Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't care. Bray Wyatt was supposed to main event this years Mania and now Mcintyre will. That's a loss, no matter who he main events because of. It's not irrelevant, it's a WrestleMania main event. That's a career defining moment. This was Bray Wyatts only chance to main event WM and MCINTYRE fucked him out of it. Of all people. The Fiends match is now completely worthless.

And frankly, if Seth Rollins and Brock don't main event WM, then neither should Mcintyre and Brock.

Reigns will get booed no matter what, so just close with his coronation. At least the match would have value in the main event spot and would be a career defining match for Bray Wyatt instead of a worthless title loss.
Since it’s so worthless if he doesn’t get the main event, I suggest he drops the title to someone else in Saudi Arabia and that person gets the second main event match instead 😃

Not everyone and their grandmother can or should main event mania .

Roman main evented enough manias and shouldn’t do it again so soon else he will get backlash .

Wyatt is already 2 times world champion and been around for a while so him main eventing mania and losing the title won’t define his career . And you know he is losing to Roman.

Neither one of those guy NEEDs the main event at this point ,except for some die hard fanboys .

With that being said, I am sure that if Drew doesn’t get reactions or gets too much boos by the time WM comes down, they would put the Fiends match last as long as it turns out to be the hotter of the 2 feuds.

They have been know to swap main event places over fan reactions.

We will see

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,658 Posts
What makes me furious is the way they're building the match, it's probably going to be the main event. Drew Mcintyre has no business main eventing WrestleMania over Bray Wyatt.....at any point in time, let alone after the last several months.
As one of the biggest Bray Wyatt fans here. Drew absolutely does.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Not that you or anyone would (and maybe even should) care, but we know very well McIntyre will main event over the Fiend because of who each of them is facing. Whether McIntyre really gets the top spot or not is fairly irrelevant, we all know he's main eventing because Brock is Brock and Reigns can't be put anywhere close a main event spot without being booed.
Once upon a time Roman could be an automatic main event spot. But he's an upper midcarder now, has been for over a year. It's clear that Roman will never ascend to the heights he once sat on. That cancer thing spooked Vince good and he's never gonna invest his entire resources on him again.

·
Team AEW
2,805 Posts
I don't know why everyone's all so upset about Drew all of a sudden. It's clear to me the WWE has run out of fresh matches for Brock and they're looking down the list and it's Drew's turn now. That's really all it is. I don't see the WWE suddenly anointing him, hell the guy hasn't even gotten a midcard title reign yet to build him.
To be fair, WWE has rarely, if ever in the last 20 years, pushed people like that. I mean - first giving them the midcard title and then the world title. Vince usually sees talent as a main eventer or... as everyone else. He protected Drew (and I use that term pretty loosely here, because in reality he THOUGHT he was protecting him, but at the same time he was giving Drew losses to guys like Ricochet last fall), and he never really wanted to give him the IC/US belt. These titles, even in the eyes of casual fans, now mean you're not a big deal and they're not gonna push you. So I think Vince wants to push Drew, at least to a degree, or we would've seen him hold the midcard belt already. I know, it's completely backwards, but it's usually how it is. Look and midcard champions now. You think a guy like Nakamura will ever win the world title, after the run that he's had? Or Andrade? Not anytime soon. They're holding these belts certainly not because they are being groomed for bigger pushes.

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
As one of the biggest Bray Wyatt fans here. Drew absolutely does.
You're not a real Bray Wyatt fan if you think Mcintyre deserves a WM main event more than him.

Since it’s so worthless if he doesn’t get the main event, I suggest he drops the title to someone else in Saudi Arabia and that person gets the second main event match instead 😃
If he doesn't main event WM, go for it. I don't care if he's on the Mania card at all if he doesn't main event it. I genuinely don't care. Take the title off him in February and leave him off WrestleMania if you're gonna waste his time. Defending the title at WrestleMania does him no good, he's already done it, and I won't waste my time watching him continually do things he's already done. That's not good enough. Stagnation in wrestling is death. It's always about aiming higher. If he's not allowed to aim higher then fucking cut him and save me the trouble. He has nothing left to do but main event WM, he's already held the WWE and Universal titles. If this is as high as he ever goes, fine, if Vince wants to be a stubborn prick, it's his company, but have the decency to fire him and stop wasting his time and my time on a career that he's forced to peak. There's NO point in watching it, it's a waste of resources.

Not everyone and their grandmother can or should main event mania .
Correct, not everyone......like Mcintyre. Bray Wyatt is not everyone, he's special and he's fucking earned it. Mcintyre earned nothing.

Roman main evented enough manias and shouldn’t do it again so soon else he will get backlash .
He's already getting backlash. He got booed mercilessly at the Rumble. He's going to get booed for beating The Fiend, or even just wrestling The Fiend. It doesn't matter whether he's on first, in the middle, or last, he's going to get booed. Bray deserves this, put him on last. And by the way, not doing something because you're afraid some fucking nerds will BOO is PATHETIC.

Wyatt is already 2 times world champion and been around for a while so him main eventing mania and losing the title won’t define his career.
It will absolutely define his career as less than other people who got a WM main event if he doesn't main event a WrestleMania. Being a world champion and main eventing WrestleMania is the peak.

And you know he is losing to Roman.
I don't give a fuck if he loses or not. That's not my concern. I would rather he main evented WrestleMania and LOST than beat Roman clean and stay the champion in the second to last match.

Neither one of those guy NEEDs the main event at this point ,except for some die hard fanboys.
Bray Wyatt definitely needs a main event. Who doesn't need a main event is Mcintyre. Mcintyre doesn't even deserve to win the title, but if he needs anything, it's to win the title and beat Brock. That's the next level for his career. Mcintyre has things to do before the next phase of his career is main eventing WrestleMania. Bray Wyatt does not, Bray Wyatt has achieved that level, now he needs the next level of his career to be reached, which is main eventing WrestleMania. There should be no lateral moves in wrestling. If you're not going up, your career is currently worthless. This is Bray Wyatts best and only chance to main event WM and he earned it by re-inventing himself and becoming the best character in the business. Mcintyre has done nothing for years and until he won the Rumble had never received a single crowd reaction. I don't care if he gets more over than Hulk Hogan in the next 2 months, this isn't right. It's not his time.

With that being said, I am sure that if Drew doesn’t get reactions or gets too much boos by the time WM comes down, they would put the Fiends match last as long as it turns out to be the hotter of the 2 feuds.

They have been know to swap main event places over fan reactions.

We will see
They won't. Vince hates Bray Wyatt.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
To be fair, WWE has rarely, if ever in the last 20 years, pushed people like that. I mean - first giving them the midcard title and then the world title. Vince usually sees talent as a main eventer or... as everyone else. He protected Drew (and I use that term pretty loosely here, because in reality he THOUGHT he was protecting him, but at the same time he was giving Drew losses to guys like Ricochet last fall), and he never really wanted to give him the IC/US belt. These titles, even in the eyes of casual fans, now mean you're not a big deal and they're not gonna push you. So I think Vince wants to push Drew, at least to a degree, or we would've seen him hold the midcard belt already. I know, it's completely backwards, but it's usually how it is. Look and midcard champions now. You think a guy like Nakamura will ever win the world title, after the run that he's had? Or Andrade? Not anytime soon. They're holding these belts certainly not because they are being groomed for bigger pushes.
It's a little more nuanced than that. Rollins, AJ Styles, and Roman all held midcard titles and then re-entered the world title scene again afterwards.

The key is more that how much focus they got as those champions. Rollins as IC champ got a lot of focus. AJ Styles' first US title run got more focus than Jinder's WWE title run. Roman was always a focus through his midcard reigns.

AJ Styles' recent US title run however is drastically different, and he's not been a major focus on the programs in almost a year now, with the exception of his brief feud with Rollins. That's when you know AJ is not a guy they likely have future plans for anymore.

·
Team AEW
2,805 Posts
It's a little more nuanced than that. Rollins, AJ Styles, and Roman all held midcard titles and then re-entered the world title scene again afterwards.

The key is more that how much focus they got as those champions. Rollins as IC champ got a lot of focus. AJ Styles' first US title run got more focus than Jinder's WWE title run. Roman was always a focus through his midcard reigns.

AJ Styles' recent US title run however is drastically different, and he's not been a major focus on the programs in almost a year now, with the exception of his brief feud with Rollins. That's when you know AJ is not a guy they likely have future plans for anymore.
All true, but also the key here is that they were all World Champions before winning any midcard belts. They were already established by that point, it didn't really matter for them to be donwgraded to IC belts because they were already successful. I was talking specifically holding midcard title first in order to get a bigger push next, because you said Vince didn't give McIntyre a midcard belt, therefore he isn't gonna get a bigger push. That's not how Vince thinks. He didn't give Drew a midcard belt, BECAUSE he wants him to get the World title, at least I think that's where his logic stands, and it's backwards, but it's just how it is. Most of Vince's chosen guys from past several years got World Title runs way before IC/US title runs. Reigns, Rollins, Sheamus, Jinder, Styles, I might be forgetting some. Drew McIntyre is without the doubt the chosen one for now (no pun intended). I think Vince's mentality is that he doesn't create a long-term push or storyline, he just forces a guy that he likes into main event (see Sheamus or Reigns), and then he might change his mind, or he might not, who can really tell. Right now, I think the intention is to push Drew. They gave him a lot of mic time lately, you can say they gave him a chance. That Rumble win wasn't out of nowhere. If you watched the show, it was clear as day they want to do something with Drew, I for one just didn't think it was the Rumble win, but something like that (like winning the Chamber or smth, so he would challenge Brock anyway). They first let him talk more, then in like 2 or 3 weeks he got that 3-2-1 counting over, and then he beat Orton and Styles. This wasn't random.

It's also a bit funny, because by fall of 2019 I was convinced they gave up on Drew, because he was losing to Cedrics and Ricochets and some other flippy guys, it was surreal. They booked him to lose before that also, but not to that degree. Then he returned after a minor injury, and kinda-sorta started to feud with Orton, but they quickly dropped it, and then he started to turn face. Now, the turn was pretty random, if you ask me. He should've turn on some heel instead, like beat up Rollins or someone else, I don't know, at least that would get more reaction. But it is what it is, I won't complain about the push.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
You're not a real Bray Wyatt fan if you think Mcintyre deserves a WM main event more than him.

If he doesn't main event WM, go for it. I don't care if he's on the Mania card at all if he doesn't main event it. I genuinely don't care. Take the title off him in February and leave him off WrestleMania if you're gonna waste his time. Defending the title at WrestleMania does him no good, he's already done it, and I won't waste my time watching him continually do things he's already done. That's not good enough. Stagnation in wrestling is death. It's always about aiming higher. If he's not allowed to aim higher then fucking cut him and save me the trouble. He has nothing left to do but main event WM, he's already held the WWE and Universal titles. If this is as high as he ever goes, fine, if Vince wants to be a stubborn prick, it's his company, but have the decency to fire him and stop wasting his time and my time on a career that he's forced to peak. There's NO point in watching it, it's a waste of resources.

Correct, not everyone......like Mcintyre. Bray Wyatt is not everyone, he's special and he's fucking earned it. Mcintyre earned nothing.

He's already getting backlash. He got booed mercilessly at the Rumble. He's going to get booed for beating The Fiend, or even just wrestling The Fiend. It doesn't matter whether he's on first, in the middle, or last, he's going to get booed. Bray deserves this, put him on last. And by the way, not doing something because you're afraid some fucking nerds will BOO is PATHETIC.

It will absolutely define his career as less than other people who got a WM main event if he doesn't main event a WrestleMania. Being a world champion and main eventing WrestleMania is the peak.

I don't give a fuck if he loses or not. That's not my concern. I would rather he main evented WrestleMania and LOST than beat Roman clean and stay the champion in the second to last match.

Bray Wyatt definitely needs a main event. Who doesn't need a main event is Mcintyre. Mcintyre doesn't even deserve to win the title, but if he needs anything, it's to win the title and beat Brock. That's the next level for his career. Mcintyre has things to do before the next phase of his career is main eventing WrestleMania. Bray Wyatt does not, Bray Wyatt has achieved that level, now he needs the next level of his career to be reached, which is main eventing WrestleMania. There should be no lateral moves in wrestling. If you're not going up, your career is currently worthless. This is Bray Wyatts best and only chance to main event WM and he earned it by re-inventing himself and becoming the best character in the business. Mcintyre has done nothing for years and until he won the Rumble had never received a single crowd reaction. I don't care if he gets more over than Hulk Hogan in the next 2 months, this isn't right. It's not his time.

If Bray Wyatt saw ur post he would be really annoyed. Yeah lets leave him off the mania card and stop him from showcasing his fiend at the biggest stage. Also lets deny his big payday. Just because he didn't main event.

Ever noticed how whenever his fans make such comments, Bray Wyatt seems to make fun of them in Twitter? Its because he thinks such opinions are nonsense. He is living the dream making millions and living with JoJo

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
He deserves it. He looks legit, unlike Reigns, he is a powerhouse that can move great in the ring and he just might be the first wwe Babyface that I have liked in ages. Rollins’ current role is great too.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
In no planet should Reigns Wyatt main event any PPV let alone Wrestlemania. It's a sucky match and we've seen it before. Reigns should have faced Wyatt at Survivor Series and Royal Rumble and Bryan should have been given the Wrestlemania spot. Bryan/Wyatt is Wrestlemania main event worthy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't care. Bray Wyatt was supposed to main event this years Mania and now Mcintyre will. That's a loss, no matter who he main events because of. It's not irrelevant, it's a WrestleMania main event. That's a career defining moment. This was Bray Wyatts only chance to main event WM and MCINTYRE fucked him out of it. Of all people. The Fiends match is now completely worthless.

And frankly, if Seth Rollins and Brock don't main event WM, then neither should Mcintyre and Brock.

Reigns will get booed no matter what, so just close with his coronation. At least the match would have value in the main event spot and would be a career defining match for Bray Wyatt instead of a worthless title loss.

This is your biased opinion.
Wyatt isn’t a new star, he already had a few “career defining” moments like winning the title on Halloween in a dominant fashion.

You can’t and won’t have your 4 favorites win all the time and just like how people wanted Wyatt to win before, it’s obvious from this site that the same people now want to see a new star in the main event and Drew is just that.

You had your happy fan moment when Wyatt won the title, now allow the fans of other stars like Drew to have their happy moment watching him win at the main event of mania.

Wyatt is only 32 , he willl be around for the next decade or so baring injuries , he will have time in the future to main event mania .

101 - 113 of 113 Posts