Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m confused. I’m pretty sure Velvet used to do the butt shake first and then Angelina followed as they entered the ring. This was a clear sign that Angelina was rated higher in the group. Of course they also adorned her with the TNA KO title many a time. This seems to have changed since the reunion, with Angelina shaking first and leading into Velvet’s shake (yes, I’m very... observant).

Angelina’s visa situation and Jan 4th brought about a change. Obviously, those TBP poker segments drew. TNA separated Angelina from the group, which was a smart move seeing as she too could quite possibly pull some fans, and they’re basically turning 1 into 2. This continued for most of the year with Madison opposing them, and then eventually a fight for TBP rights.

I’m still left wondering: why didn’t they strap the KO title on Velvet? Wouldn’t this have been a bit of a litmus test? If she can get better numbers, with fewer garments, in poorer executed matches than the other KOs, wouldn’t that be telling TNA something?

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,761 Posts
The thing I see is, they are putting the KO title on the better wrestler out of the Beautiful People. If Angelina wins the belt, Velvet's gonna be there with her anyway, so it doesn't really matter - Velvet will be onscreen anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Sky gets a reign eventually, but I'd like to see Sarita get a reign first.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Thing is though there trying to get women who can wrestle. But they just fill there roster with women who botch like winter, madison, mickie.

I dont think the numbers would dramatically increase with Velvet as champion nor would they decrease. There isnt enough people who actually give a shit about womens wrestling to make it an issue.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I agree they should have given the KO title to Velvet Sky just because she's a "draw",instead they gave the title to miss nobody who will never be a draw on her own...TNA need to quite on Rayne & fire her.
Let's be honest she just kills the belt everytime she wins it,when was the last time the ko title was on the line?
Now I'm sure the KO tag titles will have more importance than the single title b'cause Angelina will make it matter.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
I agree they should have given the KO title to Velvet Sky just because she's a "draw",instead they gave the title to miss nobody who will never be a draw on her own...TNA need to quite on Rayne & fire her.
Let's be honest she just kills the belt everytime she wins it,when was the last time the ko title was on the line?
Now I'm sure the KO tag titles will have more importance than the single title b'cause Angelina will make it matter.
How is that Rayne's fault? That's the work of the garbage booking team. An employee losing her job because her employers are letting her down is flat out ridiculous.

Velvet is absolute trash in the ring, so I really hope she doesn't get any kind of push. TNA needs to make the best of their division and instead push the likes of Winter and Sarita.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Velvet's ass is the biggest draw in TNA.

If anything, putting the belt on her would detract from that because that shit would get in the way of that big ol' ba-dump ba-dump.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I thought Love entered the ring first, with her butt wiggling, then Velvet before Angelina won her first belt.

I think the reason they dont need to give Velvet a belt is by giving her the belt, then they become no different than WWE in that the matches will be short and limited, sort of like why they didnt give LVE the KO belt despite being hot and popular (she is alot more hotter than Velvet IMHO), since LVE was botchmania. Look at any single matches between Velvet and ANY past or previous KO. Velvet, despite being a 9 year veteran, is now a limited wrestler (not sure if its a health issue, as she used to be average, not below average she is now).

plus, like a previous poster said, she is already over, no need to put a belt on someone who is already over.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Naw Velvet has always been last

This is an old entrance back when they were with Kip James.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
For anyone saying Velvet doesn't draw, you must be joking. Ticket and PPV sales aren't the only source of money, and they aren't the only way to draw. Velvet draws eyes to the TV screen. TNA sells commercial time. The higher their TV ratings, the higher the asking price for that commercial time.

She's not a massive draw, but she does more than her part. Especially for a woman.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
there might be potential in vlevet thats yet to uncovered, much like Sable trish and Candice, i wouldn't object to her holding the ko title

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
This question shouldn't even need to be asked. She's a MAIN draw in TNA period. Fuck a title, she's the female "face" of the brand.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Maybe they'll split the BP for good this time now that Angelina is the tag champ with Winter.
And than we will see if Velvet can draw on her own.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
For a woman to draw they have to be a good role model for young girls, or at least be in the position where little girls want to be like them. I don't think young girls who watch wrestling see Velvet and think "I wanna be like her". It's girls like Mickie & Tara that I'm guessing young female wrestling fans would prefer to be like.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Velvet is more popular but the weaker wrestler of the two. She wasn't ready to be pushed as a singles wrestler. Putting people in tag teams hides their deficiencies somewhat because they don't have to carry a whole match. (You'll see this when Angelina carries the team she's in with Winter.

Her working with Sarita is the next step in her evolution as a singles wrestler. She'll walk her through matches until she's able to do it on her own. As I've stated before, Velvet is being pushed to be the face of the Division, but at least they're smart enough to see she needs work.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
For a woman to draw they have to be a good role model for young girls, or at least be in the position where little girls want to be like them. I don't think young girls who watch wrestling see Velvet and think "I wanna be like her". It's girls like Mickie & Tara that I'm guessing young female wrestling fans would prefer to be like.
Yeah because wrestling is so huge with the little girls. Velvet is somewhat of a draw I guess, and it is mainly sex appeal with men (and maybe a few women who can also appreciate it.) Also the fact that she is one of the few girls who has some personality and doesn't sound like she's reading from dummy cards helps her stand out. But you are barking up the wrong tree if you are hoping to attract young girls looking for role models to pro wrestling. It is like .00001% of their audience, and certainly will never catch on enough to make you any money.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts