exceptional in anything, and Taker's better in every field, including physical appearance (Kane was not blessed by the Gods with that face).

·
Registered
741 Posts
what's there to mark about Kane? He's not exceptional in anything, and Taker's better in every field, including physical appearance (Kane was not blessed by the Gods with that face).
Wait, wait. So, I'm expected to find wrestlers that I like physically attractive now? Fair enough. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes it is.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Definitely a pet peeve of mine with recorded wrestling shows. Sometimes the producers and editors take too much upon themselves and it takes away from the normal feel of a show that we get through watching it live. At the end of the day, it's an industry that was founded on live audiences long before it was a television phenomenom.

You do too much of this shit, it makes it look like a horrible soap opera or something.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
the promo was embarrassing. it is almost to the point where kane segments are must-skip now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Am I one of the very few that was truly embarrassed by that promo? It was one of those things that would make me not wanna watch wrestling around a friend. I like Kane, but his promo on Friday was really terrible.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I think we are all missing the point here. KANE TORTURES GOLDFISH!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts