Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because by now it's painfully obvious there isn't. As a matter of fact I don't know why anyone thought Nexus had a mastermind. The "bigger picture", I guess if WWE hasn't forgotten about it, is probably Barrett winning the WWE title and using the other members of nexus to obtain it. There really doesn't have to be any other "mastermind" than Barrett himself.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Quite honestly I'd mark if Barrett was using the Nexus all along to bulldoze his way to a WWE Title reign, and once obtained he simply stabs them all in the back.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
hopefully. it was pretty annoying the way everyone just randomly assumed there was a leader, when the entire point of this Nexus group was to legitimize Barrett into the main event, and the rest as either possible midcarders or being released. there was no bigger scheme.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
That makes sense i guess, but it would be a bit underwhelming if that is the revelation.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I think in the first few weeks roughly they had an idea of an bigger picture the fact barret kept mentioning it wwe were keen to emphasize their was a bigger picture however as the weeks went by it all went quiet so whatever the bigger picture was its either been dropped or they never knew in the 1st place and were buying time.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Their goal is just to make an impact, I guess. I also think there isn't any master plan.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
hhh was the master plan. had he not got reinjured and came back as scheduled i believe that they would have pushed forward with the mastermind angle. im still not quite sure that something else big isnt going to happen. because if wade barrett being established as a champion was the bigger plan then that would be the most anti climatic ending to a faction angle that i have ever witnessed. it might be revealed that cena is the mastermind and will reveal that when barrett captures the championship. making the nexus the most dominant force in the business giving hhh the chance to play the hero role and save the wwe

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Wtf?

People are saying it was just a way for Nexus to get over.

Then wtf was Barret talking about for at least a month? They screwed people in the WWE Championship match not for the belt but because of the 'bigger picture.' And the bigger picture was bigger than Cena and Nexus, according to him.

There WAS a higher power, but because of wierdass booking, it never came about. But they did a good job to transition the focus to Barret and the Nexus again.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I just assumed the "bigger picture" was they/Barret were going to take the championship and legitimize themselves to the roster as opposed to just being a group of jackasses beating the hell out of people for whatever reason.

That's what I got from it anyway.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Quite honestly, I am glad they didn't reveal some "mastermind" behind the whole thing. They are in the process of building a mega heel for the future in Barrett here, and having a leader above him would really hurt his momentum. Barrett has handled the pressure of the Nexus storyline and what is required of him brilliantly thus far, and is on his way to superstardom.

The winds of change really are blowing in WWE and I believe that Barrett's "bigger picture" is to use Nexus to obtain the WWE Championship and reign supreme over Raw.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I'm glad there most likely isn't a mastermind. I'd much rather see Barrett as the leader instead of being almost in the same position as everybody else in the other group.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It would benefit NOONE they ultimatly did reveal some mastermind. It would pretty much lose everyone below Barret a job. And Barrett himself would instantly have mid-carder credibility.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
All that was ever said was that Nexus had a very closely guarded secret agenda. That's what Barrett was saying back in the summer.

The "mastermind" thing was something Internet fans brought up as a supposition and then ran with.

It's still possible there is a secret agenda. As for the whole "mastermind" thing, I think Wade Barrett is your mastermind. If anything, Vince McMahon was the original "mastermind" back in late May when he foreshadowed Nexus appearing the week before. Vince thought that by unleashing Nexus he would destroy Bret Hart's reign as Raw's GM. Problem was, Vince didn't realize Nexus would double cross him. That was some solid writing because it explained how and why Nexus was freed up and how they came to be as a force, only to turn on the man who let them loose to begin with, covering up any significant plot holes.

In any event, we also have this whole anonymous GM angle, and it's still difficult to decipher whether or not he has any direct connection to Nexus in any event.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
They book Raw week to week and one week Wade mentioned the mastermind or higher power whatever he said. But he hasnt been mentioned again, there is no mastermind or higherpower in the Nexus angle, and it would be pointless if they decided to introduce it into Nexus now.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Its Barrett. A mastermind would kill Barrett's momentum, be illogical, and help destroy the storyline. A pointless swerve.

So yeah, it would basically be any storyline ever booked by Vince Russo.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Dont think there was a mastermind, if I recall people speculated over what the bigger picture was that Barrett mentioned numerous times. He hasnt mentioned it for a while so it hasnt been speculated for a while.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
This thread screams Corporate Ministry, by the way. Ugh ... Taker in servitude ... fpalm

Please just have it be Barrett.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts