Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people on here have said that Edge has been boring and stale since his return. How can you say that after last night? Edge was pure gold, every segment he was in he killed it. I don't see how anyone can deny how entertaining Edge was on Raw last night.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Exactly, Edge was awesome last night which just makes it sadder that his booking has been really crap lately.

The impersonation of Khali and "you totally suck" to Ryder was brilliant.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Ryder: "Wait, did you call me a tool?"

Edge: "Yeah"

Ryder: "You really hurt my feelings bro."

:lmao :lmao :lmao

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Well, I'm an Edge fan, so maybe I'm biased...

...but I don't think Edge is boring. Hell no. He's got everything a WWE main eventer should have in their repertoire.

He's just been booked very poorly. He's almost an oversight in the WWE right now, a "tagger on" to the main event. And his recent face run failed because he wasn't really a face, but a tweener, and I feel this confused the crowd. It's as if they didn't know whether they should be supporting him or not, or just how to support him, if you get my drift.

And just because he's had a serious injury recently doesn't mean he is fragile - to say that would be committing a gross over reaction. Breakable and delicate Edge is not.

He just needs some better booking, and to find his proper place in the WWE. And when he does so, he'll set the place alight again.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, one night of comedy really makes me forget about 7 months of shit.
It's not even that, Edge has done a lot more comedy these past few weeks and yet people still continue to call him boring

·
Asuka
96,504 Posts
I don't see why anything he did last night was so special. He's one of my favourite wrestlers of all time prior to when he started dating Vickie Guerrero and ruined SmackDown!, but he just doesn't have it anymore. I don't think anything he can do will ever be able to make me care about him again.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Pyro™;8816638 said:
I don't see why anything he did last night was so special. He's one of my favourite wrestlers of all time prior to when he started dating Vickie Guerrero and ruined SmackDown!, but he just doesn't have it anymore. I don't think anything he can do will ever be able to make me care about him again.
I agree, the only funny part about the promo with Ryder was when Ryder said his he loves his mum too, and the Khali impersonations very really childish, very unfitting of a grown up adult calling himself the Rated R Superstar.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
He was gold all night, great to see. The edge ryder segment was my favorite backstage for quite some time, loved it

If miz had of done that promo you would of all loved it, but edge seems to be disliked by the iwc these days, anyways glad a fair amount of people enjoyed him last night

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
He was gold all night, great to see. The edge ryder segment was my favorite backstage for quite some time, loved it

If miz had of done that promo you would of all loved it, but edge seems to be disliked by the iwc these days, anyways glad a fair amount of people enjoyed him last night
It's a hate bandwagon,what can we do?

I agree with TheBusiness and Phenom...

·
Asuka
96,504 Posts

I think The Miz is the best thing on Raw besides Jericho but I would most certainly not be amused by him making ridiculous comments about how referees are insulting his mother and looking for the anonymous gm in traveling bags and drawers, or making Godzilla impressions during a match for that matter, but then again, Miz wouldn't come up with anything that stupid.

And if anything, it that had been Miz, people would be hating on it even more.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Pyro™;8816638 said:
I see exactly what you are saying here Pyro. Edge was seriously my all time favorite superstar for the longest of times. He was THE man in my eyes. Ever since he and Lita teamed up, he was the shit to me. Then when he ruled SD! I still loved the guy but he started doing less and less impressive things. Now look at him. I can't think of anything he has done recently that has impacted the WWE. It seems like he is slowly dwindling down a hill. Then I look at what Pyro has said and I agree. I don't know if anything he will do in the future will really make me care about him. He's just Edge IMO now.

Also, a lot of that probably has to do that he has had the same exact gimmick, with out any change to it, for over 5 years. He is stale. Probably one of the best wrestlers alive, but stale. He really needs a change for the better. A face turn is NOT going to help him not one bit. He really needs to have a change. Something that will put more "spice" into him.

·
Registered
813 Posts
That whole thing where he was looking for the GM was really, really lame. And his match with Khali was just plain awful.

In answer to the OP's question, "Yes. Edge is boring."

Not sure what exactly he needs to do, but he's been riding the same schtick with little to no change for a long while. There's nothing R-Rated or exciting about him.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
The segment with Ryder was funny, but I don't think it's his promos that people are hating on.

His ring work is declining, though putting him against Khali doesn't help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts