Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edge has chosen Reigns as his WM37 opponent. Edge has pretty much given away the result of this match. He said that he isn't back for a greatest hits tour and plans to work full time.

Which I guess means he wins the universal title at wm37 and works full time after that.

Would u be happy with that?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Story wise, it makes sense. Granted, Edge was the World Heavyweight champion not the Universal champion. But Edge never lost his title, he had to give it up because of a life threatening injury. Now that he can wrestle again, logically he would want to reclaim what he never lost. He could beat Reigns at WrestleMania for that feel good ending, then like a lot of Edge's title reigns, lose it quickly, since he's never had the longest World title reign given his character.

·
BRRRRRRRRAWK LESNAR!
2,506 Posts
While I like Edge, I just hate when the outcome for Wrestlemania feels so... pre-determined? I know that McMahon makes the calls ahead of time, but as a fan it’s supposed to be somewhat of a surprise and feel like the title match can go either way leading up to the event.

Currently it feels like there’s zero chance that Edge doesn’t win as some sort of sob-story redemption. While I like Edge, respect his comeback, and don’t mind him being champion, I wish this was more of a toss up than the way this matchup feels as of now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
He shouldn’t beat Roman.

He should.

He is the ultimate opportunist who beat Cena, Batista, Michaels, Triple H and The Undertaker.

The credibility of Roman Reigns will not be damaged if Edge beats him, using heel tactics as a face.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I'm not convinced Edge is going to win at all and especially with the WWE title situation I see Drew getting the big babyface title moment and Roman beating Edge comfortably

Nows not the time to take the belt off Roman even though the Edge winning the title moment would be sweet (it's why I wanted him going after wwe title)

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
15,704 Posts
Yes I will be ecstatic to see Edge fulfill his return story by adding one more reign to his resume making him a 12x World Champion even if it's only for a brief period.

That being said Roman needs to have a refresher at some point before he regains the Title for better sustainability.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I am OK with Edge winning. Roman's reign has been stale despite the hype. Honestly I would have rather seen Roman/Bryan for the Universal Title and Edge beat whoever is WWE Champion though.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,332 Posts
Edge has chosen Reigns as his WM37 opponent. Edge has pretty much given away the result of this match. He said that he isn't back for a greatest hits tour and plans to work full time.

Which I guess means he wins the universal title at wm37 and works full time after that.

Would u be happy with that?
I don't really see how that means he's going to win the title. Of course Edge is going to claim this. Hell Batista even claimed this when he came back a second time (although to be fair, his reasoning for leaving was that things turned out a LOT different than what he was originally expecting). Doesn't mean that's how the result will turn out.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sure, we had part timer Brock win multiple titles and he wasn’t even in the show all the time, in fact he wouldn’t show up for months or cut any promos .

As long as Edge is there for the majority of the time and commits to at least one match every month on ppvs , I am more than fine with it. A lot of big matchups are possible for him starting with Edge vs Seth , Edge vs Bryan, Eege vs Aj styles etc and if he is the champ that would make those matches feel bigger as well

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,986 Posts
Well this is unpredictable I will say that. Do they keep the Tribal Chief thing going strong or do they give Edge his storybook return moment at Mania?

Could go either way.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
If you look through history, Roman never holds the title for very long. I see him dropping the belt to Edge at Mania and taking some time off. But don't worry Reigns fans, he'll get back as the champion in time for WM38/39 and a potential match with The Rock. In fact they might even move him over to RAW post Mania.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts