Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Baby It's Violence
7,660 Posts
As a story in itself, what they've been doing already has been great and the result is also completely up in the air which is also great.

Problem I have is building up Roman to be this unstoppable force of a heel, only to let Edge beat him (if that happens). This is tailormade for a new up and coming babyface to be built up to beat him, of which WWE desperately needs considering the amount of 40+ year old guys and reliance of part time stars. They could have built up somebody like Big E for this role in beating him, or somebody new that fans seem to like in Keith Lee, and ended up with another huge babyface to build and market off of.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Edge has chosen Reigns as his WM37 opponent. Edge has pretty much given away the result of this match. He said that he isn't back for a greatest hits tour and plans to work full time.

Which I guess means he wins the universal title at wm37 and works full time after that.

Would u be happy with that?
No. because then I have to watch Smackdown. Was happy he was on Raw bc there was no need to watch on Fridays

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Believe it or not, I highly doubt Edge wins it. WWE has done bonehead booking before, but I can't see even them booking a near 50 year old that has only wrestled 2 matches in 10 years (excluding the 2 Rumble appearances) to beat their top star.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If you look through history, Roman never holds the title for very long. I see him dropping the belt to Edge at Mania and taking some time off. But don't worry Reigns fans, he'll get back as the champion in time for WM38/39 and a potential match with The Rock. In fact they might even move him over to RAW post Mania.
He was penciled in for long title reigns twice...BUT, he got suspended for PED's once and his cancer returned the 2nd time. This is the long reign they envisioned for him (though it is as a heel rather than a face the last 2 times they wanted to do it) and I don't see Edge being the one to beat him.

I would definitely book him to hold it until next years's Mania while they use this year to build up someone worthy to be a big star and can run after the big moment. However, I believe he holds it until at least Summerslam.

Also, I highly doubt he gets moved to RAW anytime soon. There is no one on the roster that can carry the brand that is broadcast on Network Television in prime time every week.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
He was penciled in for long title reigns twice...BUT, he got suspended for PED's once and his cancer returned the 2nd time. This is the long reign they envisioned for him (though it is as a heel rather than a face the last 2 times they wanted to do it) and I don't see Edge being the one to beat him.

I would definitely book him to hold it until next years's Mania while they use this year to build up someone worthy to be a big star and can run after the big moment. However, I believe he holds it until at least Summerslam.

Also, I highly doubt he gets moved to RAW anytime soon. There is no one on the roster that can carry the brand that is broadcast on Network Television in prime time every week.
You make some good points. We'll see what happens, perhaps WWE think Edge will be able to carry the brand if Roman is taking time off or moving to RAW? Either way, Roman is Vince's guy but so is Edge, I can see Vince wanting to give him the title, it's the culmination of his return and a feel good story to end Mania.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You make some good points. We'll see what happens, perhaps WWE think Edge will be able to carry the brand if Roman is taking time off or moving to RAW? Either way, Roman is Vince's guy but so is Edge, I can see Vince wanting to give him the title, it's the culmination of his return and a feel good story to end Mania.
Nah...Edge was never Vince's guy. They are just trying to use a storyline of a returning guy to create some kind of buzz as they have nothing special going on at the top of the card. Roman is clearly the best story, but they have no one for him to face now because they devalued everyone else on the roster.

Edge at his best was just a guy they could trust to hold the belt until they could set up their next big project. He was never the focal point of the company and was not a top tier guy. I can't see them running with him now at almost 50. He will be a part timer at the most.

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
15,704 Posts
Nah...Edge was never Vince's guy. They are just trying to use a storyline of a returning guy to create some kind of buzz as they have nothing special going on at the top of the card. Roman is clearly the best story, but they have no one for him to face now because they devalued everyone else on the roster.

Edge at his best was just a guy they could trust to hold the belt until they could set up their next big project. He was never the focal point of the company and was not a top tier guy. I can't see them running with him now at almost 50. He will be a part timer at the most.
Objectively I agree.

Edge was a guy who could with THE guy similar to HHH without the biased booking.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Hopefully not, Roman shouldn't lose at WrestleMania.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts

I'm not saying Edge is Vince's guy like Austin/Rock, but Vince was Edge's biggest supporter and the one who wanted him to succeed. You don't win 11 World Titles, win 2 Royal Rumbles and main event 1 potentially 2 Mania's if you are not one of Vince's guys.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,639 Posts
it's just awful, roman should squash him.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm not saying Edge is Vince's guy like Austin/Rock, but Vince was Edge's biggest supporter and the one who wanted him to succeed. You don't win 11 World Titles, win 2 Royal Rumbles and main event 1 potentially 2 Mania's if you are not one of Vince's guys.
As I said, he was a guy you could trust to carry the title you get you to the next big project. Edge was a go to guy if nothing else was working....hence the reason for so many title reigns at a time where things were not that great. Sure, during his hey day during the middle and end of the 2000's, things look great in hindsight compared to now.

If Edge was one of Vince's guys, he would have won the Rumble last year and the title at last year's WM. However, this year, there is nothing special so its: "lets see what we can get out of Edge until we get something going" since he's back.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I was really hoping to get The Rock vs Reigns at WM, I guess it could always be Summerslam

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
Personally I don't see Edge beating Roman. If it were anyone else, even Drew, I could see Edge winning to tell that story. But I just don't see Edge being the one to beat Roman for that title.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
2,918 Posts
I don't know who I want to win to be honest, they're the two best wrestlers in WWE and two biggest stars in wrestling right now, it's fucking awesome.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Reigns needs to bury everybody for the next 2 years. Needs to be booked as a squash honestly. Reigns is currently the most entertaining star in wrestling as a whole.

Reactions: Trixdee and R75

·
Registered
94 Posts
I hope Edge wins and I think that would be the correct decision.

However, Reigns is clearly going to retain. Edge got his feel good moment at the Rumble and McMahon is too much of a **** in real life to give him a second one. Especially over his boy, Reigns.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Edge’s story can’t be a feel good story if the live fans are cheering Roman.

Roman will be getting cheered at Wrestlemania, believe that.

So even if Vince books Edge to win, he’ll need to flip the script on the night or the fans will rebel with CM Punk chants or something over Edge’s celebrations.

Roman’s crowd reaction will always cause headaches for Vince...

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Have Edge win, have an AWESOME feud with Seth, then drop it to Roman or someone else.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts